caloric content of foods

Mariela

Cathlete
Does anyone know the caloric content per tablespoon of carob? Also, does anyone know a website or have a list of the caloric content of vegetables, meats, and other foods that don't come with labels?

Hi,
Are there any excellent websites out there that discuss the science of nutrition? Actually, I would like to find a great book to use as a resource- but not just a calorie counter- a real resource to understand the science of nutrition. Any advice?
-Amy

The only suggestion I have regarding sources on nutrition is that Covert Bailey is an extremely knowledgeable expert on exercise and nutrition, who's also a great writer. It's not strictly nutrition, but you might want to look at his Web site: http://www.covertbailey.com and maybe check out some of his books.

There is also calorieking.com and nutri-facts.com

Both are good sources for calorie count info, and calorieking.com has a fast food data base that is really extensive.

Donna

Oh, yeah, Calorie King rocks! His little book has everything in it, and I use it the most.

I really like my Nutrition textbook, Understanding Nutrition, 6th Edition (they prob. have the 7th Edition out now) by E. N. Whitney and S. R. Rolfes. ISBN 0-314-01239-7. Comprehensive and readable. Mine cost $51.00 new but I bet at college bookstores you could find used ones much cheaper.

Other texts might even be better. I like to find used textbooks that someone highlighted! Those highlights are often helpful!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-02 AT 01:18PM (Est)[/font][p]Connie - I am currently reading the 5th edition of the book. I got it for $7 (used) at Amazon. It was in great condition. It is such a brilliant read. Its a must for anyone with an interest in good nutrition, I think.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.