Calling all really organized people....

SheWolf

Cathlete
Okay I have subscriptions to fitness magazines and I like to save them so I can refer back to workouts that are in them. Well, of course they are piling up and driving me crazy. So what to do? I started taking out the workouts I wanted to save and was going to place them in binders, but that now too seems like it will just consume a lot of space. So then I thought, what if I just scanned what I wanted to keep into my computer and store them that way? Has any one tried this? Or have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Linda: I am also a collector of fitness mag workouts and healthy recipes and it was getting out of control! I scored a cheap second hand scanner and I scan a lot of stuff- totally frees up so much space. I have a separate disk drive that backs up everything so I don't worry about losing it all in a crash. I highly recommend the scanner- HTH.

Thanks, Patti & Carola. You have convinced me. I was given an HP scanner recently and I think it is time to put it to work!:D:D:D:D:D

Make sure you use naming conventions that make finding your data easy. It's not worth a dime if yous scan everything and can't find it anyway. ;)

I think scanning is a great idea and agree w/ Beavs, name things well. I usually will also use folders to organize example: upper body workouts, diet, inspiration, etc...

I'm still too old school. I have several 3 ring binders full of all of the workouts I saved from magazines. I also do this with the beading magazines I subscribe to. I like the paper format because I can just leaf through the workouts when I am looking for inspiration. So if the scanner thing doesn't work, the binders is still a good option.

Shayne

Linda if I use *all* of the above methods simultaneously can I still be a really organized person?? ;)

I'm still too old school. I have several 3 ring binders full of all of the workouts I saved from magazines. I also do this with the beading magazines I subscribe to. I like the paper format because I can just leaf through the workouts when I am looking for inspiration. So if the scanner thing doesn't work, the binders is still a good option.

Shayne

same here. i have 3 binders of workouts, one that is rotations and workouts they make that say go by the weeks, and one that is general articles for fitness and food. of my other 3 one is full body workouts, the other is split divided into upper,lower,abs. the other is travel friendly workouts including lots of yoga/pilates and cardio. i have used them here and there.

kassia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.