Calling all HATERS, 7/31

purple_magada

Cathlete
Hey haters. Wow, nobody started this thread yet?????

Even though my b-day is tomorrow, my boss made me the most delicious homemade sticky buns and I ate 2, yes 2 and am not going to feel the least built guilty. She makes me them every year. She actually made them this a.m. and they were all warm and gooey and of course I had to have center pieces. YUM!!!!!!!

Last night I did the 33 push/pull upper body premix from Muscle Max and abs from MIS. Tonight I am planning to do the 48-min low impact premix from KickMax. Hopefully I can do it. Gannon was down with me for the abs last night and he lifted his own 1lb dumbell. LOL

Jen - how's the appetite?

Diane - how are you feeling today with the BP? (I kept typing PB duh). Sorry to hear about how your sister is acting. Too bad she can see what she is doing.

Michele - I have never read Beatrix Potter but I have Gannon's bedroom done in Beatrix Potter. Of course, he NEVER goes in there. HA!!! I took his crib down and all of the crib bedding was Beatrix Potter. The wallpaper border that I put up (while I was 9 months pregnant, what was I thinking???) is still there.

Well, better get working. Later gators!!!
Where is everyone else today?

Good morning Dana and all!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...homemade sticky buns http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/10.gif
Geez if I'd had a boss like yours I never would've quit my job -- lol! And I would've eaten ALL the sticky buns}( :9

I'm in the midst of trying to water the lawn and my new shrubs. It's supposed to be a real scorcher today so I need to get it done. And I have to pay my estimated tax today. Oh God, don't let me forget it. I forgot to pay my property taxes this year already:eek: . Menopause is so hard on your brain -- LMAO!!

I'll BBL for personals:*

MMMMM - homemade sticky buns. I am a sucker for sticky buns...and funnel cakes.

My bp was fine this morning. It is so random that it is high sometimes and low other times. But I could feel my heart racing at certain times during the day at work yesterday, so I brought my blood pressure machine thing to work today to try it out at different times. I know this sounds weird, but I hate going to the doctors office complaining of high blood pressure and then I don't have high blood pressure when I get there! I don't want this new doctor to think I am nutso.

Hi diane!

Your doctor isn't going to think you're nutso -- just informed. it's a good idea to monitor your BP at work. If possible, check it 2 or 3 times during the course of the work day. Make sure you record them and take that with you, kay?

I'm so annoyed right now. I usually pay my estimated city tax over the phone with a credit card, and suddenly they've decided to tack on an extra fee for that -- a "convenience" fee they won't levy if I actually GO to the office and pay it in person. What is the purpose of THAT!? x( I don't understand what difference it makes if I pay over the phone or in person. It just makes me want to use bad words!

Hiya!

I've had quite a day. After going out to pay my taxes in personx( , I took my self out to lunch at the hot dog stand:eek: }(. I got a f-o-o-t-l-o-n-g with everything, chips, and a rooty beer (just a small one;) ), and THEN I went to the grocery store and snagged THREE cookies from the bakery:eek: :eek: :eek: :9 . Okay, it was bad but it was so good. Sometimes you just have to, HAVE TO treat yourself.

My store was selling fresh catnip plants so I bought one. You shoulda seen my Johnny! He did a face plant right into it. It was soooooo cute:+

Hello Haters.

Those homemade sticky buns so real good!! I remember those from high school and they were great!!

Today, it's too warm here. My cats are doing well with out the air on and my new Lillies of the Valley are doing well in their new home too. Although, tonight, water later about 7pmish.

Have a Great Night.

Jennifer

Hey haters!!!

Okay, I REALLY wish I could do that workout more often that I did tonight, I forgot how much I LOVE High Step Training Advanced!!! I can't do it often b/c too much high step really builds my quad muscles in a hurry and I don't like that look b/c my legs are short anyway. Compared to the last time I did it though tonight was MUCH easier, I think doing Drill Max once a week has really conditioned my body for hard circuit workouts. I am just sad that I can't do it more often. Tomorrow night is my rest night, then Powerstrike Thursday, not sure about Friday, maybe Criss Cross Cardio.

Dana- Hey, my appetite...well lets just say I love my protein bars!! I just can't make myself eat anything else. I am eating a south beach wrap for lunch during the week and then b-fast & dinner is the bars & on weekends it is a protein bar for all meals. I know, not good but I am getting fruits in my diet and a few salads. I just am not hungry for food. We even had a food day today in our department...lots of people & the food was right across from my desk & I didn't eat one single thing which isn't like me to not at least have something small. How is the job? Anything new with you? Any good stories for us??

Michele- Yeah, those fees don't make sense do they? I always renew my license plate sticker on line & I think they charge a $3 fee just for that, crazy but it is on the complete opposite side of town so it's worth it to me. Anything new with you? How is the sister doing on not smoking?? I hope she is doing okay.

Jennifer- No air?? :eek: I would DIE without my air, I'm so spolied!

Okay haters, I am off to grab my protein bar... I'll may bbl if anyone is around!

Jen,
Actually, I do have air but I'm not going to run it all day long. A friend came by to do the final measurements for my porch overhang tonight. It's supposed to be 95 degrees here on Wednesday, no working out or walking till the heat drops.

Have a Great Night.

Jennifer

Hey there, Jen and Jennifer!

Jennifer, I would love to see a pic of your lilies of the valley. They will be gorgeous in the spring when they bloom, and so fragrant! Mine didn't bloom this year:-( . We had that wacky weather -- a warm winter then a spring freeze -- which was detrimental to my dogwood, lilies of the valley, and azaleas. Needless to say, it wasn't very pretty around here this past spring.

Wow, I have to leave my AC on -- it gets too hot if I don't, and then it takes too long to cool down. I can't work out in that heat, either. I hope your porch overhang turns out well.

Who's the doctor in your family -- your mom or dad? There's several docs on my DH's side of the family; my DH, both of his parents, and one of his brothers. On my side, my nephew is an optometrist (he just graduated in May:+ ), and one of my cousins is on OB/GYN. We have 2 nurses in the family -- me and one of my nephews.

Jen, how are you feeling? Is your issue resolved? HSTA is way out of my league. I can barely get through the beginner high step workout;( . I haven't done that one in ages. I've been doing Cathe's Basic Step once in awhile. That's really about my speed in terms of step workouts. Actually, I was perusing Collage Video for beginner step workouts and ordered Kari Anderson's "Go". I hope I like it -- it had glowing reviews.

I haven't talked to my sister in a few days and I keep forgetting to ask her about the smoking. I think if she were doing well she'd tell me without my having to ask. I could be wrong about that, and I hope I am, but she has an awful lot of stress in her life right now and it's probably not a good time for her to quit.

Well ladies, I'm going to read my Beatrix Potter book for awhile and then hit the sack. Silly, I know, but I'm loving it! It's so sweet and I could use a little sugar in my life right now.

G'night everybody:* :* :*

Hello Michele.

The Lillies have taken to their new home,although I am taking one day break in watering cause they may be getting too much right now. Our winter was different too, and no spring basically. My old hometown near Detroit had an Azalea Festival along with the community's home tours at the same time Walleye fishing. Crazy.
My home has an open MI basement into my living room, my house stays cool as long as I don't open any windows during the day.
My Dad is a retired physican. He graduated number one in his class from the University of Chicago as a D.O. He did private practice then went into sports med (making it a bonfied position) and ER.
In addition, he worked with Lee Iaccoca in rebuilding the Chrysler health plan in the late 80s. Before he got cancer, he was a medical missionary in Africa and was to build an HIV/AIDS hospital in Sudan.
I have an uncle that is a nurse, only one. My Dad thought I should've gone to UofDetroit to do my premeds and then MSU for my law degree and represent medical/professional organizations.
Congrats to your nephew, that is exciting thing to happen.

Have a Great night reading.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.