Buspar?

pace1987

Cathlete
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking if anyone who is on buspar has it help with anxiety? I am so afraid of starting this but I do have anxiety. I can't seem to turn my mind off. When you first start it did it make the anxiety worst before it got better. What kind of side affects did you have in the beginning? As you can see I am afraid of trying this. TIA:).

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking if anyone who is on buspar has it help with anxiety? I am so afraid of starting this but I do have anxiety. I can't seem to turn my mind off. When you first start it did it make the anxiety worst before it got better. What kind of side affects did you have in the beginning? As you can see I am afraid of trying this. TIA:).

Been on it 10 years, I have my life back, in part because of it. It doesn't eliminate anxiety, it does eliminate needless anxiety. I only worry about things that it's natural to worry about. I no longer cross the street in fear of being run over by a car that is no where near me. Before my current treatment plan..(intense exercise, zoloft, buspar)...this was not the case, leaving my house was a chore.

I honestly don't recall any side effects, I'm lucky, I usually am pretty tolerant of any medication I have to take. My best advice, learned from experience, is to research in the right places..places like the manufacturer's website, WebMD..pdrhealth.com.

I hope this helps, and I hope you get the help you need.

Thank you Jerry!! I've been on WebMd 3 times a day just reading over and over + the reviews. I am on Paxil Cr but I and my Dr thinks that I need something more because I worry about little things that turns into big things for me. Hope to get more reviews here. Thanks again for taking the time to post as it really means a lot:). I didn't think of going directly to the website so I am going to take a look.

Thank you Jerry!! I've been on WebMd 3 times a day just reading over and over + the reviews. I am on Paxil Cr but I and my Dr thinks that I need something more because I worry about little things that turns into big things for me. Hope to get more reviews here. Thanks again for taking the time to post as it really means a lot:). I didn't think of going directly to the website so I am going to take a look.

Barbara,

When I was first diagnosed, I couldn't get enough information, so i went on to every website, and found the biggest mistake was reading stories like....

"my buspar isn't working, and I've cut myself down to 6 beers a day, instead of my normal 12, why isn't it working"...or..

"I know it says not to take grapefruit at any time with this medication, but I love grapefruit, so I had a small one...but I had such a panic attack last night..the med is obviously not working"

I think you see my point here. WebMD is a great resource, glad you are looking in the right places!

Best of luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.