Buff Badgers Week of Sept. 3

heartymax

Cathlete
Well, no workouts for me on Saturday or Sunday. My sons football game was on Saturday morning and his team won. DS had a great game making some really good plays from forced fumble, fumble recovery to sacking the quarter back a few times just to name a few. I was so proud of him. Sunday, we went to church and then tried out a new Mexican restaurant afterwards. It was pretty good.

This morning was pushups and I moved on to Cross Fire and only had time to do the first 40 minutes cause I gotta take DS to football practice. Yeah, they are practicing on Labor Day. I did mountain climbers instead of the jack push ups since I had already done 5 sets of push ups before my workout.

I hope to check on some sales at the mall later today. My youngest son needs a few things. I realized last week that I didn't buy him many shirts for school.

Good Morning and Happy Labor Day!!

Saturday morning I did Cardio Super Sets with the bonus step. Sunday was my no workout day even though I had somewhat of a workout working out in my garden weeding.

Today I did Slide & Glide. That was the first time I did that workout. It was okay.. I had to lay done a piece of carpet so the discs worked better but my piece of carpet wasn't big enough so I had to keep changing what direction I was facing depending upon what we were doing so I could glide on the carpet. I had a hard time keeping my feet on the disc. I'm sure it's one of those things that over time you'll get better.

The rest of my day will be to continue my weeding in my garden and then proceed to my flower beds (time permitting). We have to meet with a contractor at 5:30 to pick out colors of the counter tops for the vanity in the bathroom in the basement along with the bar area.

Heartymax - Congrats to DS on a great game!! What a way to start off the school year. :) Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Brenda

Good morning and Happy Labor Day! Saturday was the elliptical for 45mn and ab work. Sunday was a 60mn hike on the trail and 75mn of pilates. Today I went for a 3.5 mile run and did some lower body pilates.

Got a lot of cleaning and organizing done this weekend. Today my DD and I need to work on her desk! She is one un-organized young girl! Drives this very organized mom crazy!:eek: With school starting tomorrow (YEA) she needs a cleaner work area.

Hearty, congrats to your DS ona job well done! That's great!

Brenda: have fun weeding! The weather has been beautiful this weekend!:)

Enjoy your day ladies! I plan to find time to sit down and read my new book too...

~ Susan

Happy Labor Day! Sorry I haven't been posting but my life has been so crazy with school stuff, college stuff and football that something had to give. Also, I had to reevaluate my fitness goals. I've finally accepted that other things are more important in my life than fitness. I will continue to workout when I can but mentally and physically right now, shorter workouts are better. I really need to focus on DIET more than anything else. I started fresh September 1 and have been doing well. Not every meal has been "clean" but I'm logging my food and counting calories.

For workouts I did Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout on Saturday, Cardio Kicks (up to the drills) on Sunday and KCM Split Sessions Full Body premix today.

Heartymax - Congrats to your DS on a great game! You'll be a crazy football mom like me in no time! LOL My DS has football practice today, too. He's doing really well. He started the first 2 games and played the entire time. The first game was tough. DS is a Sophomore and he had to block a Senior who's already been recruited by UW-Madison and ranked #5 in the country! It was a good learning experience for him. We lost. In fact, we got our butts kicked which usually doesn't happen to our team. The 2nd game went much better. DS had 2 "pancakes" (where you block a guy so hard he falls backwards onto his butt). DS is on the O line and the coach said we had good pass protection and pockets. We won the 2nd game in overtime after coming from behind 22-7 and beating them 28-25! It was a thrilling game to watch and I lost my voice from all the screaming! (I told you I was a crazy football mom. :D)

Brenda - I liked Slide and Glide the first time I did it but my ankles started bothering me. I like the plank work with the discs but not so much the cardio moves with the discs. Hope you get to relax after the weeding is done.

Susan - We've done a lot of cleaning and organizing this weekend, too. In fact, DH and DD are cleaning the carpets right now. I should help before something gets broken. ;) My kids aren't organized either but every year as they get older they get better. DS sat down with his schedule today to figure out how many binders and folders he needed and how many times he could visit his locker. New school policy - no backpacks allowed in class.

Well, I better get going. Have a great day!

I decided to go for To The Max this morning without ever previewing. Hey---with all my years of Cathe----I don't need to preview---right???? Anyway, I think I have a new favorite workout. It was so much fun. I was sweating and having a blast. I agree that it is not as tough as Cross Fire----but still tough in its own way. The core/upperbody focus was a pleasant surprise. Just absolutely awesome workout!!

My DH ran in a 5K this weekend and he has such a feeling of accomplishment right now. It was something he wanted to do so he did it. I am proud of him.

Sue----I do enjoy football and I expect to have much fun this year. I agree, playing a challenging team can help players to really grow--even though I know the loss of a game can be difficult.Thanks for the "pancake term". I used it while we watched a football game yesterday and my boys said "mom what do you know about pancake". :D

Susan
---I don't think I have been on my elliptical in a few weeks. I used it more during the summer because the boys occupied my space so I am trying to catch up on my Cathe' step.

Brenda----I liked slide and glide the first time that I did it and now for some reason I just don't reach for it anymore. I guess I have too much to choose from.

Hi Sam! What's Elliot up to these days? Our dog had so much fun while we were home during the summer. He is such a family dog and loves the company whether we are playing with him or not.

Good morning! Today was P90X-PlyoX. Great way to start the day!:eek:

Sue, as I wrote up my rotation for the month I thought a lot like you. Though I wrote in a workout for everyday, I decided I will choose my rest days by how I feel. I will not stress about it. I need to mostly focus on my clean eating. I do awesomely M-F, but my weekends stink. So this months goal is to eat clean everyday not just 5 out of 7!

Hearty, I like TTM too, but CrossFire is my fave. Great job doing it without previewing it! Congrats to DH on his 5K!:D I think my dog is looking forward to today being a bit quieter around here!

Laurie, all done with the Faire now, right? Hope you get some rest in!

Hi Sam!

Hi Brenda!

~ Susan

Just got back from a 2 mile walk and it's still dark outside! Don't like that. Couldn't sleep very well last night. First day of school and I kept thinking about everything going on.

Heartymax - Glad I could help expand your football vocabulary! LOL. I haven't tried To the Max yet but I did try Crossfire and liked it. I like how they're in sections so it's easy to shorten.

Time to make sure the kiddos are up!

Good morning, everyone! My workouts this weekend were:

Friday- Athletic Training
Saturday- Cross Fire! (More on that later :eek:)
Sunday- Off
Monday- Low Impact Circuit

This morning I did Low Max. It was the first time in forever that I did the whole thing. I started Cathe's August rotation on Monday. Like most of you, I tend to do better at getting my workouts in if I write them down ahead of time. I feel like I've re-focused a little bit. I seem to have the insomnia problem under control for now (I've been listening to hypnosis sessions at bedtime.), so I really don't have an excuse to not work out.

Cross Fire! Oh my goodness! I don't know if I would have described it as fun while I was doing it, but my endorphins were going nuts for an hour afterward.The music is awesome. Not the kind of thing I'd listen to on the radio, but perfect for a workout. I was also very surprised that my favorite parts were the tabatas! I loved not having enough time to dread the next move or get sick of what I was doing, and they were over before I knew it. I will be getting To the Max ASAP :)

Sue- There are times in life when fitness is just not that important! Short workouts are every bit as beneficial for your health, and it's probably not good for you to be stressing out about getting them in when you can't. DIET is my thing, too. I'll do great for a few days and then pig out on something stupid and undo all the progress I made :confused:

Heartymax- Sounds like fun! I've got years and years before DS is into high school sports, but I know how exciting it all is. Elliot's doing great! He's calmed down quite a bit. He loves his morning trots with DH. We'd still like to train him to be off leash when we're outside, but he's still too stubborn... tries to bolt :D

Brenda- I would not say Slide and Glide is my favorite, but doing just the cardio is a great option for the days when I didn't get my workout in in the morning and I need to work out and watch DS at the same time. It does sneak up on me, though. I think all the standing stuff is pretty easy, but then she does the burpees and plank work, and before I know it, I'm dripping. I'm jealous of your basement updates. DH and I have been talking about all of the updates we need to make in the house, and we're wondering if we should start in the basement. Ugh. We need to talk to a contractor who can look at our house and tell us honestly what he/she thinks we should do first and where our priorities should be.

Susan- We're continuing the cleaning and organizing around here, too. It's amazing how much work we still have to do. The craft room/ DS's schoolroom/ extra bedroom is the one giving me the most fits. I don't know where to start, so I end up just closing the door. :eek:

Hi Laurie!

Went to the Parade of Homes in Pewaukee with my mom yesterday. It was lots of fun, but also depressing. I wish I had a mudroom and a dedicated main floor laundry room! Oh well :rolleyes:

Have a great day, everyone!

Good Evening!!

Yesterday, I got all my weeding done in the garden. I was pooped by the end of the day. Ran out of time to get to my flower beds, but they'll be waiting for me next time I get to work outside. :)

This morning my body was not in the mood for anything intense so I did the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga. It felt really good. Just what I needed.

Susan - I miss our elliptical. With us finishing up the basement, I can't even get to it. Great job on the workouts though the last couple of days. Still need to sign up on Pilatesonfifth.com.

Sue - Great to hear from you again. I agree with what Sam said. There are times in life where we need to change our priorities. A shorter workout is better than nothing. I'm there with you on the eating part. My sweet tooth kills me everytime.

Heartymax - WTG on TTM without previewing. I'm chicken that way. I still like to preview the workouts before I actually do them. I've only done TTM once but I did really like it. Congrat to DH on his 5K. :D

Sam - You had some good workouts over the weekend. You go girl!! I think you'll like TTM. Last night we managed to get everything picked out for the bathroom and bar countertops. It's fun picking things out until you get the estimate... than you get a shock from the price. They did give us a 10% discount since we're a repeat customer from when we built our house 9 years ago. I'm having a hard time handling all the dust in my workout area and all the dust that gets dragged upstairs. What are you going to do, it's all a part of construction/remodeling. Parade of homes... that sounds like fun.

Hi Laurie!

Hope everyone has a good nights sleep. :)

Take Care!
Brenda

Susan---I know what you mean about the clean eating. It is so hard to stop eating bad carbs once you start back. I wish I would just totally eliminate the crap. I am fine when I am not eating it. Then, when I try to go back to moderation I find myself going weeks with way to much bad stuff. For example, yesterday I hate several pieces of dark kisses, potato chips , crackers and cheese. I just kept nibbling. Gotta stop it NOW:eek:

Brenda---glad the Yoga helped you to relax. I guess it's the perfect workout when you are totally wiped out:D

Sue---Fitness is important to you because you still workout. You are just cutting back on your days and I understand that for sure. I totally agree with you that DIET is so important. We can workout all day but if we don't eat cleaner---our thighs will still remind of us that.

Sam---You are so right----the music in crossfire is totally cool. I forgot all about that. And you know I love me some good music when I work out.

Today's workout was STS Legs disc 9. Love those sliding back lunges with the disc. I have to hold the weights in my hand and not release them and pick them up. Just can' t manage to keep good form that way. I know thighs will remind me tomorrow.:D

Morning Ladies,

Whew! I'm so glad that Labor Day weekend is over with. We had rain, wind, heat and blinding sun. I was wondering if we would experience snow this weekend to, just to run every type of weather by us. :( It was an exhausting weekend, but we all got through it. We will see how DH deals with not having the responsiblity anymore. ;)

Saturday morning I was up and did 30 Day Shred levels 1, 2 & 3. :D Nothing Sunday thru Tuesday. I just couldn't get motivated at all. I did manage to get some shopping done with the youngest, so that she had something "different" to wear for school. This morning was 6W6P Level 1, Skogg Flow Level 2 and Roots Level 2.

heartymax, Congrats to your ds on such a great performance in his football game. ;) Congrats to your DH also, on the 5K he should be very proud of himself. A friend of mine is going to do one in Chicago that will be giving the participants chocolate at the end. :)

Brenda, Glad you enjoyed the yoga, it really does a body good. ;) Sounds like you are doing a lot of work on the house, that always is a big job. ;)

Susan, My weekend coming up will be focused on cleaning the house, some things have gotten left on the backburner since faire started. :rolleyes: WTG on getting your rotation figured out. I always have to have something that I am scheduled to do, otherwise I just stand there wondering what I am in the mood to try.

Sue, Back to school for both your kids, bet that college one was difficult. What school did your dd end up going to? Sounds like a solid plan for your fitness future, since the most important part of getting to your goal is the eating part, it really is a good thing to focus on. ;)

Sam, Wonderful job on getting those endorphines moving in the body! :D Sounds like the August rotation is fun for you. I'm on a Jillian/kettlebell rotation for the month of Sept. Then I'm thinking of moving onto Bob Harper. That one sounds tough, but I think I can do it. :eek: Probably better now than during the summer. :D

Have a great day!

Good day! Today was a 3.5 mile run and pilates for abs.

Sue, I thought of you as I was out there this morning, and it was still so dark! Fall is coming.. my favorite time of year!:D

Hearty, I agree with you on the bad carbs thing, once you start it's hard to go back. Discipline can be a very tough thing!

Laurie, I am sure your body loved teh lil break you gave it over the past few days!:) What is Bob's rotation? With is new workouts? I see Jillian is coming back to BL this season!:)

Sam, so glad you liked CrossFire! I also love the shorter premixies she has.

Brenda, my DH has been getting on the elliptical 4 days a week for the past couple months and his tummy is disappearing!:) Glad he finally listened to me! Now to get him to try pilates....

Have a great day~ Susan

Laurie - DD is a senior this year so she has a little time left to decide. She'll be applying to 4 schools I think. Did I tell you we visited Marquette? $43,000 a year! They claim they offer lots of scholarship but a neighbor's son wanted to go there and they didn't offer him anything. He got tons of money from Valpraiso (sp?) though. We'll still apply since it doesn't cost anything (unlike other schools). I'd like her to go to Madison or Milwaukee so she's close by.

Hi Susan, Brenda, Heartymax and Sam!

Walked a mile after dinner last night. Kids first day of school went well. DD came home and immediately attacked her homework! She knows she doesn't have a lot of free time this year with her schedule. 3 nights a week she'll be at school until 8 or 9 p.m. I'm actually bringing her dinner tonight so she doesn't have to waste a half hour driving back and forth and grabbing a bite. I told her sometimes she'll have to pack a sandwich. DS didn't get home until 7 p.m. so that'll be his norm. Really messes up my schedule though. I don't like waiting until 7 to eat (starving by then!) and even if I eat early I have to hang around until he gets fed.
Lunch is over so I have to go! TTFN

Good Evening Ladies!

This morning I attacked CrossFire. I love getting my butt whooped early in the morning. The sweat was rolling off me. Loved it!!

I've only worked two days so far and it already seems like a long week. I'm really tired. Need to try and get to bed a little earlier. Not sure if it'll happen but I can try. :)

I'm there will all of you on the clean eating. My DH has this thing about going out to eat more than I care to. I do pretty good on making healthy choices but when they put fresh bread sticks out in front of you, it makes it a little hard to say no. I feel that as I'm getting older I have to be more careful with what I put in my mouth. The weight seems to come on way too easy.

Off to get a few things done before I call it a night.

Sleep tight!
Brenda

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Extreme Shed & Shred Level 1 and Shred-It with Weights Level 2. I didn't use a kettlebell with the Shred-It workout, because I only have a 15# and that would be way to heavy for the moves that Jillian does. I really enjoyed the ESS workout, she incorporated everything in that one.

Susan, I found a rotation that Bob put out that includes all his workouts. I also saw that Jillian was heading back to BL, appears that she is going to be working with teenagers. I hope she isn't her usual mean self with those kids. ;) Here is the rotation:

Day 1: Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation Workout 1
Day 2: Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation Workout 2 and Ultimate Cardio Body Workout 2
Day 3: Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation Workout 1 and 2
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Total Body Transformation Workout 1 (this one is HARD!!!!)
Day 6: Total Body Transformation Workout 1 and 2
Day 7: Rest

Day 8: Body Rev Cardio Conditioning Workout 1 (Inside Out Method)
Day 9: Body Rev Cardio Conditioning Workout 1 and 2
Day 10: Yoga for the Warrior Workout 1
Day 11: Rest
Day 12: Ultimate Cardio Body Workout 1
Day 13: Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation Workout 2, Ultimate Cardio Body Workout 2, and Totally Ripped Core Workout 2
Day 14: Rest

Day 15: Pure Burn Super Strength Workout 1
Day 16: Pure Burn Super Strength Workout 2 and Yoga for the Warrior Workout 2
Day 17: Kettlebell Cardio Shred Workout 1 (No kettlebell? Use a dumbbell)
Day 18: Rest
Day 19: Totally Ripped Core Workout 1
Day 20: Total Body Transformation Workout 2, Totally Ripped Core Workout 2, and Yoga for the Warrior Workout 2
Day 21: Rest

Day 22: Kettlebell Sculpted Body Workout 1
Day 23: Bob's Workout Workout 1 and 2
Day 24: Yoga for the Warrior Workout 1 and 2
Day 25: Rest
Day 26: Ultimate Cardio Body Workout 1 and 2
Day 27: Total Body Transformation Workout 2, Totally Ripped Core Workout 2, and Body Rev Cardio Conditioning Workout 2
Day 28: Rest

Day: 29: Ultimate Cardio Body Workout 1 and Bob's Workout, Workout 2
Day 30: Totally Ripped Core Workout 1 and 2.

Sue, Marquette is very expensive, no way could we send our dd's to that school. ;) Hope your dd's Senior year is a good one. ;)

Brenda, Yesterday I had forgotten that we where going to TGI Friday's for lunch. It was a celebration thing for me and a vendor of ours saving the company 80K. Of course TGIF really doesn't have a lot of things that are healthy besides one salad. :eek: I had soup and salad, so it was pretty good.

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

This morning I needed something that I was gonna get a good sweat from so I did 4DS Bootcamp cardio only and then put in DM and did the cardio blasts and stretch from that. Yep, that worked... the sweat was dripping off me. :)

Laurie - Soup and salad is usually a safe route to go when there isn't too much healthy stuff on the menu. That's quite the rotation. I hadn't heard that Jillian was coming back to BL. Maybe she'll be nicer now that she's a mom. Not sure if you had heard she adopted.

Hi Sue!
Hi Sam!
Hi Heartymax!
Hi Susan!

I need to get away from my desk so I'm going to sit outside in the sun and eat my lunch. :D

Everyone have a great afternoon!
Brenda

Hello ladies.

No workout yesterday. It was supposed to PUB, and today was supposed to be Slide and Glide. I wasn't in the mood :confused:, so I did PUB down and CTX Kickbox.

To The Max fell through my mail slot just moments ago :D I'm previewing it now.

Laurie- That looks like an awesome rotation! I heard Bob's workouts are tough, but I've never tried any of them. I'm interested in his yoga one (is there more than one?) just because I'm always looking for yoga that doesn't bore me to death.

Brenda- For me it's more about portion control than eating clean. I'm a "volume eater", and I always want more as soon as I should be done. But I feel better when I eat clean, for sure.

Susan- Fall is my favorite time of year, too. I'm looking forward to the weather cooling down.

Sue- I've got a soft spot for Marquette because my dad is an alum, and he took us to a lot of the basketball games when we were kids. I'm sure it wasn't nearly as expensive when he attended :p I've heard great things about Valpo. Have you looked into Carroll or Wisconsin Lutheran College? (You don't have to be Lutheran to go :)) I know a lot of people who went there, and while it's not cheap, it regularly makes lists of colleges that give you the "most for the money".

Hi Heartymax!

Have a great day, everyone. To The Max is lookin' tough and fun so far!

No workout this morning. Decided to sleep in since DS has game today and then I have to go to youngest Back to School night. Won't get home til late and didn't want to be totally worn out.

Sam- you will love TTM.

Hello! Both DH and I overslept this morning! I have been helpign DS with homework tonight so I guess it's my rest day for the week!:confused:

Laurie, thank you for posting that! Hope you get great results from it. Funy when I told DD that Jillian was going to be with the teens she said "Boy, I sure feel sorry for them!". :p

Sam, ya gotta go with what you feel like some days. My best bud graduated from Marquette. My dad graduated from Notre Dame and my family is huge Irish fans. I would love for one of the kids to get a scholarship there, cause lord knows we can't afford to send them!

Hearty, yes, Sam will love TTM! ;) Hope you enjoyed the rest day!

My boss is retiring tomorrow :)(). She's a great lady and we are all having a potluck, cookout for her. The owners of the company are grilling chicken breasts, burgers nad brats. I may have to add a 2nd workout to my day tomorrow!:eek:

Sleep well~ Susan

Happy Friday! Yesterday was a long day. It was 8:00 when I got home. Football game and then back to school night for my youngest son. We won the football game 26-6.

Sue---DS played well but you can tell he wanted a really big play cause he got a few big ones in the first game. Well, he recovered a fumble off the other teams 2 point conversion attempt and had the nerve to celebrate. The coach was so angry at him for that penalty. I told him it doesn' t matter that they were up by 20 points already----you just can't do that. It sets a bad example. He claims that he only did it because of a conversation he had with the rep about what kinds of things he could do. I don't buy that. He say the coach talked to him about it later and said everythings ok. I don't buy that either as they were sreaming "I CAN"T BELEIVE THIS" 5 minutes after it had happened on the field. DH was upset with him as well. We told him he had a good game but you can't end it doing something crazy. We wanted him to understand that he will risk his starting position doing that.

This morning was Upper Body Split from CrossTrain Express.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.