Buff Badgers Week of October 8th

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Upper Body, and Recovery Upper Body. Yesterday was a rest day, and Saturday was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Upper Body, and Recovery Lower Body.

Youngest had a great time at the homecoming dance. She was the only one in her group that had a date. All the girls looked really pretty also.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! Saturday was a 5 mile run and some pilates. Boy, was it cold & windy out there!:eek: Not my best time, but I was really working on endurance more than speed. I guess I better get used to cold weather...Sunday was a long walk and some ab work.

Laurie, my DD also had fun at Homecoming.:) She went with 4 other girls. She was reluctant to go, but in the end was happy she did.

Hope you all have a good Monday~ Susan

Good morning! Saturday was the upper body from High Reps, Sunday was a premix from Yoga Relax.

Today is my 33rd birthday :) I decided to "treat" myself to CrossFire. I did better than the last time, and I'm feeling great.

Susan- So is it harder to run in cold or heat for you? My brother prefers cold, but I know some people thrive on heat.

Laurie- I'm happy your DD had a good time at homecoming. I've had fun seeing former students' homecoming pictures on Facebook.

My family is getting together on Friday to officially celebrate my birthday, but my mom's taking me out to lunch today and I told DH I didn't want to cook tonight. We'll probably have frozen pizza and just hang out.

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Saturday was CrossFire, Sunday was a rest day, and this morning I did Afterburn Double Trouble and added on 100 jacks and 50 high jogs. The rest of the weekend was cleaning my parents house, my house, and cleaned up my garden to get ready to rototill.

Laurie - Glad that your youngest had a good time at homecoming. I always like seeing the pictures that people take from homecoming.

Susan - I give you a lot of credit for going running in the colder weather. I don't know that I'd be able to do that.

Sam - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! CrossFire... what a treat indeed. :) You've been doing really good on the workouts. Does it seem like the challenge you are in has helped keeping up with the workouts?

I have to get back to work.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

I realized after I was at work today, that I failed to say what my workout was today!:p I forgot my fitness "bible" at work over the weekend. I take this everywhere I go, write down what I eat and my workouts are all written in it. Well, I could not remember what I had written down for today so I just got on the elliptical and then did ab ripper. I am now going to go do some lower body pilates.

Sam, Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy relaxing and am glad you had fun with CrossFire!:)

Brenda & Sam, I do enjoy running in cooler weather. Actually Fall is my favorite time, but I was just not prepared for that cool of weather, that early! :eek:

Looks like it may be raining here in the morning so instead of running I might have to do the workout I was supposed to do today: KenpoX.

Take care~ Susan

Susan and Laurie----homecoming season is such a fun time. Glad your girls had fun.

Sam--crossfire---there's no better way to treat yourself than checking out your stamina on year 33...LOL!! Happy Bday Sam:).

I squeezed in 4 days of workouts last week. My mother n law and 4 sister n laws are in town since Friday. Staying at one of sister n laws sons house now but visited with us yesterday. We have been driving up to visit them there too. They may stay with us tonight.

Yesterday was not a day off for us and I also had class so I didn't get to spend much time with them at all.

My presentation for teens on Saturday went well. It was fun and the girls asked great questions and were really engaged. I had a small group but it was nice.

No workout yesterday since we didn't get back home til very late Sunday. I had class but was planning to workout--/oh well DH and I both overslept so still at zero workouts.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing, and Recovery Upper Body.

Susan, You are very dedicated, and I would be lost without my rotation also. I print it out and have it downstairs, that way I look at it everytime I am downstairs working out. I also have the spreadsheet at work. :D We are crazy! Glad to hear that your dd had a good time at the dance, even though she was reluctant to go.

Sam, Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like a solid plan for the day, and you get to look forward to Friday. ;)

Brenda, Always a busy lady on the weekends. ;) Great workout combo yesterday.

heartymax, Congrats on the presentation! Sometimes that sleep is the best thing for the body. You will get back into it fast. ;) Enjoy the time with your family.

Have a wonderful day!

Good Afternoon!

This morning I tried Winsor Pilates Accelerated Body Sculpting. It was okay. Discovered my core isn't as strong as I hoped it was. I was not real fond of this workout. I felt like I didn't workout. I'll have to find another pilates workout to try. I don't want to give up on it that quick. It's okay though that the workout wasn't real strenuous because starting last night, I just felt blah. Stomach felt queezey, headache (but that's pretty much the norm for me), and am having a hard time keeping my eyes open. Not sure if I have a little bug that I'm fighting or what. I hope it doesn't get worse. No time for down time. :)

Susan - Is your fitness bible a book specifically for writing down your workouts and food you eat or do you log it in a notebook?

Heartymax - You've been one busy lady. ;) Hopefully it'll calm down soon.

Laurie - I'd give anything for a non-busy weekend. Granted it doesn't help any that I always feel like I need to be doing something. I don't do a very good job at relaxing unless I'm going to bed and going for a massage. I think I need to work on that. :)

Hi Sam & Sue!!

Make it a great day!
Brenda

Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Yoga/Stretch.

Brenda, Hope you are not getting sick, it really isn't fun. I'm sure that you will find a pilates workout that will be good for you. I went to youtube this weekend and started looking for some kickboxing workouts. Even found the 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Kickboxing workout on there. There where some live classes with Janis Saffell that looked interesting. I noticed a lot of pilates on there also, you might want to try some of those out.

Have a wonderful day!

Hi there! I have not had a good couple days here! 2 days in a row I have overslept! My brain & body just don't want to move! The only thing I have done differently is I have been drinking some "sleepytime" tea before I go to bed. I love the rest I am getting but do not like to be running late in the morning!:( After work I have been too busy to do tough workouts so I have been slipping in pilates and calisthenics... I am going to try NOT drinking the tea tonight and see what happens in the morning.

Brenda, it's actually a calender/notebook/journal thing I picked up at Wal-Mart for $10. Each day has a lot of room to write down what I eat, my workouts, and I even write motivational quotes to keep me focused!;)

Laurie, I usually have it written on the calendar in the basement but the kids were rough-housing and ended up tearing the month of October so I couldn't write it there!:eek:

I better get a move on~ all of you stay strong and take care,Susan

Good morning! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. It was the first day of TTOM and I didn't manage to do anything but a segment of Stretch Max very late in the day. Hey, I'm counting it as a workout :p

I'm still not feeling very good today. The only way I can describe how I feel every month is "clunky". I'll try to clunk through some easy step later today. If I don't even have energy for that I'll do one of my new fusion workouts.

Brenda- I hope you aren't coming down with something :confused: I hope you can find a Pilates workout you click with. It's certainly not as strenuous as Cathe... maybe you could use Pilates as an add-on. I know you love that cardio high ;)

Susan- Oh wow. I have tons of that tea in the house. I wish it made me sleep that well :) I do like a cup of it in the evenings. It really does relax me.

Laurie- Friday will be fun. Our family loves birthdays. My mom's cooking me a nice dinner and baking me a cake. I'm not too old to be spoiled just a little :)

Heartymax- CrossFire was a great way to celebrate! I'm in the best shape of my life (which isn't say too much... haha), and I'm really thankful. It seems quite a few of my friends have "found" fitness lately. Maybe your 30's is just the time for that, who knows?

Have a great day, everyone!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I started feeling a little better yesterday afternoon. I think something wasn't sitting right with me. Tummy is much better today.

This morning I was brave and tried doing a full step workout. Wasn't sure how it was going to go as I still have moments with my left leg. I put in Imax 2 and I DID IT!! Holy man did it kick my butt though. My heart rate was screaming. I was happy that I got through the entire workout and didn't collapse due to my leg. I was still careful with what I was doing.

Laurie - I'll have to check that out. I really would like to find a pilates workout for my legs and stay away from the weights for a while on the lower half and see what happens.

Susan - I love drinking Chamomile tea but if I want to drink it, I have to drink it early enough because otherwise I do have a hard time getting up in the morning.

Sam - I hope you start feeling better. I'd count Stretch Max as a workout to. ;) You still did something.

Last week I started this FoodLovers program with DH. The long and short of it is to eat every 2-3 hours and eat the right combination of food. I normally eat pretty healthy but I unfortunately do have a sweet tooth. The changes I ended making were eating more protein and cutting back even further than what I already did on my any sweets. I'm happy to say that I have dropped 4 lbs. I know it's only 4 lbs but those 4 lbs made a difference to me. Best of all though is my DH dropped 10 lbs already. Still trying to get him to expand his horizon's on eating more veggies.

Back to work I must go. :(

Hi Heartymax!
Hi Sue!

Make it a great day!!
Brenda

Good Morning! Well, I did not drink the tea and I woke up on time and went for a 4 mile run! I also did some pushups and situps when I got home.:) My run felt really good, probably due to the extra rest (and my new insoles);)

Brenda, I love Imax2. It's up there with one of my faves. it is a butt kicker though!

Sam, hope you're doing better today. My DD suffers badly at that time and usually will stay home from school 1 day a month, just to rest. It tends to really wipe her out.

Have a great day~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

An easy day for me today, and that probably is a good thing. ;) This morning was 10lb Slimdown Reocovery Upper Body.

Susan, That is interesting that the tea made such a difference in your morning. I would have never thought of that. Wonder what the heck they put in that tea? :D I have taken Sleepytime before bed when I have been sick. My oldest dd was that way also with the once a month, she still has problems, but in college she can't afford to miss days.

Sam, I was suffering like that last month, it was horrible, so totally am with you on the only doing stretching. That is about all that we have the energy for, or if you are dealing with pain, the will. ;) Sounds like a wonderful Friday is in store for you. I like cake, but not frosting. :)

Brenda, Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Congrats to both you and your DH on the weight loss. 4lbs is awsome. My DH has that problem with veggies. He will not take anything with his lunch for veggies, and when he takes fruit he will take about 4 strawberries. :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! I'm feeling much better this morning. I ended up doing Ellen Barrett's Yogini workout yesterday afternoon. I really liked it. These fusion workouts are challenging for me in a different way than Cathe. I'll break a sweat, but the challenge seems to be more in my head, if you know what I mean -- they require more focus :) Anyway, I always feel fantastic afterward, which I definitely needed yesterday. Boy, was I crabby!

Susan- I was like that in college. I had to have a "sick day". It's not nearly as bad since having DS, but I still feel yucky.

Laurie- I'm not a huge fan of frosting either. I like a little, but I think most recipes call for way too much. DS usually takes care of my excess frosting for me :D

Brenda- Yay for Imax 2! Oh how I love it (except for blast number nine!). That used to be my little personal fit test that I'd do once a month to see how I was progressing.

Hi Heartymax!

No workout today, yet. I was thinking of doing a Hiit segment and PUB, or some tabata and PUB... hmmm.

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon!!

This morning I decided to do TTM. I have that love/hate relationship with power turns. Then to do them with 3 risers. :eek: I think tomorrow I need to do somethine less intense. ;)

Susan - Looks like it was the tea. Glad that you were able to get your workout in this morning.

Laurie - That's funny that your DH will only take about 4 strawberries. MY DH is a little better when it comes to fruit. Seriously lacks on the veggie side.

Sam - Glad you are feeling better today. When I was younger I used to have a lot of issues every month. My cramps were so bad that I'd pass out. Doc put on BC pills and that helped. Not fun. :( Have a great workout!

Hi Heartymax!
Hi Sue - I hope you are still hanging in there.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Good Friday Morning! Today was 1 hour of Pilates. My back really needed that, but my buns are burning too!:)

No big plans for the weekend. Both kids need winter coats so that's my main objective....

I'll check back later! Have a great day! Susan:D

Morning Ladies,

TGIF!!! This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Total Body, and Recovery Core.

Sam, Totally understand those crabby moments, had those last month myself. ;) Enjoy your birthday celebration today! Good to hear that the fusion workouts are doing what you need in workouts right now. Our bodies are interesting in what it needs. Totally agree on the frosting, I like the whip cream frosting myself. :eek:

Brenda, Funny how some of those moves are ones we dread. Mine have always been jennie hops. :eek: Three risers! :eek: I'm just glad that my dd's love their veggies and fruit. ;)

Susan, Have fun shopping for winter gear. ;) Glad to hear that the pilates workout was so good.

Have a wonderful day!

Happy Friday! Yesterday I did Hiit 30/30 and the upper body from The Firm Body Sculpt. It's been a long time since I did that. No matter how strong I get or how long I've been doing Cathe, that little 15 minute workout slays me.

Anyway, my upper body is pretty fried from that and all the time I spent in plank/downward dog the other day, so I think I'll just stick with step today.

Brenda- Oh my goodness! I never passed out! How awful. I was on BC for awhile for the same reason. It did help a lot. I stayed on them until a few years ago, and then DS came and a lot of the bad symptoms went away after that. I shouldn't complain, the worst I get now is crabby and uncomfortable. Nothing like the way it used to be.

Susan- I should go back and look at some of your posts to see which Pilates workouts you're using. What are some of your go-to workouts?

DH is taking me to IKEA yet again tomorrow. I'm SO excited :D It's like Disneyland for me :p

Have a great weekend!

Happy Friday!!

This morning I did MMA Boxing. Haven't done that one in forever. I love the punching combo's in there.

Susan - I too would love to know what some of your go to workouts are. :)

Laurie - Too funny.... I not a fan of jeannie hops either. In Imax 2 I'll usually do power 15's instead.

Sam - Have fun celebrating your birthday and shopping at IKEA:D

Tomorrow I'm meeting some friends that I don't get to see to often for lunch at Subway. That'll be nice. Helping DH out in the basement in the morning and probably when I get back from my luncheon.

Enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend!!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.