Buff Badgers Week of Oct. 27

heartymax

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies.

The weekend was busy with baseball. DS12 baseball team is having Fall training and participating in some scrimmages and tournaments just for practice. They will bring it indoors for the winter and hopefully we will have a better spring season. There are 4 new players are on the team and the boys are bonding just well. We had to be on the field an hour away by 7:30 yesterday morning. It was quite cold that early in the morning to be sitting on the field---but the things we do for our children. Our guys lost 7-5 but it was a good game. We had one really bad inning when the guys made several errors on one play resulting in a disaster and it was hard to come back from that. We were so proud of them as they worked really hard against this All Star team who is definitely way tougher than we are.

DS12 also auditions for all county band this evening. He has been practicing really hard so I feel that he is prepared. I am just a little nervous about the sight reading, but I think he should do fine overall.

This morning I did Intervals 1 -5 of Imax 2 followed by Pi-Yo Strong Legs.

Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout on Friday, just wasn't feeling all that well after work. On Saturday I did Meso 3 Disc 27 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps, X10 Fat Burning and Kelly's 30MTF Train Like a Contender Boxing. Sunday was 30MTF Circuit Burn Workout 1 and her Kickbox Kicking and Punching Premix.

heartymax, I had to laugh a little about what we do for our children. Track season in the spring can be brutal just sitting there getting wet and cold. ;) This year is the last year for track, and I can say that I will not miss the cold. I will miss watching my dd's run, but not the weather that we have to sit through. Good luck to your DS with the band. Sounds like a great workout you had his morning.

Have a wonderful day!

Friday I didn't workout. We had went out Thursday night for dinner and got home later than expected and I was really tired when I normally get up and I could have pushed through my workout but I knew work was going to be really rough if I didn't some extra sleep so I opted for the xtra sleep. Saturday I did X10 Cardio Blast and then the last workout of back and bi's in Meso 2. Then when I got back from my grocery shopping I did started the laundry and continue cleaning up my flower bed (getting rid of all the dead stuff). Then we had an 1-1/2 hr couples massage in the afternoon for our anniversary and it was absolutely wonderful!! Saturday night we had a wedding to go to. We stayed overnight in the town that it was in so we didn't have to worry about driving home so late at night. We had a blast. Sunday when we got home, got my lunch ready for today, continued my laundry and fall yard work. Then at 3:30 we went down to No No's to listen to a friend of ours that was playing down their. That was nice.

This morning I did Burns Sets Chest, Back, and shoulders & core. I went heavier that normal on a few exercises. Had really good strength this morning. We'll see if I have DOMS tomorrow.

Hearty - It's a bummer that they lost their game but at least they did their best and that's what counts. Good luck to DS tonight. Great job on the workouts.

Laurie - Great job too on the workouts!!! That was the first time in I can't even remember when, that I didn't workout because I was tired. It was the right thing too do.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Hi ladies, Saturday was my 5k. Had a great time, finished in 31 mins.Hope to do better next time. Sunday was 4 hours of yard work. Today my arms and shoulders are so very sore. I took the day as rest, except for a nice, brisk walk with the dog.

Brenda, sounds like a wonderful weekend, especially that massage! :)

Laurie, you sure pack a lot of variety in your workouts! Great going~

Hi hearty! Looks like those boys keep you going. Hope you DS did well this evening.

Take care~ Susan

Good Morning!

This morning I did my own kickboxing class. Had fun with it. Got a good sweat going.

Susan - Yard work is a workout itself. I'm sure you'll do better on your next race. That's still a good time to me. I'm terrible at running.

Enjoy your day!
Brenda

Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was Kelly's 30MTF Body Training workouts 1&2. I love the combo of both these. The first one is lower body, and the 2nd was upper.

Brenda, Sounds like a very busy weekend that you had, we had put our flower beds to rest a couple of weekends ago. They always have brush pick up at the beginning of the month, so need to get all that stuff out before they arrive. Do you use the suggested weight that is on the workout manager for those Burn Set workouts? Some of the weights where pretty heavy when I did that in my last rotation.

Susan, Great job on your race! I'm sure that the next race will be even better. If I don't put the variety in, then I get so dang bored. :)

Have a wonderful day!

Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was my rest day, so no workout for me.

Susan, How are you doing on your Clean Eating Challenge? I'm going to be committed to mine, so two days down, and a third on on the way.

Have a wonderful day!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Today was Lean legs & abs and added the bonus barre.

Laurie - majority of the time I go with the suggested weights. Monday I actually use 35's for the flat bench chest press on all three sets. I was proud of my self and was definitely feeling it Tues. On the dumbbell rows I used 25's instead of the 20's and lat flys I used 12's all three sets instead of 10's. Honestly, I chalk it up to having a good strength day and I think coming off of STS meso 2 probably helped too. Some of my perennials were still green yet so I left them and I live out in the country and have to dispose of my own stuff so I let them be. Bet it felt good though to have the flower beds all cleaned up.

Hi Susan!
Hi Hearty!

Susan--Congrats on finishing the 5K. I ran my first one a year ago with a similar time.

Brenda--35 chest presses----WOW!! I don't own 35s stop at 30s.

DS made the all county band. He found out today and is very excited.

I went to bed early and woke up at 12 and couldnt go back to sleep til 1:30. I guess you know that means i did overslept and didn't get up to workout.

Last week one of my coworkers told me that i had nice arms. That's a compliment a woman never gets tired of hearing.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, didn't get home until late. I did Cathe Intensity and today was Piyo Sweat.

Laurie, yes, I love this challenge! I never thought I would lose weight by eating more often. I eat every 2-3 hours and I am down almost 4 pounds!

Brenda,you are pushing some good weight! :)

Hearty, congratulations to your son! Awesome! And I agree about the compliment. It's nice when our hard work is noticed.

Stay strong!!

Laurie---Do you have to remember to eat on this plan? I know eating small meals works for many people, but how do you manage that every 2 to 3 hours? Glad it is working for you. Change has a tendency to help the boy break through plateau.

This morning was Xtrain Burnsets for biceps and triceps. I am getting excited about the new RIPPED-Hiit Series. Can't wait.

Hi there, checking in early today! ;) I did some Pilates this morning and will be getting on the elliptical while I watch Biggest Loser tonight and follow that with some core work

Hearty, at first I did have to be a clock watcher to make sure I was eating something every 2 1/2 hours or so, now my stomach pretty much tells me it's time to eat. I have a carb ( fruit or veggie) with a protein source each time. Little to no sugar, and no processed foods. In the beginning I was craving sugar but I didn't give in, now I don't even think about it! Family keeps asking me to open the Halloween candy up, but I will not cause I don't know how strong I will be if I do! :) I recommend reading Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet. It's very informative and I wish she hadn't called it a diet, cause it's just a lifestyle!

Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I did STS Meso 1 Disc 4 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps and Ruthless #2 Lunatic Intervals. This was a great combo.

Brenda, Great job on the weight for your chest presses, I'm not up to that weight yet. I was surprised with this undulating rotation, at how I have increased the strength in my chest. I have been able to lift heavy for my back and legs. Other muscles are slowly coming along.

heartymax, Congrats to your DS! Good job on the XTrain workout. I'm also getting excited about the new series, I really like the time frame of the workouts. She said on FB that there was suppose to be an announcement today about something.

Susan, WTG on the weight loss. You will not believe this, but I have been following Tosca also. I pulled out the eating plan from Supreme 90, and am following that somewhat. I will have to pull out my Tosca book too, just to give me some different ideas. I'm going to try the Leek and Potato soup that she has in the S90D book.

Have a great day!

Good afternoon!!

This morning I decided to go with Tabatacise. I wanted something tough. Then I didn't know if I should consider myself tough or stupid for doing Tabatacise a week before my hip surgery. The way I looked at it, it's going to be a long time before I can do this type of workout so get it in while I can as long as the pain was tolerable.

Hearty - Congrats to DS! That's awesome. I agree compliments like that are always welcome. I'm excited for the new series as well.

Susan - congrats on the weight loss. One of these days I'll have to revisit Tosca's Eat Clean book. I agree that I wish she wouldn't have called it a diet, it is a lifestyle. My sweet tooth has gotten better but I still like to have something sweet every now and then.

Laurie - How do you like Ruthless? Let me know how the leek & potato soup is.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Ok you ladies make me want to read the Eat Clean book.

Susan--one thing i know for sure is i look my best when i control my sweet tooth and cut down on all junk.

Brenda--i thought about Tabatacise the other day but wasn't in the mood for a kick butt workout.

Today was 30 minutes of elliptical cardio. My bi's and Tri's are sore today. ..I wonder why...LOL.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Happy Halloween! :) Today was Cardio Challenge from Supreme 90. Like that workout a lot.

Now the clean eating challenge will truly be tonight when I get home to all that candy!! I love Baby Ruths and I asked them to save just 1 for me...

Lots of yard work to finish this weekend and I hope to run tomorrow morning. Otherwise hoepfully I will get to relax! :)

Stay strong~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

Snow on the pumpkin today! :rolleyes:Last night was X10 Low Impact and Ruthless #16 Rip 10's. The ruthless workout was a tough one, non stop cardio for 18 min. Probably not one of my favorites, only because it is so tough. I will feel accomplished if I can get through this whole workout doing 10 of each exercise for the full 18 min.

Brenda, I think that you are not stupid, just wanting to get in something you enjoy before your unable to. I like the ruthless workouts for the most part. I don't like that they have no real warm-up or cool down. I do like putting them with something else. I really like the Lunatic Intervals, that one was more of a tabata style workout. Last nights was just cardio cardio cadio.... I had a small taste of the soup last night, and it is really good. I'm having that for lunch today. The only problem is my house smells like an onion. :eek:

Heartymax, WTG on the workout. I do like Toscas book, maybe look at discount stores. I sometimes find them at half price books.

Susan, Love that workout too! I agree with you on the candy challenge tonight. I just have to make sure that I stick to the one piece. Today will be 5 days of clean eating, and I can really see the difference on my stomach area. Now that makes me happy!

Have a great day!

Happy Friday and Happy Halloween!!
This morning I did Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's followed by the core work. Arms feeling pumped!!

Hearty - I agree I usually have to be in the mood to get my butt kicked and yesterday I was. :D

Susan - DH & I were planning on doing fall clean up at No No's Restaurant tomorrow but with the rain/snow mix we got this morning and the cold dampness, not sure we're going to be able to. We need to cut the grass for the last time and clean up the leaves. We'll have to see what tomorrow brings. We wanted to get it done this weekend so I could help. Otherwise he'll have to do it by himself.

Laurie - Ruthless sounds tough. Just remember how good you feel with all the clean eating. That'll help you stick to the one piece.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.