Buff Badgers Week of November 5th

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

Nice lazy weekend for us. :D Saturday was MMA Boxing, Sunday Power Yoga with Kristin McGee and this morning was PLB and Hiit Pyramid. Great workouts, and I'm sure that my lower body will be feeling that workout later. :eek:

Have a great day!

Good morning! I had a good weekend. Saturday was three miles of running and walking. Sunday was the Gym Styles Back, Shoulders, and Biceps Timesaver and two miles of running/walking.

I feel so much better running, but the side stitches are really getting to me. It's the only reason I'm still walking at all. My brother tells me they'll eventually ease up as my body gets used to running, that even your organs and all the little intrinsic muscles holding them in have to get used to all that jostling. That's great, but I wish they'd go away soon.

I'm about to head downstairs to do an Ellen Barrett workout... one of her yoga-ish ones.

Laurie- Great workouts this weekend!

I got absolutely nowhere with projects this weekend. Oh well.

Have a great day!

Hi all,

Today I did Horizontal Conditioning Vol. 2( my fav.), KCM 30 Min. to Fitness Step Kickboxing workout 1 and yoga for flexibility. Sat. I didn't do anything. Sun. I ran 4.5 miles on the trails with my dog.

Sam, too bad you are getting side stitches since that is all that is keeping you from running the whole way. You already got in more running than I did over the weekend. Sorry you didn't get your projects done. Next week.:)

Laurie, nice workout this am. I almost pulled out the Hiit workouts but decided on the step boxing because I wasn't sure about my knee. Kinda wish i would have done one.

The boys started indoor soccer in Eau Claire yesterday. They really liked it. Nice to have something like this to fill the gap before skiing.

Have a great day.

Good Afternoon!!

Had a busy weekend. We got everything done that we needed to. My nieces wedding was very nice. The ceremony was very sweet. They wrote their own vows. They managed to get a few of us in tears. Tears of happiness that is. :) Sunday afternoon we had a scare with a brush fire getting out of control. With the help of two other people we managed to get it stopped. Between the fall clean and and all the running around from the fire, my left leg is pretty sore. :mad:

Saturday I did Cross Fire. This morning I started my last week of STS Meso 3. Had chest and back this morning. My body was sore from the weekend so this mornings workout was a little tough but I managed to get through it.

Laurie - Great job on the workouts this weekend!

Sam - Glad the running is working out for you except for those darn side stitches. Hopefully your body will adjust quickly.

Karen - How long do you usually workout for a day? This weekend was good weather for running outside. It was nice fall weather. Do you live in Eau Claire? DH & I lived up there for 4 years before we moved back to West Bend. Beautiful area.

Make it a great day!!
Brenda

Morning Ladies,

This morning was PUB. Having DOMS in the lower body today, dang that PLB workout. :D

Sam, I hope those side stitches start to ease off for you. I have only had them a few times. From what I understand it has to do with the way we are breathing. At least that is what my DD told me. ;)

Karen, I was feeling my bad knee a little bit after yesterdays workouts, so understand you not wanting to venture into that. ;) Sounds like some great workouts.

Brenda, Very scarry on the fire! Sounds like you had a nice time at the wedding. I don't know if I could have written my own vows, so that kudos to them for bringing some to tears. ;) Have you decided on what rotation you will do after this week?

Have a wonderful day!

Hello,

Today I did a Cardio Coach 6 (Sean) on the spin bike. I have really missed spinning with him.

Brenda, sounds like you had a very scary and exciting weekend. Glad you guys got the fire out with no damage. The wedding sounds nice. They are so fun. We live in Rice Lake, 1 hour north of Eau Claire. When did you live in Eau Claire. I workout about an hour a day. Then I do 10-15 min,. of stretching, yoga or knee rehab. Yesterday HC workout was 40 min. maybe and KCM was about 25 of actually work, the rest was stretching.

Laurie, did you do the floorwork in PLB too. It seems floorwork gets me more DOMS than standing. I don't like barbell work because it hurts my shoulders so I haven't done that workout in a long while, at least the standing portion.

Hi to all you other BB's. Have a great day.

Hi!!

This morning I did Afterburn and added on 100 jacks.

Laurie - I agree, I don't think I could have written my own vows either. I was impressed. No, I haven't decided what rotation to do next. I'll have to see what Cathe has out there or maybe put my own together.

Karen - My DH (BF at the time) was already up there and we took turns commuting back and forth for 6 months, then I decided it was enough and I moved up in October of 1998 and we came back home in April of 2002. We lived in Chippewa Falls for about 1/2 the time and the other half we rented a house in Menomonie. All of our family and friends are back here. When I do PLB, I hold dumbbells instead of the barbell because I'm very uncomfortable holding it on my upper back/shoulders when doing lunges. I can handle it for a short time doing squats but with the lunges I feel more comfortable and stable holding dumbbells.

Hi Sam, Susan, Heartymax, and Sue!

Enjoy the rest of your day!!
Brenda

Morning Ladies,

This morning was KPC!

Karen, Yes I did do the floorwork. :p This workout has about all the floorwork I can stand. I think this is one of her better ones, since I don't have to put on ankle weights. :D I think next time I do the PLB workouts, I will use DB's instead.

Karen, Have fun with the rotation finding or creation. ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Hello,

Today I did Iron Core Warrior vol. 2 double kettlebell workout. It was really good. Then i ran 3.3 miles on the trails, came back and did stretchmax and foam rolling.

Laurie, KPC is an awesome workout. I am not a fan of ankle weight work either.

Brenda, did you do all the jumping jacks in a row or did you rest and do sets of them.

Have a great day.

Heartymax hope things by you are ok.

Good afternoon! Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I didn't do anything till the evening, and wasn't sure if I'd have anything to report.

I did run 1.5 miles in the dark and rain last night; it was sort of fun :)

This morning I needed something fun and did Cardio and Weights. Gym Styles is doing its job, because for the first time ever, I matched Cathe's weights for every exercise, except for back, when I went heavier! I even did the pushups/side planks at the end on my toes. I skipped a lot of the abs though. All those exercises with legs extended and hovering off the ground really hurt my low back.

Laurie- I'm researching like crazy and have tried just about everything, but the side stitches are still getting me every time I go out. I think I just need to power through, do lots of planks, and eventually they'll go away.

Brenda- I love weddings. They're always such happy occasions. Even when I don't feel like going, I always end up having a good time. Once again, I'm amazed at your cardio endurance. 100 jacks AFTER Afterburn. Yow.

Karen- Yes, I impressed myself with the mileage, but I think I need to scale back to a mile and a half at a time for awhile until the stitches ease up. Running is still very, very new for me. I don't think I ever ran a whole mile until these last couple weeks.

Hello Susan and Sue!

I'm off to drag DS to the store. He's been a sick little man this week, but of course he's still bouncing off the walls :rolleyes:. Boys....

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon!

This morning was my last day of PlyoLegs and it had my two least favorite exercises, one legged squat thrusts and power turns. :D I did the normal two legged squat thrusts instead.

Laurie - I miss KPC. Ever since I've been having issues with my left leg I've been staying away form the kickboxing. Front kicks are okay but the side kicks smart.

Karen - I did the 100 jumping jacks in a row. If I do two hundred, I'll take a little break in between. How do you like your foam roller? I was thinking about getting one. Do you do your own workout with it or do you have a DVD?

Hi Sam, Susan, Heartymax, and Sue (we miss you!)!

Make it a great day!!
Brenda

Hi again!!

Sam - we were posting at the same time. WTG on matching Cathe's weights. Doesn't that feel good! Hope DS feels better.

Take Care!
Brenda

Sorry I haven't been on the forum much lately. I have been sleeping a little later and doing about 30 minutes on the elliptical in the mornings the last several days. It has been pretty cold lately. My DS14 doesn't like wearing jackets so I finally broke down to buy him a North Face Fleece with a hoodie. I have heard great things about the products but just thought they were way to expensive. I ordered it this morning. I figured he needed something to keep him nice and warm that is not bulky. I wasn't sure about the size so I hope it fits. He has a 3-n-1 Columbia jacket but he doesn't wear it because he hates coats like most kids. I this fleece jacket will be something he will wear to school. I am keeping my fingers since that thing was pretty expensive. i guess I don't feel to guilty buying since I know he didn't ask for it.

Brenda--congrats on wrapping up Meso 3 this week. I am sure you will look forward to getting back to someone of your other fun workouts for a while.

Sam---congrats on pumping out those push ups on your toes.

Karen--Hi! I am doing fine. Just haven't been on the forum much lately.

Laurie- How is the lower body feeling. DOMS still??

Hi Susan!

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Power Hour! :D

Karen, Nice workouts.

Sam, WTG on the weights! I love it when I can exceed Cathe in weights. ;) WTG on the GS workout also, it sounds like you had a great time. Sorry to hear that DS isn't feeling well, but they are resiliant. :D Keep up the good work with the running, and I'm sure that those stitches will subside eventually.

Brenda, Good job on getting past those nasty one legged hops! :eek: Last few days of your STS rotation! How many rotations have you done? I don't know what I would do if I couldn't do kickboxing. :confused:

heartymax, I have not been able to understand the kids not wanting to wear coats. Mine are the same way. I never road the bus to school, so we always had to leave the house bundled from head to foot. :eek: Sounds like a nice coat. DOMS are all gone, but I sure loved having them. :D

Have a great day!

Hi guys,

I did Horizontal Conditioning vol. 1 and a 5.5 mile run. Going to do some stretching soon.

Laurie, Haven't done Power Hour in a long time either. That is a tough workout.

heartymax, my kids don't wear coats either. They just throw on a fleece. I should get something a little thicker for them. Sounds like a nice jacket you are getting.

Brenda, can't wait to do Plyo Legs again when my knee is better. I just use the roller on my own. It really helps. It has saved me from going to the chiro many times. Just needed to roll out not go to the chiro.

Sam, hope DS is feeling better today. Sam running in the dark and rain and you had fun. Do you have a reflective jkt. or anything? Good for you. Probably a good idea to run a little less to start out with until the side stitches go away.

Have a good day.

Good Afternoon!!

This morning I did DM Cardio Blast and then finished off with CF Cardio Ciruit Blast. It was a fun mix.

Heartymax - Good to hear from you. As much as I like STS, it will be nice to do some of the other workouts.

Laurie - Power Hour... that's an oldie but a goodie. I think this is the 4th time I've done the STS rotation. I love kickboxing. I really miss it. That's why I toss in MMA boxing every now and then because that at least has the punching. The kicking still doesn't work so well with my leg. :(

Karen - My chiro was actually the one that recommended that I get a foam roller. I think one of these days I'm going to break down and buy one.

Hi Sam & Susan!

Have a great afternoon!
Brenda

Good afternoon! I haven't worked out yet today, but I'm sitting here counting down the minutes until I can put DS down for his nap. I've got the dining room taped off and the walls prepped. As soon as he's asleep, I'm painting it.

I plan to run 1.5 - 2 miles this evening. TTOM hit today and I think after painting that's all I'll have energy for.

Karen- No reflective jacket yet, but I try to wear a light color that shows up under the streetlights. Since I'm in a brightly lit city neighborhood with sidewalks, it's not as much of a concern. I do have that on my list of running gear to purchase, though.

Laurie- Sounds like you're having fun revisiting some older workouts. I don't have Power Hour, but it looks like my favorite type of total body weight workout.

Brenda- I would miss kickboxing, too. It's good that you can at least get the same feel with a boxing workout. Hard Strikes should be a good one for you!

Heartymax- What is it about kids not wearing coats??? I remember being the same way. I'd wear one, but I'd refuse to zip it :rolleyes: North Face is a nice brand. He'll be espcially excited to get it since he didn't ask for it!

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Today I did Jillian Extreme Shed and Shred workouts 1 & 2. My DD21 loves her and wanted to do it with me. It wouldn't have been my choice. I got a fine workout I just prefer Cathe or some other instructors better.

Sam, how did your painting go. Did you get your run in. It is really dark in our neighborhood and there are no street lights so it makes running after dark hard unless i drive into town which I really don't do.

Brenda, sounds like a good mix of workouts yesterday. Those forward jumps in Drill Max get me every time. I think the foam rolling is helping my knee also. Lots of tight muscles and things that need to be kneeded out.

Going to Ladysmith for a swim meet with DD10 tomorrow. All day event. Sun. the boys play indoor soccer. Probably won't get any workouts in. I will try for a run on Sun. on the trails by our house.

Have a great weekend all.

Happy Friday!

Karen- Yup, got it in... with no side stitches :) I also painted the dining room, and I'm really happy with it.

Painting the dining room has me all excited to paint the living room, but I have to buy the paint for it today.

I'm in my workout clothes, but not sure what I'm going to do yet. I was thinking of doing Crossfire, but I'm not sure I'm up for it. I know I definitely want to do some kind of cardio. I'm saving Gym Styles for the weekend when it's easier for me to go running (in the daylight for a change!). I like to get a little cardio in on my strength days.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Happy Friday Indeed!!!

Today was my last day of STS. Had shoulders, biceps, and triceps. I have the weekend to figure out what I'm going to do next week. Tomorrow I'll do some kind of cardio. Not sure what though.

Sam - Glad you got your painting done. Sounds like the running is coming along well.

Karen - You have a busy weekend planned. I hope the swim meet and soccer all go well.

I have lots I would like to get done over the weekend. We'll see what I'm able to all get done.

Have a great weekend!!!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.