Buff Badgers Week of Nov 10th

mbmundt

Cathlete
Hi Ladies!!

Well, Surgery went very well. The doctor was very impressed with my bone structure. My femur was larger than what they figured from the x-rays which took my success rate up. :) Thursday afternoon they tried getting me up to at least stand and it wasn't happening. My blood pressure took a nose dive and I almost passed out. They let me rest some more and then about 10pm they came in to check on me and then we tried again and with the assistance of the nurses and a walker I was able to get up and walk into the bathroom and back to the bed. Then they had me up again a few hours later. Definitely didn't get a bunch of sleep in the hospital. I got to come home on Friday. Occupational therapy was pleased as well as physical therapy. The pain meds they had me on sucked!!! They made me tired and messed with me mentally. Why people want to get hooked on that crap is beyond me. Since the pain from the surgery itself was very mild, I decided to stop taking it and take extra strength Tylenol as needed. Lot of ice packs. I've been doing my exercises prescribed 3 x /day. I feel like things are going well. I have a PT appt. on Thurs and two more next week to see how I'm progressing and what else I could be doing to help myself out. I have to say, the staff at the hospital was very complimentary. There were a few that were jealous of how healthy I was and they were very impressed with my upper body strength. Even though I told them I was a personal trainer, they were still impressed. Made me feel really good. Made me feel like everything that I've been doing was worth it. I knew it was but it was very nice hearing those things.

Wanted to touch base to let you know how things are going. I'll touch base towards the end of the week and let you know how things are going. I'm seeing improvements each day so that's a good thing.

Take Care!
Brenda

Brenda, so happy to hear you are doing well! I have no doubt you will heal quickly.Congrats! :)

Saturday was Piyo Strength Intervals then Jillians Killer Buns then Pilates. Sunday was my scheduled rest day. This morning I woke up and was so achey! Ugh, rest day #2. I can tell I might be coming down with a cold as well. Hoping for a good night's rest, the Cathe's Knockout.

Take care~

Morning Ladies,

Had a good weekend, and did my STS Meso 2 workouts along with the Ruthless ones. Can't say that I remember all of them that I did, but those have some good and some that are not as fun. Today is suppose to me my rest day, but I have the day off so I'm thinking that some yoga would be a good thing to throw into the mix.

Brenda, Great news on your surgery, and it sounds like you are on the way to a great recovery. The PT is the most important.

Susan, Great job on the workouts. Sorry to hear that you are not feeling all that well.

Have a great day!

Hi there. Today was Rock out Knockout. Hadn't done that one in a while. My cold is starting but I am going to keep pushing play and hope I beat it!

Hi Laurie! Great job on those workouts! :)

Stay strong~

Afternoon Ladies,

I did manage to get in Eoin Finn's PY4H 90 min. yoga routine. Felt great. Today will be the first workout in week 2 of Meso 3. Will be interested in how heavy I can go with the weights.

Susan, Hope you area able to push that cold away, just take that Vitamin C. Great job on the workout, that one is fun.

Have a great day!

Hi there! Yesterday's workout was P90X chest,shoulders & triceps. My upper body is very sore today! Today was my elliptical but I might do some Pilates later.

Have a great day! ~ Susan

Oh my goodness, my upper body is still so freaking sore!! My triceps cry whenever I try to raise my arm! :( I slept in today cause I felt like, but will be doing S90 Legs after work.
My weekend looks pretty quiet,so I should get my workouts in, and maybe a little extra!

Brenda, I hope you have continued to heal and are doing better!

Laurie, 90 mins of yoga would kill me! Is that instructor good? Never heard of them. Last night I looked at Collage Videos new site. Saw some I might try.

Hi Hearty!! Hope yours week is going well. :)

Brenda---so glad your surgery went well. Having such a positive and encouraging health team is awesome too. It helps with the physical and mental recovery.

Susan--I don't own ROKO. I have PR1 and PR2 and that's it.

I just ordered the Cathe calendar this morning and I almost ordered FLextrain but I remembered that I need to stick with a budget and just wait on the new workouts that are coming anyway. This is my first time ordering a calendar and figured it was an expensive way to add some nice Cathe pics to my workout room. Right now, I have a few of the pictures sleeves from my DVDs on the wall..

Sorry I haven't check in this week---but I am rushing this morning and have to run now. The temps are in the high 40s the next few days so it will be a cold night on the football field in the 30s.

Hey Laurie.

Morning Ladies,

Let me see I have done Meso 3 Chest and Back, and yesterday was Plyo Legs for week 2. Last night DH and I went shopping to get me a new dress. We where invited to a wedding, and this is the first time I am going to an event as the bosses wife. Kind of weird. :)

Susan, Well it sure sounds like you hit some muscles in a different way, but sure sorry that you can't raise your arms without some major DOMS! I love the Power Yoga for Happiness DVD, there are I think 8 different variations of workouts on two different DVD's. The one thing I love about these are the fact that Eoin really stretches out the hips. That is my problem area for tightness. I love yoga, and look at some of the reviews on Amazon also.

heartymax, What a great way to get motivation with the calendar! When you do decide to get FlexTrain it is a very good workout. I purchased it when she had it on the deal of the day. That seems to be the best time to purchase those workouts. Well those temps are way better than what we are having right now, but having to be out in it isn't fun.

Have a great weekened!

Hi Ladies!

Obviously the only exercising I've been doing are the ones I'm allowed to do. I had my first PT session last night and it was more of an evaluation than anything. She was checking my strength and mobility. She said I was ahead of the game compared to most people. That was a good feeling. My next PT session is next Weds where we'll be doing more things. I went online to see what the exercises were for Week 2 and I started doing those as well as the other ones. Abducting and adducting the leg is challenging. Have a lot of strength I need to build up in that area. I also get the staples taken out of my butt next Weds and I'll be so happy when they are out!!! :D I broke down and called the doc to see if there is something else they can give me to help me sleep through the night. I haven't been able to sleep through the night since I can't remember when, but it has gotten worse since surgery. I can't get my leg muscles to relax. They twitch and spasm and I usually end up falling asleep on an ice pack. We'll see what they say.

Hearty - I buy Cathe's calendar every year. I mark down on there what I do and I how I felt, HR, and calories burned. I would definitely put FlexTrain on you wish list. I love that workout.

Susan -hope you were able to fend off that cold. You've been kicking some butt on those workouts!!

Laurie - Were you pleased with the weight you used in Meso 2? Bosses wife.. :) have fun at the wedding!

Have a great weekend!!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.