Buff Badgers week of May 6th

heartymax

Cathlete
I had a restful weekend. I did 3 miles on the elliptical on Saturday and 2 miles on Sunday. This morning I started Meso 2 (no rest week needed). It was chest, shoulders and triceps. I did 3 sets of push ups in place of the chest flys on this workout.

Hi, Fri I did a mishmosh of crossfire Hiit and band Hiit and the just the tabatas of Tabaticise and Turbo Fire 30 until the last combo when I got tired of trying to figure out what she was doing and turned it off. Sat. I took off and Sun. I did rip 60 and HoCo vol. 3. Today I am going for a run after work.

Heartymax, nice you had a relaxing weekend. I heard elliptical is very much like running so it is a good cross training tool. Wish I had one. I would do chest flys instead of pushups. I don't like pushups at all.

Hi to the rest of you girls. Hope you are having great weather. I am hoping we get to 60 at least today. Snow is almost gone. :D

Hi gang,

Saturday was KenpoX and a 45mn walk and Sunday was some pilates and a 1 hour walk. Today is S90 Tabata and chest/back/abs.

Karen, hope the snow is gone soon! I have friends on Minocqua and they still a bunch too!:(

Hearty, glad you had a nice weekend.

Enjoy your Monday ladies!

~ Susan

Good morning! Friday was Cardio Leg Blast. No workouts over the weekend, but I did paint the guest room and wash the first floor windows.

I just finished Supercuts, but I skipped the push up/ sit up combo at the end. My lower back does not like that combo.

Had a nice date night on Saturday. We went to La Reve in Wauwatosa. I'm not a huge dessert person, but even I was floored by the lovely selection of pastries. I would definitely recommend stopping in if you're ever in Tosa for a little treat -- you can get desserts and coffee to-go. I may have dropped a few hints to Bryan about Mother's Day :D

Heartymax- Way to clock the miles on the elliptical!

Karen- I hope your snow melts soon. I don't want to say it out loud and jinx it, but I think spring might be here....?

Susan- Your walks make me think I should walk more. It's getting to be the time of year when I can take Elliot for an evening walk after dinner.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Evening Ladies!

Weekend was busy. House cleaning, cleaning up paperwork, errands, laundry, and we cleaned up the front section of the lawn down at No No's restaurant.

Saturday morning I did HoCo Bootcamp. I got closer to the end this time. Still skipped the last combo and did the HC part of the second last combo and that did me in. I believe she called them suicide planks. I was feeling it on Sunday. This morning I did Disc 10 from STS Meso1 Chest, shoulders, and biceps. I was sore from the yard work we did on Sunday at No No's so I wasn't sure how I was going to do but I did better than I expected.

My sister had her surgery this afternoon and they removed the lymph node under arm and some tissue. Surgery took under an hour and went very well. They will get the results back in 2-3 days. Not sure yet if she'll need additional treatment or not.

Heartymax - I miss working out on the elliptical. I always did Cardio Coach when I'd workout on the elliptical. It's still tucked off in a side area in the basement. Glad you had a restful weekend.

Karen - Wow... what a workout you put together on Friday. How is HoCo. vol 3? I hope your snow goes away soon.

Susan - Nice workouts!!

Sam - Glad you guys had a nice date on Saturday. That last sit up/push up combo at the end of Supercuts is hard. I usually start out before they do and they always catch up to me. :)

Definitely enjoying those warmer temps. Hoping the rain holds off so I can til up my veggie garden this weekend. It's been so wet I haven't been able to get out there.

Have a great evening!
Brenda

Bác viết bài thật hay.
Em thích nhất là đoạn cuối. Rất thú vị.
Cảm ơn Bác nhiều nhà.

You write very well.
I especially liked the last paragraph. Very interesting.
Thanks a lot.

Oh well, I have been doing the 30 plank challenge that I friend had on Facebook where you add on to your time each day. Day 1 starts at 20 seconds so I start at the day 10 which is 1:20. I'm at day 15 now. I also try to do more than 1 set. I have been trying to do 2 sets and then 1 set of side planks also. With that said, today was 1:45 second forward plank hold, followed by 1:00 each for side plank followed by a 1:20 forward plank. Then, my crazy self decided to do HC volume 2 . Oh it gets worst.....then I decided to do single intervals of After Burn. OMG---after the spiderman planks, burpees....I didn't even attempt those sliding planks at the end. I knew my abs couldn't take anymore.

Brenda--glad to hear that the surgery went well. I still haven't purchased HC bootcamp. Once I get volume 2 down better, I will. I wish I had never purchased volume 1. I've done it once and dont' think I will ever do it again.

Sam--I miss Cardio Leg Blast but can't fit it in with the rotation that I'm doing now. I guess i can just patiently wait for Meso 3 Plyo Legs:D

Karen---I am not sure if my elliptical speed is like running. I do a 15 minute mile which is what I normally walk on the treadmill. The motion may be like running. I do enjoy the elliptical. I tried Turbo from You tube and I liked it.

Susan--I see you are still enjoying S90. You have such a variety of workouts.

Good morning! I'm very stiff and sore today. I have been the last few days, not sure what's up. Anyway, I think I'm going to have to stretch really well today. I'm thinking Cool It Off! from Slim Series later this afternoon and a nice brisk walk with the dog after dinner.

Brenda- I'm glad your sister's surgery went well. I know we're supposed to get some rain this weekend, but I'm not sure how much.

Heartymax- I should do that plank challenge. Really. Planks are about the only ab exercise that doesn't aggravate my neck or my lower back.

Hello Susan, Karen, and Laurie!

Have a great day, everyone.

Hi,

Today I did STS disk 1 & 2 of meso 1 leaving out shoulders and chest and Bum bum band work.

Sam, I only have a few of the Slim series that are on tape and I don't have tape player anymore. Stretching sounds good. Nice you got to stop for a little dessert. Yum.:D

Heartymax, that is a lot of horizontal work and high intensity. Nice job. I can see why you were fried. Most people like Turbo Fire.

Brenda, glad your sisters surgery went well. Hopefully that is the end of it. Nice job on HoCo Bootcamp. I like HoCo 3, probably one of my favorites. Don't care for 1, like 2 and 3 am debating on 4 as ball work is tough but still like it and Bootcamp is just plain hard.

Susan, nice job on your workouts. Walks in this weather are so much fun and very relaxing I think.

Hope you other buff ladies are doing well.

Have a wonderful day. Rain Wed. Thurs. and Friday:(

Good Evening!

Last couple of days I've been eating my lunch outside enjoying the sun so that's why I'm posting later.

This morning I did HardStrikes and Jillian's Yoga Meltdown Level 1. I'm going to try to do more yoga/stretching since my chiro gave me such a hard time that I don't do enough of it. I would if I had more time in the morning.

Heartymax - You go girl!! Wow what a workout. I would have been fried too.

Sam - The only stretching dvd I have is Cathe's. Do you have other's that you really enjoy?

Karen - I agree, HC Bootcamp is hard. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do the entire thing or do without taking longer breaks. Guess we all love getting our butts kicked.

There was one thing in Jillian's yoga meltdown that stuck with me,... "get comfortable with being uncomfortable". I liked that.

Hi Susan! Hi Laurie!

Time for me to go to bed.

Have a great night!
Brenda

Today was STS Back and Biceps. I will move legs to later in the week:D My abs are fired up this morning.

Sam---You should give the plank challenge a try. I remember when you and I were doing planks a few days a week. I can't recall exactly how long I increased my plank hold to then but I am definitely trying to stay focus. I started at 1 minute and 20 second hold which was day 10 instead of the 20 second hold in the challenge because I didn't need to start at day 1. Today is a rest day and tomorrow is supposed to be a 2 minute hold.

Brenda--I know I don't do enough stretching.

Karen--I don't like HC 1 either.

It's teacher appreciation week and our school served Famous Daves for lunch yesterday and I couldn't resist that good ole cornbread muffin. Back to routine today---I'm packing my lunch.

Hi ladies.

No workout yesterday, after all. My back was still very achy, and I had to help out my grandparents for a few hours in the middle of the day, so I just ran out of time.

Still achy today. So... I did Slim Series Tone It Up!. I'm just going to keep the impact very, very low this week. Looking back, I did a lot of high impact last week, and I think I just tweaked it from all that jumping. I'll also try to ice it tonight while I hang out and watch TV.

Brenda- Cool it Off is the only other stretch video I have. It's long, almost an hour, but I do feel divine when I'm done.

Heartymax- I will have to look into it when my back feels a bit better. I think I was up to a 90 second forward plank and 60 second side planks, but I can't remember.

Karen- I did a full Slim Series rotation awhile ago and got decent results, but I don't think I'll ever do a full month of it again.

Have a great day, everyone.

Hi,

Today I did a 5.5 mile run and Peak 10 stretch.

Sam, hope your back is better after your lower impact and stretch week.

Heartymax, yea for fired up abs. Famous Daves--Yum.

Have a good day.

Hello!

This morning was Disc 11 Back and triceps. I added 100 jacks after the warm up for an extended warm up.

I found out today that a very dear friend of ours sister passed away on Monday from cancer. She lived in Iowa and I feel so bad that we can't be there for him. Then I also found out that my sister tried to go back to work today and she ended up in the ER. The pain got so bad it was unbearable. I don't know that her incision opened up though, I hope not. She got back home this afternoon and is resting.

Heartymax - Fired up abs is a beautiful thing. I should really try that plank challenge. I would think that would help me out with HoCo.

Sam - I hope your back starts feeling better. It's good though that you are taking it a bit easier this week.

Karen - Good job on the run.

Hi Susan and Laurie!

Have a great evening!
Brenda

Good Morning!

Brenda---hope everything is ok with your sister.

Today was a rest day because I worked out on Sunday. I did my planks. First one at 2 minutes and I didn't think I was going to make it. I took a short rest and then did a 1 minute plank followed by 25 pushups.

Sam--- this next week will be interesting because I don't know how I'm going to manage past 2 minutes.

Good Afternoon!

This morning I did Athletic Step and before I did the stretch I added 100 jacks, 50 wide high runs, 50 lateral hops, 50 speed skaters.

Heartymax - Do you notice in your other workouts that doing the plank challenge is helping you in other areas?

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Hello!

This morning I did Cardio Supersets and a segment of Stretch Max. The stretch felt fantastic while I was doing it, but now, unfortunately, my back hurts more than it did yesterday :( I've done a little self-diagnosis, and I believe it's actually my SI joint that's giving me trouble, not my back per se. I've found a few stretches to try out. I'll continue to keep the impact low and avoid or modify strength moves where I'm supposed to lean over.

Brenda- I hope your sister is doing okay, and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. So sad.

Heartymax- A two-minute plank is tough! Great work! Way to go on the push ups, too. Doesn't sound like a rest day to me :D

Hello to everyone else! It's Friday tomorrow :D

Hi,

Did HoCo Bootcamp today.

Sam, I had a problem with my SI joint last year and until I went to a massage therapist a few times and used my foam roller a lot. Hope you can figure out if that is what it is and get it fixed.

Brenda, Athletic Step wasn't enough for you. Nice job. Sorry about your friends sister. I am glad your sister is home now, hope she is feeling better and healing quickly.

Have a great day.

TGIF:D The weather has been in the 60's and cloudy most of the week. Looking forward to some sunshine this weekend.

I did a 2minute plank and 1 minute plank followed by STS Meso 2 legs this morning.

Sam---my plank was supposed to be 2 minutes and 15 seconds today but I just couldn't get that extra 15 seconds out. At the end of the 30 day challenge (which I started at day 10) I am supposed to be at a 3 minute plank. I don't see it happening. Anyway, I do try to do more than one set also even though I know my second set won't be as long.

Have a great weekend everyone! I will check in later.

Happy Friday!!

This morning was the last of STS Meso 1 Legs. Some of the moves that I have a hard time with I inserted cardio blasts. :) Did the extra stretching and inversion board (that felt great).

Sam - I hope your back (SI joint) starts feeling better. I can't wait to see our friend next week so I can give him a big hug!!

Karen - WTG on HoCo bootcamp!!! Hats off! I know.. me and that cardio. :D

Heartymax - Great job on the planks! Keep up the good work.

Everyone have a great weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.