Buff Badgers week of Feb. 26

kaykay

Cathlete
Hi

Friday I did Tabatacise, Sat. Horizontal Conditioning Vol. 4 and Sun. I ran 5 miles. Don't know what to do today.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Morning Ladies,

I had a great weekend, but didn't do any workouts. I'm going to do a workout today though, and continue on with my Combat rotation. I was busy cleaning the house. We are dog sitting this week also, and that little thing is constantly around me. :D I have almost tripped over her a couple of times.

Karen, I'm hoping that I can get back into the swing of things this week. Can't believe how this sidelined me so badly.

Have a great day!

Good morning!

Well, Saturday I tried HC volume 2. Oh man. It was very humbling. I followed the modifier and sometimes could still only perform half the repetitions of an exercise :confused: Ugh. The hardest stuff for me is anything where you're on your back and moving your legs around. My lower back wants to pop up so badly... before my legs are even at 45 degrees :eek:

BUT! I was sore where I was supposed to be yesterday, and I know they're exactly what I need, so I'll keep incorporating them as I go. I plan to do at least part of volume 1 today after I do Bis and Tris. That might mean shortening some of my other workouts a bit, but my core situation is dire!

Laurie- I hope you can get back into the swing of things; it should make you feel better, at least mentally. I dog-sat my brother's miniature dachsunds once. What a nightmare. They barked like crazy every time I left the room :rolleyes:

Karen- You're a warrior! That's quite a weekend of workouts.

Have a great day, everyone.

We have off of school today because of parent-teacher coferences.

Sam, did you love the HC? Nice job. Boy, you are a warrior to try any of the HC after an arm workout.

Laurie, glad you are doing better. It is amazing how something like that can affect everything. Take care an enjoy the rotation.

I ended up doing Cardio Strength Peak 10. Had a great workout. I think that one is harder than Crossfire or actually most of Cathe's workouts.

Nice workouts everyone. Off to take the dog for a walk on the trails. Getting tired of snowshoeing, just want the snow to melt.

Hello!

Saturday was SuperCuts and I added on the bonus step circuit portion from LIS. Sunday was a rest day and this morning I had Burn Sets bi's & tri's and core 1. I added on the Insanity warm-up to get a quick cardio in there. :)

Saturday was DH's bday and everything went as planned and surprised him like I wanted to. We had a couple's massage in the afternoon, which felt fantastic.

Karen - I agree with Sam, you are a warrior! WTG on the workouts.

Laurie - Isnt' that kind of frustrating how quickly you can slide backwards when something like that derails you. You'll get back at it and before you know it you'll be back to where you were before. ;) Hope the dog sitting goes well.

Sam - WTG on HC. I really think I need to check HC out more. Sounds like I would definitely benefit from it. It'll be interesting to hear about your improvements with HC as time goes on.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Good morning. I just finished XTrain Legs. I just did the straight, as-is workout. I've never don that before, and I like it, but boy did that floor work at the end seem WAAAAAYYY harder after doing the rest of the workout beforehand.

Yesterday I did one of the Bis and Tris timesavers and added on the first couple of blocks of HC Volume 1. Volume 1 was a bit easier for me, so I think I'll stick with that one till it feels less impossible and then try volume 2 again.

Karen - "Love" might be too strong of a word ;) I can tell they're going to help me, and I find them strangely addicting in their impossible-ness. Sandra is such a doll... it's pretty much impossible not to like her.

Brenda- I was going to ask about your DH's birthday. You're such a nice wife. I never know what to do for my DH. He's really difficult to shop for, but at least he's easily pleased. :) I can tell HC is going to help my ability to do push-ups. I've already noticed myself being more aware of my core and activating it while doing other exercises and chores.

Hi Laurie!

Have a great day, everyone.

Hi!

This morning I was supposed to do Legs and rear delts. Instead I put in Disc 17 legs from STS Meso 2 and then followed that with the rear delts.

Last night I had a chiropractor appt and he scanned the bottom of my feet....OMG!! My feet are bad. I put most of the weight in the center of my foot, where you should hardly have any. Basically my feet are pretty flat. I put most of my weight on my left leg, which is a contributing factor into the issues with my hip and knee. I'm going to look into getting orthotics for my shoes to help out the situation. That was a learning experience.

Sam - It's nice when DH's are easily pleased. :) It was fun surprising him. Good job on the workouts!

Oh... BTW... did you guys see.... Cathe is coming out with more DVD's :D How exciting. They sound like they'll be pretty good.

Brenda

Hi,

Today I did Xtrain ride.

Brenda, nice switcheroo. That is one I would have switched out too. I love the STS leg workouts. Glad you found out what some of your problems with your hips and things were. That makes sense with the pressure on certain parts of the feet the other parts compensate. Sounds like you had a nice time on your DH birthday. Nice present.

Sam glad you liked the Xtrain leg workout. Glad you think the HC will help your core strength. The reason I do them so often is because they work and I do like Sandra.

Have a wonderful day. HC tomorrow. :)

Good morning. Today I did 4DS LIS cardio only, and some of HC volume 1. I did the more ab focused work and skipped the lower body stuff. I think I got a little over halfway through? It's already getting a bit easier.

Karen- Do you have a spin bike or do you just modify on a regular stationary bike?

Brenda- I think the new Cathe workouts look right up my alley. Step! Fun kickboxing! I'm also very curious about the one that's divided into ten minute segments.

I'll be heading outside to frolic in the snow with DS after lunch. Have a great day, everyone!

Good Afternoon!

Hope no one got snowed in. DH plowed us out and then I headed to work and he headed further north with the neighbor to go snowmobiling the rest of the week. He'll be back on Sunday.

This morning I had All out Low Impact Hiit. I added on some the cardio from Hardstrikes.

Got a phone call from the dr office this morning and I have to be at the surgery center at 8:30am on Monday for the biopsy of the lymph node. I'll be so glad when that is over with.

Karen - How do you like Cathe's bike workouts? Between you and Sam, you two are really peaking my interest in HC. :)

Sam - Glad to hear things are going good with HC. I'm going to wait a while, but I'm going to be pre-ordering Cathe's new DVD's. She was thinking summer so I thought it would be could bday present to myself. :D Have fun playing in the snow with DS.

Brenda

Good morning! I just finished Chest, Back, and Shoulders. HC has already helped with my push-ups. I was able to do 11 on my toes today in that first set; usually I can only do 7.

I was also able to go heavier for a few exercises. I'm actually seeing some strength gains for once; its pretty nice :)

Brenda- I'll be thinking of you on Monday. If I were you, I'd be looking forward to it being over also. I'll be preordering Cathe's new stuff, but, like you, I'm also going to wait a little while. There's some non-fitness stuff I need in the upcoming month's budget.

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon!

This morning I had Burn Sets Chest, Back, and Shoulders. I added on 200 jumping jacks, 50 ski hops, and 50 high jogs. I was real happy with my workout this morning. Had real good strength. Almost felt like wonder woman :D

Sam - That's awesome that you are seeing results from HC. Now I really want to get it. I'm starting to get a little nervous about Monday. I had called the nurse this morning with questions. I didn't realize they were actually removing the lymph node. I thought they were going in there and getting some of the tissue to sample. Nope they are removing it. I need to behave myself so I heal fast so I can get back to my workouts. Thanks for the good thoughts. ;)

Brenda

Happy Friday!!

This morning was Tabata 1-4, Burn Sets Back, and abs. I did the Med ball abs from STS. I like that ab workout.

DH called me this morning and he's having a great time snowmobiling with our neighbor. They saw a bunch of turkey's on the trail. I'm glad he's having fun but I'll be glad when he's home too. :)

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.