Buff Badgers May 1

shakeubooty

Cathlete
Good morning all!

What a rainy, gloomy weekend it was. Feeling like I live in Seattle lately. Haven't listened to a weather forecast yet but hopefully today will be dry.

Instead of CP1 on Saturday I did the Gauntlet. Woo hoo! (I apologize to all you non-woopers for that. ;-) ) What a great sweatfest. Yesterday was a Kathy Smith Kickbox which I hadn't done in a long time. What a fun workout! It was my first kickbox video and I used to get totally lost in the combos. Now they're a piece of cake. And I forgot about the leg conditioning drills at the end (ala Kickmax). My poor, tired legs! LOL Gave them a break this morning and just did MM upper.

I have a training presentation to do this morning and I'm nervous! Was even lying in bed last night going through the material in my head. I've done training before but this is in the auditorium insead of a classroom so you feel more "in the spotlight". I have to train tomorrow, too, but will be glad after this one is under my belt.

Have a great day!

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today will be PS CST, BBA. No leg work for me today because of my 6 mile run yesterday on the treadmill of course. Not running in the rain.

Sue, good luck on the training today! I also have that KS Kickboxing, and I love it.

Ellen, how was your crazylegs?

My DD13 informed me that she came in first for her mile. They where running 7&8th grade girls at the same time. The person in front of her was in 8th grade. She was very happy, and the coach told her she would be running the mile for every meet.

We had a tree down in front of our house yesterday. There is no way to save it, so DH will be cutting it up. So sad, it was a plum tree and was just starting to bloom. ;(

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning,

Tonight will be a short run, probably about three miles. Crazylegs on Saturday went better than I expected. I was nervous beforehand and started out faster than I should have, so by mile 3.5 I walked a little. But I still cut four minutes off my time from last year! I was pretty proud of that. This week will be several short runs as I taper for the half-marathon, which is this Saturday. I'm already nervous about that too :)

Have a great day,

Ellen

Good morning! YAY, I remembered to check in!

Sue, I hate to tell you, but we are in rain mode for awhile. We might see some sun on Thur. I heard. This has not been good timing for me for sure. I started painting my deck. I put a coat of Kilz on on Friday afternoon (took 4.5 hours!) and then got the first coat of paint on half the deck Sat. and it started raining. I was hoping to do more today, but I just checked and the wood is just too damp. :(

LOL @ the "whoopers" apology. I hope your training goes well today. I hate speaking in front of people, too.

Laurie, were those edible plums on your tree? How sad! Was it from the wind?

I was planning to do Body Fusion today, but I doubt I'll be able to. I have super doms in my quads and it hurts just to even go up the stairs. So I think I will just do some treadmill walking today. I am slowly trying to fit exercise back into my life. It's not easy to start over.

My weekend was very sad. Mace left for his new home on Saturday morning. I was a weepy basket case all day/night on Saturday. I am feeling a little better, but it's really taking some getting used to. Right now he'd usually be sleeping under my desk. *sniff sniff* I know I'll be okay. One of my friends said I'm taking this worse than breaking up with Larry after 3 years! :(

Hello fellow Badgers! Hope you are all staying dry!

Is that Kathy Smith Kickboxing tough? Or do you do it on your lighter cardio days? I've seen it alot and always wondered what it was like...

Went to the Dr. this morning for my heel problem. She took x-rays but won't know the results for 2-3 days. She said it's either:

A: heel spurs
B: stress fracture
C: Tendonitis/ or pulled ligament

Either way I can not do any high impact cardio for at least 3 weeks. I need to rest, heat,ice, and use anti-inflammatories. Not a happy camper. I will be riding my bike, walking the dog as much as I can.

Take care ladies! Susan

Jill - It'll take some time before life seems normal again without Mace. He's happy and well cared for I'm sure so take comfort in that. Every day will get a little easier and before long you'll be looking at pictures of Mace and smiling instead of crying.

Speaking of dogs, you sure work like one! 4 1/2 hours working on your deck!!! That's back breaking work for sure. No small wonder you didn't feel like working out cuz you already did! At least with the rain you get a reprieve.

Ellen - Good for you taking 4 minutes off your time! Isn't that almost a minute per mile? So this weekend is the big race, huh? Don't be nervous - you'll do great. You've trained and you're ready.

Susan - Sorry about the news on your heel. Hopefully you have the one with the shortest recovery time! To answer your question about the Kathy Smith Kickboxing workout. No, it's not that intense mainly because the cardio portion is short - about 20 minutes after a 10 minute warmup. It makes a good add-on or something for a light day.

Laurie - As usual, great workout. It's easy to see where your DD13 gets her athletic skills;-)

Marie, thanks for kind words. :) Yes, the deck work surprised me. I had no clue it would be so tough. I have doms in my quads from working on the deck! It took 4.5 hours just to put the kilz on the railings and posts! Not even the floor. But I'm sore cuz the deck is suspended, so I'm kneeling on it, reaching my hand through each post to paint the outside of each floorboard. Then stand up to look over the top and see if I got it all. all that up and down made me sore!

Jill - I'm Sue - not Marie! LOL It's easy to see why you assumed it'd be Marie. She has a way of always knowing the right thing to say. :) Therefore, I take it as a compliment!

Sue (not Marie) :) :) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.