BUFF BADGERS JUNE 17 - 21

susanz

Cathlete
Hi there! This weekend was busy. Saturday I pulled out 7 oversized shrubs from the side of our house. That was tough stuff. Cutting, pulling, axin', more pulling. I was sweating like crazy! Took 4 hours from start to finish and aside from 230 squats that was my workout for the day! Sunday I woke early to do Tabatacise before going to the in-laws. Today was 240 squats, some core work, upper body work and a 40mn hike.

We are heading camping this Thursday after I get a root canal! :( Really looking forward to the time away. We'll come back Monday afternoon. I have never had a root canal and am not lookingofrward to it!

Hope you all had a great weekend! I will check back later~ Susan

Good morning! Saturday I went for a very short run/walk before heavy weights (rear lunges, chest press, bent-over rows, hammer curls, lying tricep extensions... three sets of 8-12 reps for each exercise) plus I did my planks. I added 15 seconds to each one, so that felt good. Yesterday I made strawberry rhubarb pie for my dad after church, then we headed over to my parents' for dinner (and pie!). No workout yesterday.

Today I did just the combos from Imax 3. It was my first step workout it what seems like forever because of my back. It felt SO good! May I never complain about working out ever again!

Susan- That yardwork sounds crazy. I hope you enjoyed a beer when it was done ;) What did you think of Tabatacise?

I have another adjustment this afternoon, but I've been feeling so good that I hope this is my last one for awhile.

Have a great day!

Good Evening Ladies!

Saturday I did All Out Low Impact HiiT and then added on 100 jacks, 50 ski hops, 50 lateral skates, 50 high knee wide runs, 50 lateral hops, and another 100 jacks. Then I followed that with the extended stretch from STS. The rest of the weekend consisted of cutting the grass down at grocery shopping, No No's, quick cleaning of the house and more yard work.

This morning I did High Step Training Advanced. Haven't done that one. I think that one is a pretty good circuit workout.

Susan - Wow you were busy with that yard work. That is tough stuff. You are really rockin out those squats!! WTG!! :D

Sam - Glad to hear the back is getting better. Isn't it something when you can't workout or can't even get a little bit of a workout in, how much you appreciate it and miss it when you can finally get a good one in.

Have to get DH packed up. He''s heading out tomorrow morning again for Ladysmith for the rest of the week. He'll be back home on Friday. Hopefully he won't have to go back anytime soon.

Enjoy your night!
Brenda

I had my Saturday morning run with DH on Saturday and then we had lunch at one of the seafood places on the water. Nice little impromptu date. DS15 left for the Junior Police Academy on Sunday and he will be gone all week. He gets to make one phone call home on Wednesday so I can't til tomorrow. DS11 had his last baseball game last night. His team won and he played really awesome. A couple of the kids in the neighborhood went to watch him play since his brother was out of town and they told him that he can really play so that made him feel pretty good. DS11 is at basketball camp during the day for the next two weeks so their summer is starting off pretty busy.

I did 25 push ups this morning and did MESO 3 Chest and Back. I really need to buy some 35's and 40's but at almost $1 a pound for weights---OUCH!! I have to bit the bullet soon though.

Sam---glad you were able to enjoy a step workout. I know how much you love them. You are brave to tackle Imax 3 anyday:D

Susan---my coworkers have stopped the squat challenge. One of them says she is starting over--I told him that my Cathe's buddies are hanging in there with the challenge.

Hi Brenda.

Good morning! I just finished a great strength workout. Today was squats, chest press, one-arm row, seated tricep extensions, and standing bicep curls. I was able to up my weight on a couple exercises :). I also held a plank for 1:30, which is my longest so far. I find I can lift much heavier if I go at my own pace like this instead of following a dvd. I'll be interested to see if I can go up a little in weight the next time a try a dvd.

Heartymax- Have you looked into second hand sports equipment stores? Maybe you can find weights cheaper at one of those places. You could check Craigslist regularly, too. My dad gave me his Power Block adjustable weights, which are VERY handy. I see them used on Craigslist sometimes, too.

Brenda- What's the difference between a ski hop and a lateral hop? Is the ski hop in place with skiing arms? I haven't done High Step Training in awhile. Thanks for reminding me of it. I like it for a nice, straightforward circuit workout.

Have a great day, everyone!

Good Evening!!

This morning I had Tabatacise. I did all 5 levels. I did some extra stretching afterwards. I've been having issues with my quads and hip flexors being really tight.

Heartymax - How cool about DS15 being in Junior Policy Academy. Congrats to DS11 on a great game. Sounds like they are busy kids. I agree with Sam on checking Craigslist. I know I found someone locally that was selling plates for my barbell and I got them at a very good price. Isn't the Road Trip next month? Are you excited?

Sam - Great job on the workout!! Do you listen to music while doing your weight workout? Yes, ski hops are in place.

Have a great evening!
Brenda

Hi ladies! Busy this week as we get ready to leave for a camping trip Thursday (after my root canal!:eek:). Today my body was just aching so I did pilates and my last day of squats: 250. I am thinking of starting another round of this squat challenge next week when I get back! All my pants are looser in the bum! Even my DD told me she wishes she had a booty like mine! I invited her to join the challenge and she declined. :p

I loved Tabatacise and did all 5 levels Sunday. Did not have time for core but plan to add that on next time. How are those 100 rep challenges?

Sam, great job on that plank work!:) So glad to see you are doing better with each day!

HI Hearty~ thats an awesome oppurtunity your son has. Hope he has a great time.

I check in tomorrow but in case life gets in teh way it will be the elliptical for 45mn and some core work.;)

Take care~ Susan

Hello! I went out with a friend last night and had probably one too many drinks :p, so I wasn't in the mood for anything too hardcore, but I still wanted to burn some calories. I ended up doing a Jessica Smith 30 minute HIIT workout. It wasn't as challenging as a Cathe HIIT, but I still got a pretty tough workout.

Susan- Sorry to hear you have to have a root canal. At least you have a vacation to look forward to when it's over. I'm glad you liked Tabatacise. I think I should be able to do it again soon.

Brenda- I usually just listen to the radio, but sometimes I'll use the iheartradio app on my phone and listen to one of their pre-made stations for working out.

I'm going to a baby shower this Saturday and was planning on bringing a crocheted blanket as my gift, but I'm only just over halfway done with it. Soooo.... I've got a LOT of crocheting to do!

Have a great day!

Good Evening!

This morning I did Power Hour. Forgot about those high reps in that workout.

The last two weeks have seemed exceptionally stressful. Work has been insane and very stressful. I'm mentally fried when I get home and don't have much ambition to do anything else. Probably doesn't help any that I'm there 10 1/2 hrs a day. :(

Susan - Good luck with your root canal. Enjoy your vacation as well. I'm glad that you liked Tabatacise.

Sam - I seriously thought of having a drink tonight with the week/day being so crappy, but I opted for chamomile tea instead :) I would love to learn how to crochet. Hopefully someday.

Have a great evening!
Brenda

HI there! Today was the elliptical and plank work. It's been tough getting up this week. My body has been very achey. Hopfully while we're gone, I'll get more rest, even though I am packing my bands and I do go for long hikes every Am and PM with our dog!:D

Thanks for the well wishes. Never had a root canal so I'll let you know how it goes!:confused: Already have the pain killers from my doctor ready to go! Though I would rather just have a glass of wine. I do not like taking pain medication...

Brenda, so sorry to hear work has been so stressful! Try to rest when you can~

Sam, glad you had a good time. We need nights like those once in a while!;)

HI Hearty!
Hi Laurie!
Hi Sue!
Hi Karen!

stay strong, Susan

Today was STS Plyo Legs and 4 sets of push ups (12,17,13,17). DS got to call home last night. He only got to talk what seems like about 45 seconds. Just enough for us to know he was okay. He sounded good and I must admit it was great hearing his voice. Little brother really misses him and we do too. We drive up tomorrow for the ceremony so I can't wait to hear all about the experience.

Brenda--PH is a tough workout. If I recall, it is a short work out but definitely draining from the high reps.

Susan--congrats on finishing the squat challenge. I can't wait to tell my coworkers about your results :D

Hi Sam! Have fun finishing up the blanket.

Hello. I was up till midnight working on the blanket (and I'm still not done!), then went to bed and my restless legs kicked in. Sigh. Anyway, I woke up sore and exhausted. I turned to Jessica Smith yet again and did her Flow-Yo workout, which was a yoga inspired barefoot workout. Honestly, I think I was sweating more with that one than the HIIT one :)

Brenda- I'm sorry work has been so stressful. Chamomile tea can be every bit as good as a glass of wine. I've never done Power Hour. It sounds like you've been revisiting some oldies lately.

Susan- I don't like pain medication either. But, this is definitely a situation where I'd be thankful for it!

Heartymax- I bet you can't wait to see your boy. I hope you have a nice time at the ceremony.

I seem to be so HUNGRY lately. No matter what I eat, my tummy is growling an hour later. I think it's the heavier lifting I've been doing, and I know that I need to eat more to build muscle, but I feel like I'm stuffing my face. Plus, keeping lots of filling, healthy food in the house is expensive!

Okay, back to crocheting! Usually, crocheting is very relaxing for me, but with a deadline... not so much :D Have a great day, everyone.

Good Evening!!

This morning I did 4DS Kickbox and Bootcamp cardio portion. Had fun with it.

Susan - Hope all goes well with the root canal and enjoy your time away.

Heartymax - WTG on the push ups. You go girl! I bet it will be great to see DS. Enjoy the ceremony. Power Hour is just shy of an hour. The high reps burns me out, in a good way though. ;)

Sam - Those gosh darn restless legs. I hate it when they kick in. I still haven't found a yoga inspired workout that I really like. I'll have to check out Flow-Yo.

Waiting for DH to call me to see how the rest of his day went. Hopefully things went well so he doesn't have to travel next week again but it wasn't sounding too promising.

Time for this tired girl to get ready for bed.

Have a great night!
Brenda

Happy Friday! I just finished weights: leg press, deadlift, shoulder press, calf raise, and bent arm lateral raise. I used 60 pounds for the deadlifts, and did three sets of 12 reps... felt great! No back pain.

Brenda- I tend to enjoy "yoga inspired" or fusion workouts more than pure yoga. Pure yoga always feels good, but I get bored.

Busy weekend coming up. I finished the baby blanket, so at least that's done. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Happy Friday!!!

This morning I did another oldie. Actually one that I've never done before, Circuit Max. I liked it. I was a sweaty mess by the time I was done.

DH comes home today... YEAH!! Bad thing is he might have to head back to Ladysmith next week again.

Sam - WTG on the heavy weights for deadlifts and then 3 sets of 12 on top of it. Glad you got your blanket done.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.