Buff Badgers Dec. 1 - Dec 5

susanz

Cathlete
Hi ladies! My weekend was busy and fun with too much food!Yesterday I was so tired, I overslept and did not workout. Today was Piyo.

I have been reading a book called Practical Paleo. It has so much information about so much stuff! It's about clean eating, whole foods, how your body reacts to stuff, etc... I really like it and there is A Lot more to read!

Take care friends~

Morning,

Sorry I was MIA last week, just really busy on my vacation getting ready for Thanksgiving. Was able to get all my workouts in though. Monday was XTrain Super Cuts, sure gets those legs good on that one, and yesterday was my rest day.

Susan, WTG on the Piyo workout. I can relate to the tired, the weekend really was busy. Glad to see that you are getting some really good info from the book, I'm not sure how I feel about the Paleo stuff.

Have a great day!

Today was an hour of Pilates. My body just doesn't want to do any impact the past few days. :)
I am interested int he Paleo, but not sure I could do it all the time. She also has a book called 21 Day Sugar Detox that I am getting from the library.

Good Morning!
Thought I'd touch base to say Hi and to see how everyone's weekend was. My workouts have been consisting of my exercises for PT. At least every other day I've been doing upper body toning with the blue resistance band. I've been doing 3 different exercises for each upper body part with high reps. I've been doing 50 push ups off the bed. At least that is helping my upper body feel somewhat worked. I have PT tonight. I asked if a goal to be cane free by Christmas was too aggressive and she said not really. I've been working hard but also trying not to over do it on building the strength back up in that hip. Over the Thanksgiving weekend I gradually cleaned our basement. We are finally done. Last of the furniture is being delivered tomorrow. We need to finish our shower but thought we'd wait for that because the material we want to use cost $$. Now I have lots of decorating to do. I think I may have mentioned this some time ago, but we have this huge huge wall and I'm not sure what to do with it. I wanted to do a wall mural but now that we're done and I look at it, I think it would be too much and too overwhelming. I was thinking of taking a picture of it and sending it to the lady I had met with to see if she has any suggestions on how we could still do what we want but not on the entire wall.

You both have been doing great on the workouts. I can't wait to get back to them. I'll get there one of these days. I'm not sure about Paleo either. Definitely don't think I could do it all the time. I discovered one thing over the past few weeks. Normally I always ate oatmeal, with 2 tbsp. of flax seed, 1 scoop of protein powder, and some fruit. Since I had surgery I've been having a protein drink and some fruit for breakfast and my tummy felt so much better. Yesterday I didn't feel like eating my salad for lunch so I decided to eat some oatmeal with the rest of the stuff thinking that maybe my tummy couldn't handle it in the morning. Not so much. My tummy hurt so bad after I got done eating it. It took a while until it started feeling better. I'm taking oatmeal off my list of things to eat. It was even gluten free and that didn't make a difference.

Glad everyone seems to be doing well. Susan - your body is telling you something if you haven't been feeling like doing impact the past few days so its good that you are listening to it.

Take Care!
Brenda

Brenda, you are doing great! I have a feeling you will reach your goal with no problems! Keep it up.

Today was S90 total body. He doesn't do much biceps & triceps so I added those on after.

I am off tomorrow and this week was crazy so I am looking forward to it!:)

Morning Ladies,

Started the Meso 3 week of my rotation, so I have done the Chest and Back and Plyo Leg workout. I added on an ab workout from Tae Bo. Have been wanting to do more of my Tae Bo workouts lately, there is just something about the lower impact, but still getting a great burn. May have to try some of those workouts after this rotation is done next week.

Susan, Great job on the workouts. Let us know what you gather from the other book, I have seen so many different books on sugar detox, that one seems even harder to do than Paleo. :) Have a great time on your vacation. I will be off starting the 23rd, so I'm looking forward to it also. I'm guessing that you will be doing a lot of things to get ready for Christmas? Most of my shopping has been done on-line.

Brenda, Great job on the PT if you are shooting for no cane by Christmas. Sounds like you are doing what you are suppose to. Interesting about the oatmeal, I have not noticed that problem, but I would rather have a piece of wheat toast than oatmeal. :eek: My sister has been doing the protein drink for her breakfast and has lost over 20 lbs. Granted she has a lot of weight to take off, but she wasn't eating breakfast at all.

Have a great weekend!

Hi Ladies. Sorry I am MIA but life happens. I just haven't taken the time to post lately. Was very busy this evening helping my youngest with 2 projects and preparing for a test. I had planned to get on the elliptical but i knew the chance of that happening in the evening was slim.

The new workouts arrived today. I was so busy til i didn't even read the back cover.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.