Buff Badgers 7/10

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

I feel pretty good after our opening, just some sore feet. I'm sure the tiredness will hit me by the afternoon. :D But it was a great time for the faire.

I'm going to take it easy and do SS Premix #1, and probably take the girls and go on a bike ride.

I will be on vacation next week, and we are going out of town. I'm looking forward to some R&R. ;)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning BBs!
Laurie - was the Faire over before the storm arrived? We had 3.5 inches last check of the rain gauge. We also lost power for 3.5 hours. At least if it was nice we could have gone for a walk but sitting with no power and torrential rain was boring.

I haven't heard from Cynthia yet but now the 24th or 25th would work for me for a get together. DH is gone the week of the 17th and then the fist 2 weeks of August. Do either of those days work for BBs and Cynthia if she is reading this?

I did TJ Kick Punch and Jam this morning. Fortunately the power went on right before we went to bed.

Marie, we totally missed the weather. The rain storm didn't hit Kenosha until about 9:00 or so. We where on I94 for only a small portion of the downpour. We got off the freeway and headed toward the west. We think we had been able to go around the rain. :D But we sure did hear all the horror stories as we where heading toward the North. Had the radio on just in case.

24th and 25th are still open for me also.

Laurie

Marie - Sorry to hear you lost power for so long. That's a crummy way to end the weekend. :(

Laurie - Glad to hear opening weekend was a success aside from your sore feet. ;-) You deserve some R&R. Going anywhere or doing anything fun?

My SIL and 2 nephews from Atlanta are in town the week of 7/24 so I don't know if I can make it the 24th or 25th. I haven't seen them in 3 years and they already mentioned doing something together one of those 2 days. DH wants to go to Six Flags possibly. Unfortunately, I won't know for sure until they're in town and we see what they're up for after the long car ride (they arrive on Sunday, 7/23). Put me down as a "maybe".

Here was my workout schedule over the weekend:
Saturday - GS-BSB & Coremax #1
Sunday - Step Fit
Today - Musclemax

We saw Pirates of the Caribbean and went out to dinner for my birthday. I guess I'm in the minority but I didn't like this one as much as the first. Not as much humor and much creepier and dark. They definitely assumed you've seen the first movie with some of the jokes. It would have been nice to explain who some of the surprise characters were that showed up, too. Unless you've just watched the first movie, it's hard to remember who they were. Special effects were great. We took the kids to see it and aside from some scary sea monster scenes, it was fine for them to watch.

Here's a recipe to share. I brought this in today for a birthday treat. Very good and quick to make. :9 It's almost gone.

Makeover Toffee Crunch Dessert (from Taste of Home's Light & Tasty magazine)
1 1/2 c. skim milk
(1) 1 oz. pkg sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
(2) 8 oz. cartons fat free Cool Whip, thawed
(4) 2.1 oz. Butterfinger candy bars (I bought a package of 6 so had 2 leftover)
(1) 16 oz. prepared angel food cake (I bought 2 pre-made from the store since they were only 8 oz. each and had 1/4 cake leftover. One cake would have been too skimpy.)

In large bowl, whisk milk and pudding for 2 minutes and then let stand 2 minutes to thicken. Add in approx. 2 cups of Cool Whip to pudding and mix. Fold in rest of Cool Whip. Cut cake into cubes. Crush candy bars into small pieces. In a 9x13 pan coated with Pam, layer 1/2 of cake, 1/2 of pudding/Cool Whip mixture, 2 crushed candy bars. Repeat. Chill at least 2 hours and serve. Yummy!

Have a great day!

Sue

Hi Everyone!

Marie, what timing. I finally got to the internet. The 24th or 25th would be fine. I'll give you a call this week. I should have access to a car. Where does everyone want to go?

Not getting many workouts in. I was going to join a club for a month, but I didn't think I could get there as often as I would like. So i am doing my SIL's Firms and such. Boring! But I guess it's better than nothing.

Enjoying the beautiful weather.

Take Care!

Cynthia

Cynthia - when do you go back?

Sue - what other dates would work for you if not the 24th or 25th? I could do other nights but Laurie has softball one of the other nights. The 31st is a possible. DH leaves that day but I need to find out when and if I need to drive him. Otherwise I might be able to do a night when DH is gone but would only be able to stay a little bit. When he is gone, I need to walk the dog and do the watering etc so not much extra time plus dog gets a little nutty.

DH says Tuesday (7/25) would be better for a GTG. Six Flags and any other plans while his sis is here are as firm as Jell-o. :)

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.