Buff Badgers 5/4

Pedmom

Cathlete
Morning ladies!

I am almost done with my deck, thanks to the "no rain" weather we've had. Yipee! I'll get the final coat of paint on the floor today. I'm so glad it's almost done. It took just about 18 hours to do it all. Yikes!

So I have to do that, and DS has a baseball game. I must go-I've skipped the last few to work on the deck. So probably no workout today, unless I can muster up the energy to maybe walk on the TM after the game. Doubtful though, since it will be after 7pm when I get home, and I'm tired.

Tired because I have become an Alias addict! I got season one from Netflix; finished it last night. What a neat show. I had never seen an episode before. Watching tv this way is so much more fun than waiting week to week lol.

Speaking of which, anyone else watch Lost? I think Sue does? OMG what a stunning episode last night!!! I guess the show's producers don't like drunk driving!
Jill

Hi Jill and all those who follow! Glad you are finally getting the deck done Jill! I bet it looks great!

The Doctor called and said I do have heel spurs. She said it's a degenrative disorder along the lines of arthritis. They don't go away. You have to learn to manage them. If the pain doesn't subside over the next 3 weeks then I go and have it shaved off a bit. No running or high impact for those 3 weeks. After that she recommends only 2-3 days a week of high impact. She did say to go buy new exercise shoes! She recommends those Air Shox or whatever they are.

So today I will walk for 45 minutes and do some Pilates. Last night I did PUB and really pushed myself. Today I am sore! :eek:

Have a great day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today will be and easy 3 Mile run and some abs. I'm thinking of doing the ones from CTX Kickbox. The planks in this one are different than her other ab exercises. Yesterday on my 3 mile I tried increasing my speed to better my time. I did the 3 miles in 29:15. And my legs felt great!

Jill, looks like another nice day for you to finish up that deck. Have fun at the baseball game. I love watching my DD's when they play sports. Guess I get that from my Mom. She was at all our home games cheering us on. :D

Susan, The shaving of the heel spurs sounds painful. Hope that it gets better and you don't have to go through that.

Have a great day!

Laurie

OMG Susan-that sounds so painful. I am still dealing with a neuroma in my foot. We just signed my podiatrist up as a client. When I go meet with him, I'm going to have him give me a second cortisone shot. I am delaying surgery as long as possible. I can't even think about it right now, since I'm hoping to move sometime in the near future.

Speaking of which, I am apparently late to the housing party. I've only had one showing in seven weeks. The whole market here is just completely dead. All the houses are for sale that have been up since mine went up, some much longer. Ugh. What a pain. I just want to get moving on!

Laurie, I enjoy watching the kids, too. I don't have many more years left since Taylor is finishing his sophomore year now. *sniff sniff* I've often wondered what I'll do with all the free time I'll have once he's in college and I'm not driving all over Walworth County watching him play sports lol.

Jill

Susan - sorry to hear the DX and that it is something you need to live with. Maybe try googling to find out more about them and things that might help. When I had PF, I happened to get a catalog from a company called Footsmart. They had lots of things for foot issues.

Jill - Glad the deck project is coming to an end. I am sure that is quite a workout - although more upper body.

I continue to struggle getting up (waking up with dry eyes worse than usual) but did get another short workout in. I did the strength part of Biggest Loser. Not a lot of moves but major muscles and slow enough that you can go heavy.

I am torn what to do about the landscape plan. The guy that did the plan obviously has all the plants but I have mixed feelings about him. Right now he is annoying me. I went out there on Monday to see a plant but he was gone. He called me and said he didn't have time to get me the info that day but he would email me Tuesday. No email so I sent him one saying that the email didn't come through and could he re-send it. Well I got the response with some of the answers but no sorry for the delay or thanks or anything. And their prices are higher so not sure if it is worth paying more to be annoyed. I am looking at Hawks tonight to see how the plant size/quality compares. Sorry I needed to vent!

Friday is almost here! Got my haircut last night and I love it! Although I need to practice to get it to look more like what she did to it.

Hey Marie,

Vent away, last year when we where adding plantings and hauling stone we went to several nurseries just to find a place that had nice looking plants at a decent price. Your landscaping is going to look great!

Laurie

Jill, hopefully the housing market will speed up a little. Once school is done people usually start looking again. I will be crossing my fingers. :D

Laurie

Laurie - so where did you find nice plants at a decent price?

Jill - I am sure the market will start to pick up and more people will be out looking at houses now that school is coming to a close. And you have this beautifully refinished deck to entice those buyers!

Thanks you guys! I hope you're right! It's just weird how nobody is even LOOKING, let alone offering to buy. I think my house looks good-I don't get it. If anyone is interested, you can see the listing at shorewest.com, MLS 818252.

Marie, Hmmmm I'm not much of a landscape person. Wish I could help. I understand your frustration, though. You are paying this guy good money and should get good service! He "didn't have time for you"? HUH?

Oh, funny you mentioned the deck work being upper body work. After the first day, when I worked for 6 hours, my quads were VERY sore. I haven't had doms like that in a LONG time. The deck is 9 feet off the ground, so I painted the whole thing from standing on top of it. I had to kneel down, reach my hand through the railing, blindly paint the outside edges, then stand up and look over the top to make sure I got it all. A LOT of up and down is what apparently gave me the doms.

I'm going to do the final coat at noon. I'll be so happy to be done. My mom's coming out to go to DSs game tonight, so she'll be the first to see it. :)

Check this out---this is what it looked like before, taken in process. I hadn't done the floor yet. That is how icky the whole deck looked! This is the railings without the second coat of paint. It's blinding now in the sun lol.
000_0248.jpg

Marie, the place is called Action Garden Center in New Berlin. Large selection of plants and they where big plants for the price.

Laurie

Laurie - We bought a tree from them last year. They don't seem to be carrying as many varieties this year which is too bad becaue it is a nice place.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.