BUFF BADGERS 10/07 - 10/11

susanz

Cathlete
Hi Ladies! Well, I started my new rotation using Cathe's new workouts on Saturday. I did Knockout and really liked it though I still think KPC is still my favorite. Sunday I did the 1st premix of X10. This was using Cardio Blast and Hi/Lo. It was tough and I have to wonder when I will be able to do the entire workout! :eek:

Last night I had a hard time sleeping so after work I am doing Great Glutes. :) Looks like it'll be a bun-burner!

I am looking forward to all these new workouts! Hope you all had a great weekend~ Susan

Good Morning!

Saturday I did BM2 Cardio Blast. Sunday was my rest day. Today I started STS Mesocycle 3 Chest and Back. Had a good workout. Good strength.

This weekend I finished sewing a scrub top for a gal that I work with who's trying to find a job in her medical field. I gave it to her this morning and she loved it. The pattern was for breast cancer awareness.

I did preview X10 over the weekend and they look like awesome workouts!!

Hi Susan - Welcome back. I agree with you on Rockout Knockout, KPC is still my fav. I liked ROKO but I think my expectations were so high that I was slightly disappointed when I did it. I still liked it and had fun with it but not like I had hoped. I'll get into the new workouts once I finish STS.

Make it a great day!!
Brenda

Good morning! Saturday was PR Step #1 again. I was going to do #2 but I really wanted to master the footwork in #1 and try it on a higher step this time. No workout on Sunday.

Saturday we went to a housewarming party for some friends who just moved in to our neighborhood, and yesterday was just bumming around the house and watching football.

I just finished my first Phase 3 workout from D2S. It was really tough (those darn rear-foot elevated split squats are back :mad:), but I liked the faster pace of it. There were also more compound moves which make things a bit more interesting, and even some squat jumps at the end. Oh, and classic, heavy deadlifts, which I love. I'm definitely going to have butt DOMS tomorrow :)

Brenda- I think a lot of people feel that way about RK. I'm in the minority as someone who likes it better than KPC, though I will agree the combos in KPC are more fun.

Susan- Welcome back! I think I'm going to try some of X10 tomorrow. I've only previewed it, and it definitely looks the toughest of the new workouts.

Have a great day, everyone.

Sam---welcoming new neighbors sounds like fun.

Susan---it's good to see you check in. Hope you are doing well. I only ordered the new Party Rockin step workouts, even though I have tried them yet. I've been too focused on my running lately.

I ran 3 miles on Saturday and got in another 3 miles this evening with DH. I am doing the 3 miles in 32 minutes so I think I am coming along. We have a 1.5 mile route in our neighborhood that we follow and usually just run it twice. My 5k is the first weekend in November so I do feel that I will be ready. I may even try to increase my miles to 4 right after the 5k or shortly before then.

Good Afternoon!

I have to make this fairly quick. Yesterday was insane at work and my computer at home was not working decent, which is why I didn't check in yesterday.

Yesterday I did Tabatacise all 5 levels. Today was plyo Legs from Mesocycle 3. Workouts went well.

Have to leave work for a while today to go to a funeral so I'm working through my lunch, which is why I have to make this quick.

Everyone have a great day!
Brenda

Hello! Yesterday was my birthday, and I intended to do a really fun workout, but the day ended up getting packed with so much other stuff that it didn't happen. Bryan got me The New Rules of Lifting for Women and a 25lb kettlebell! So, today when I did kettlebell swings in Phase 3 Strength 2, I got to use it instead of a 15lb dumbbell, which I had been stuck with (my heavier weights are powerblocks and impossible to hold correctly while swinging). It was awesome :D I felt it a lot more in my butt.

I also got Italian with my mom for lunch, had Chinese takeout for dinner, and plenty of other little treats like wine and a couple bites of a fancy cheesecake Bryan had bought me (I didn't have room for the rest!). Needless to say, all I've had today is some cereal and my protein shake :p The rest of my family will be coming over for a little get-together on Saturday, so my eating has to be pristine until then...;)

Brenda- I'm sorry you had to go to a funeral :( Pretty hardcore workouts the last two days!

Heartymax- That is a great pace! I would love to be able to run that fast!

Have a great day, everyone!

Sorry I didn't a chance to post yesterday, overslept then had a baby shower for a co-worker right after work. Was very tired when I finally got home. This morning I felt sick and I still do. Almost like the flu, headache, bodyaches, upset stomache. Ugh. Anyway, I watched the 2 Party Rocking Step workouts. I plan to do #2 tomorrow morning cause that one looks like an easier one to handle. I am saving #1(the dancier version) for Saturday when I have more time to rewind and re-do!:D

Heartymax, you are doing awesome with your running! I must admit I am very jealous!;)

Sam, happy belated birthday!:) Congrats on your new workout "toy"!

Brenda: I miss Tabatacise. I was actually thinking of my November rotation today, using the new workouts, with Tabatacise, To the Max, Cross Fire..

Have a good evening ladies! Will report back tomorrow! ~ Susan

Hello! This morning I did the first timesaver premix from PRS #2. It had four combos on it. It was a tough little workout (especially since I'm a bit out of shape cardio-wise)! Lots of impact, and #6 was more like a blast from an Imax than a regular combo. The choreography was much easier than PRS #1. I hope to do the whole thing soon.

Susan- Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. You're so good about working through sickness. I usually just throw in the towel.

I'm enjoying butt DOMS today from my kettlebell swings! Yay!

Have a great day, everyone.

Good Evening!

This morning I did Hardstrikes, Kickbox cardio from Rockout Knockout, and abs from the original BC and then the stretch from BC.

Sam - Happy Belated Birthday. I love getting workout toys for gifts. Love those DOMS. :)

Susan - Sorry your not feeling well. Hopefully it won't stick around long.

I have had a chance to preview the step workouts. I can't wait to try X10.

Have a great night!
Brenda

HI ladies. I slept in today to make sure I was feeling good when it came time to workout. I just finished PR2 a little while go. I did the whole thing and I LOVED it.:eek: It was easy to learn,(cause Cathe is such an awesome instructor) and fun to do. I was a sweaty mess when it was over! Tomorrow is Flex Train.:)

Brenda, you had a nice mix in your workout today! I was feelin gbetter today, though my tummy is still a bit uneasy.

Sam, I am glad you liked PR2 as well. I am anxious to do #1 this weekend. It kind of reminds me of Rhythmic Step.

Have a great evening~ Susan

Hello and happy Friday!

Today was D2S Phase 3 Strength 1. Only three weeks to go with D2S! I think I'll take at least a couple weeks to just do whatever I feel like, but then I'm going to try New Rules of Lifting for Women.

Susan- I'm glad to hear the whole thing was as much fun as the half I did. I'll have to do it this weekend.

Brenda- That's a nice kickbox workout you got in! I think I might do some X10 tomorrow and PRS 2 on Sunday... So many choices!

I'm in the middle of cleaning the house from top to bottom, then I'm going out for Mexican with DH, DS, and my MIL. Tomorrow my side of the family comes over for my mom's chance to spoil me for my BDay. Fried chicken, mac n' cheese, salad, and carrot cake! Nomnomnom!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.