Bryan Kest

Colia

Banned
Greetings!

Wondering if anybody out there has done or heard about the new Bryan Kest yoga tapes. I saw them on his website - they certainly seem to have a different packaging strategy than the last ones, and I am hesitant to purchase before any reviews. His initial three have been great for me, so complementary to Cathe's tough workouts.

Thanks and have a great weekend!
Colia

Not heard of him

But am always on the prowl for a different twist on yoga, so to speak. What looks good?

I had the last 3 series...

but I traded them because they were my first Power Yoga series and I didn't feel relaxed when I was doing them. If I want to work for strength, I'd rather do Pilates, Cathe or BodyPUMP. However, he was very good-looking in those tapes, I love his hair and I read somewhere he chopped it off in his new tapes.
Have fun with Brian!
Myra

Hi Colia! I didn't know that Bryan Kest came out with a new series of tapes. Haven't seen them in Collage. I only have his #2 tape on Tone and I find this one very challenging. I don't think I'll ever be able to graduate to the #3 Sweat tape. I hear that one's quite challenging even for Bryan. I didn't even know that Bryan had his own website. I'll have to check it out. Sorry I couldn't be of any help. Take care, Kathy

# 3 Sweat

Thanks to all the kind replies!

Kathy - I would try the #3 Sweat tape - it is very different from the #2 tape and not nearly as painful. That part where you are holding the deep lunge for what seems like an eternity kills me - there's nothing like that in #3. I think that Sweat moves at a faster pace and is more of a cardiovascular challenge and there are some quite difficult poses, but the challenges are very different than #2.

I guess we'll have to wait to see if some reviews pop up on VF. Have a great weekend one and all!

Cheers,
Colia

Hi Colia-

I ordered the new set, on impulse of course, I used to have the old ones but lost them in a move, so I couldn't wait to get the new ones. This was in March. About 2 weeks ago I got a notice saying they were on backorder and I have the choice to wait longer or cancel my order. I canceled because I was just tired of waiting. It hadn't said anything on the website about them being a pre-order or on back order. I'll just wait until they're at Borders or something.
I am curious to see if they really do exist and if anyone has gotten them! Anyone?
happy.gif

Sarah E.

Oh My Gosh!

Sarah, I thought you lost all your Cathe tapes in a move. I about had heart failure thinking of that! We are moving in about two weeks and I'll tell you what~~~NO ONE is going to move my Cathe tapes but me!! They will be in my possession the WHOLE time!! Can you tell I am a "little" over protective when it comes to my Cathe's?
happy.gif
Good Luck with your hunt.

DebbieH

Oh, Sorry Debbie!

I didn't mean to scare you. I'm getting ready to move too, and I'm planning on keeping my tapes in the car with me!
What happened was when I moved I couldn't find my Bryan Kest tapes and my roommate had done something with them. I went back to look for them and they said they thought they were sold in a garage sale or something. So my point is, I just had a yucky roommate, your tapes will be fine!
Sarah E.

#3 Sweat

Hi Colia! I only read your reply to me today. I'll definitely get #3 tape (you convinced me). I thought it was going to be much harder than #2. Have you tried traditional yoga? I was wondering if I should buy Total Yoga. I read some mixed reviews on it. What other yoga tapes have you tried? I tried Baron Bapiste. Not very good. Just shelved it. Let me know. Take care, Kathy

#3 sweat

I have this on the VF exchange for a while now.. send me a sase and its yours.. collecting dust in my house! I just am not that advanced of a Yoga person.. so it will do someone else alot more good than it can do me just staring at me from my video cabinet!

#3 Sweat

Hi Samanthaeve! I'd love to buy this tape off of you but unfortunately don't know what you mean you say "sase" so that's why I'm replying to you here. Please email me at [email protected] to find out my address and all the other details to work out. Thanks a lot! Kathy

Quelle surprise! An update....

Well I went to the Post Office today to pick up a package, and I had no idea what it was going to be, well...it was the new Bryan Kest tapes, that I ordered in March, and that I cancelled. Oh well, I guess they ignored that. I'm previewing them now, and they look pretty good. The box they were shipped in was covered with pictures of people doing yoga and the words "sculpt","tone" etc...that was a little embarrassing. But oh well, I just had to tell all of you, after this thread...I'll let you know more after I have a chance to try them!
Sarah E.

Yoga

Hi everyone! Just coming up for air from two weeks of living in the hospital. It is so thrilling to get responses to a query - thanks everyone!

To Kathy H. - I really haven't done many other yoga tapes - I got the Volume one from I think it's called Living Yoga (?) series with Patricia Walden - very slow, not a workout per se. I've not explored much else beyond that besides reading fairly carefully a book on power yoga by Beryl Bender Birch - this is an excellent book on technique that will prevent a lot of injuries, at least for me and my fragile knees. With this book you can learn the primary series of asanas and cooldown poses. I think it's titled "Power Yoga". I think this book is worth the investment if you really like doing yoga and want to understand the mechanics of the poses. She also talks a lot about how yoga can enhance various kinds of sports and heal sport-related injuries. As for videos, sorry I can't be of more help there.

Sarah - can't wait to hear how you like the new Kest tapes - keep us posted!

Have a great week everyone
happy.gif

Colia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.