Brazilian Butt Lift....How r u using this program JUST Curious

amsterjo

Cathlete
I recently started the BBL Dvd's and truly love most all of the workous, I am also doing Kickboxing and Kettlebell workouts.

For those of you who are doing BBL , how are you doing the program? Only BBL or incorporating other workouts. Just curious????

Mixing it up, for sure..... I have too many fun workouts to stick with one program. :D Mostly I try to get BB and H&T in once a week and beyond that, I just mix others (like Cardio Axe and Sculpt) in when I feel like it. I'm combining these with Tonique, some Shock Cardio, kettlebell once in a while. Just a big variety.

Last month I chose a BBL rotation and did it as produced adding in some extra cardio and a once weekly upper body only work out.

This month I am winging it and just mixing it all up but different BBL work outs are definitely still included atleast a couple times per week.

I love this program and fully intend to do another as produced rotation in the future! I feel it works well for me and Leandro cracks me up!!! :D

I am mixing it up also, so many different workouts that I finD it hard to just do one series. Bitmover .....What do you think of tonique series?

I like Tonique a lot, but I can't seem to make myself do the standing workouts (there's one that's all mat) more than once / week. I know someone who's had fantastic results using it three times a week. It's a tough workout -- unweighted legs (well, holding light weights and working the arms simultaneously) -- lots of squats and lunge variations. I started doing them soon after I started BBL, so I can't say which for sure, but my husband definitely noticed a difference in my backside surprisingly soon. So, I did something like this:

Day 1: BBL BB and H&T
Day 2: Hiit + some upper body
Day 3: Tonique Mat
Day 4: a total body workout
Day 5: Tonique standing
Day 6: some non-HIIT shock cardio

I got BBL about 2 weeks ago, and decided to do one of the standard rotations and stick with it for 4 weeks. I am doing the "too big solution." Anyway I am quite pleased as I can already see a difference and I've only been using it for this short time. My jeans are fitting better already. I also find the BBL workouts generally fun and inspiring which helped me clean up my diet at the same time, as I felt more motivated overall. After the 4 weeks are up I haven't decided yet whether to do another standard BBL rotation or just mix it in with my other workouts. I will probably mix it in with my existing workouts for a while but I will definitely keep doing it, and probably do another 4 week stint of it in the near future because I really like the results.

I just ordered this from Mary and thought I'd try to do one of the prescribed rotations as well, adding in extra cardio and one upper body workout. I'll wait and see how I feel once I look everything over. I've eyed BBL for a long, long time and finally caved. I'm every frugal about my fitness purchases now and can't purchase like I used to, so I'm hoping that I love this!

For those of you doing BBL without adding anything else. Do you think there is enough cardio?

By the way, I have the deluxe kit coming so I may try to figure out a way to incorporate those workouts instead of waiting for the last week.

I'm following it for 90 days (did you know those women in the infomercial actually did it for 90 days?). Today is my last day of the first four weeks. I might have lost a couple of inches because my size 6 goal jeans feel really good - it's what I use to measure progress when my scale has an attitude problem.

For the first month I followed it to a T (the pear - Slim & Shape). I might do it again, but I'm thinking of doing the Slim & Lift instead. Every week I write on my wall calendar my workout schedule. bbl schedule is written in first and this time around I am going to use other dvd's for Sculpt and Cardio Axe. Hight & Tight, bum bum, and tummy tuck are non-negotiable - no subs. I'm doing those three exactly as Leandro advised.

I just ordered this from Mary and thought I'd try to do one of the prescribed rotations as well, adding in extra cardio and one upper body workout. I'll wait and see how I feel once I look everything over. I've eyed BBL for a long, long time and finally caved. I'm every frugal about my fitness purchases now and can't purchase like I used to, so I'm hoping that I love this!

For those of you doing BBL without adding anything else. Do you think there is enough cardio?

By the way, I have the deluxe kit coming so I may try to figure out a way to incorporate those workouts instead of waiting for the last week.

I don't think there is enough cardio. Cardio Axe made me sweat, but it's not high intensity. bum bum seems like cardio because you are moving at a fast pace, but I don't count it as cardio. Leandro might, but I don't. I do other cardio like the treadmill, jump rope, HIIT, tae bo, etc.

geez! all of these positive responses about this workout makes me REALLY want to order it. I haven't yet because I have SOOOOOO many other dvds. Are you all finding that the results are better for your legs doing workouts like these (little or no weight) vs. traditional lifting styles like cathe?

I hate to say it, because I love Cathe, but yes, I think my lower body looks better with this and Tonique style training. I have huge quads, and Cathe's weight work just seems to accentuate it. This work is much more focused on the backside. I have thought about going back and doing some of the Cathe lower body work unweighted to see how it compares, but so far I've not done that.

I currently about 2 weeks away from my first 1/2 marathon.....i intend on incorporating BBL into my 1/2 marathon training schedule....then using it for 2 weeks alone while recouping from the race.

I have a small flat butt, so will follow that schedule. I start Monday!

I didn't realize that they had rotations for each body type. I may have to look into this more. Is it anything like butts and guts? I have it but don't use it because I don't like it. Thanks.

I don't like Butts & Guts either. I don't like strength training in general but I know how important it is to get it mixed in with my cardio. I hope this will be just enough to boost my metabolism & create the tight lean muscles I am looking for!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.