Brazilian Blowout

zola1

I am 54, have had curly thick hair all of my life. I have straightened it chemically in the past, blow dried, and flat ironed it. It never looks staight to me. I have read about BB and I am ready to try it. I have also read the pros and cons about the product, but I am still want to give it a try. Has anyone here have had it done? How do you like it? Was it worth it?

Melissa

I have done it twice and loved the results.
My hair is also very thick and curly add that to the humidity of the Outer Banks & there is no such thing as a good hair day. The salon I went to does them near in a well ventilated area and offers a small fan if the fumes bother you and will only schedule a few each week. I noticed on the brazilian blowout website there is also a new formula called zero.

I have done it twice & I really love it. The new product without the formalhadyle (spelling) takes twice as long & my hairdresser won't use it.

It lasted on my hair almost 1 year which is really great. It leaves your hair feeling so soft & shiney but no frizz which is great

Karen

Thank Carol and Karen for your responses. I didn't realize the product stay on your hair for a year without frizz. I have read that it only lasts up to 12 weeks, and the more you do it the longer it lasts. A whole year is definately a plus. The salon I am going to have it done does provide masks. Is the irritation to eyes real bad? I have made my appointment for the 29th, and can't hardly wait.

The eye irritation was not bad at all. The fan they provided kept the smell from being overwhelming and I didn't think it was as bad as being in the salon with a perm at the next station. Good luck. I would love to see the before and after.
Carol

I will try to get hairdresser to take before and after pics. Carol is your hair really straight now? I mostly want hair that is manageable, but looks like it has body. Not stick straight.

My hair still has all of it's natural curl. At the salon, they guessed it was about 40 percentage less curly. I can wear it either way. I wished I has taken a picture the day before to compare for myself. The most dramatic difference was how much easier it was to style.

My eyes did not get irritated by the product at all & I wear contacts. I guess it depends on the individual.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.