Boxing

Murphymax

Cathlete
Hi, everyone, any suggestions for a boxing focused DVD? I have all of Cathe's boxing/kickboxing DVDs, one of KCM, I believe it is Trim Down and Amy Bento Kickbox Extreme.

My preference is more of a boxing focused DVD than kickboxing. Thank you!!

I like Susan Chung Rapid Fire #3 and #4. I don't have her first 2 but love the ones I have. Also like Patrick Goudeau w/Heather Corndord Kickbox burn. Time flys by in that one and I really like Heather.

Amy Bento Rumble is basically pure boxing (even has a heavy bag segment). Just be on notice that I need to wear weighted gloves and add some jumping jacks during transitions in order to feel like I'm getting a tough enough workout (or I guess you could do it "as is" for a day when you need a lighter workout). All that said, I do still like this one.

KCM's Train Like a Contender is an excellent and solid boxing workout (with toning and abs thrown in as well). I also feel like KCM's 30 Mins to Fitness: Kickbox (the original from several years ago) is more boxing heavy than kicking heavy. I really enjoy her style and feel you can't go wrong with any of her workouts.

Happy shopping!

Lisa

I like Susan Chung Rapid Fire #3 and #4. I don't have her first 2 but love the ones I have. Also like Patrick Goudeau w/Heather Corndord Kickbox burn. Time flys by in that one and I really like Heather.
Firemedic, when I have previewed her workouts they do not look like they move very quickly, enough to keep the heart rate up. Do you feel like you get a good workout? This is probably a silly question bc I think anyone on Cathe's forum is looking for a good workout.

Thanks for your feedback, Firemedic!

Amy Bento Rumble is basically pure boxing (even has a heavy bag segment). Just be on notice that I need to wear weighted gloves and add some jumping jacks during transitions in order to feel like I'm getting a tough enough workout (or I guess you could do it "as is" for a day when you need a lighter workout). All that said, I do still like this one.

KCM's Train Like a Contender is an excellent and solid boxing workout (with toning and abs thrown in as well). I also feel like KCM's 30 Mins to Fitness: Kickbox (the original from several years ago) is more boxing heavy than kicking heavy. I really enjoy her style and feel you can't go wrong with any of her workouts.

Happy shopping!

Lisa

Lisa, thank you so much for the suggestions. I will definitely check them out!

Firemedic, when I have previewed her workouts they do not look like they move very quickly, enough to keep the heart rate up. Do you feel like you get a good workout? This is probably a silly question bc I think anyone on Cathe's forum is looking for a good workout.

Thanks for your feedback, Firemedic!
Yes my heart rate is up. She has 2 modifiers. One is less impact and the other is a man doing more higher impact/advanced moves. Rapidfire #3 even has tabats in it along with some minimal weight work. I prefer Rapidfire #4, I find it harder and more fun. Both have premixes. She's different than Cathe but gives great instruction because of her level of blackbelt. Hope this helps. I've been reading some of the others responses and looking into them for myself. Good luck:)

I agree w/ Firemedic. I have all of Susan Chung's (4) workouts and I love them all. Her level of expertise is outstanding and it shows! She teaches classes and it shows! She knows how to get the heart rate up and keep it there. 2 of her wkouts also have a bonus bag segment. I would highly recommend ANY of her wkouts. I burn a lot of calories and feel a decent total body burn and pleasantly fatigued after. LOVE THEM. I also LOVE kickboxing!

Yes my heart rate is up. She has 2 modifiers. One is less impact and the other is a man doing more higher impact/advanced moves. Rapidfire #3 even has tabats in it along with some minimal weight work. I prefer Rapidfire #4, I find it harder and more fun. Both have premixes. She's different than Cathe but gives great instruction because of her level of blackbelt. Hope this helps. I've been reading some of the others responses and looking into them for myself. Good luck:)

Firemedic, this is really helpful. Thank you!

I agree w/ Firemedic. I have all of Susan Chung's (4) workouts and I love them all. Her level of expertise is outstanding and it shows! She teaches classes and it shows! She knows how to get the heart rate up and keep it there. 2 of her wkouts also have a bonus bag segment. I would highly recommend ANY of her wkouts. I burn a lot of calories and feel a decent total body burn and pleasantly fatigued after. LOVE THEM. I also LOVE kickboxing!

TLC93, thank you so much for the feedback. I will definitely be checking out her DVDs. I have a birthday coming up and I think I have a list of DVDs to give to my hubby for birthday ideas ;)

Murphymax don't forget to check out "total fitness " when you buy. They have a great return policy! Even if you used the dvd! Plus the 10% off!

Murphymax don't forget to check out "total fitness " when you buy. They have a great return policy! Even if you used the dvd! Plus the 10% off!

Oh, my gosh, tlc93, how sweet are you. Yes, I am definitely a total fitness customer. Thank you for having my back. :)

Kelly Coffey Meyer and Susan Chung are great options. TLC has been mentioned but also consider the boxing only premix on KCM'a Trim Down. She is filming at the end of the week another boxing workout. :)

Kelly Coffey Meyer and Susan Chung are great options. TLC has been mentioned but also consider the boxing only premix on KCM'a Trim Down. She is filming at the end of the week another boxing workout. :)

Gibbee, thanks for the heads up that KCM is filming a new boxing workout. Yay! I have Trim Down and love the boxing only premix. Thanks to the feedback from this post, I ordered TLC and 30 min to fitness Kickboxing. KCMs step kickboxing looked interesting to me as well. That is on my wish list as well as Amy Bentos Rumble.

Susan Chung's workouts looked good; however, I am looking more for the boxing versus the kickboxing. I am dealing with a hip issue and those round house and side kicks are brutal at the moment. :(

I would love for Cathe to do a DVD that incorporated all of the bag workouts from her various boxing/kickboxing workouts. I will keep my fingers crossed. :)

In Susan Chung's Rapidfire #4, the second half of the workout is boxing only. You move you feet but no kicking. It's more moving in ways that boxers do. I know it may be stupid to buy a dvd for just half a workout, but I just thought I would let you know.

In Susan Chung's Rapidfire #4, the second half of the workout is boxing only. You move you feet but no kicking. It's more moving in ways that boxers do. I know it may be stupid to buy a dvd for just half a workout, but I just thought I would let you know.

Firemedic, I appreciate the feedback. I have heard so much about Susan Chung, on this forum, and would like to try one of her workouts. This would be a good place to start even if it was only for part of the workout. I could use it as an add on. Thanks, again!

She is filming at the end of the week another boxing workout. :)

Thanks, Gibbee! I never seem to know when KCM is filming. I rely on friendly helpers like you to keep me on top of Kelly's latest releases. :) Looks like she'll start taking pre-orders for her two newest videos on 3/22/15. Yay!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.