Bowflex

I am a personal trainer and I use a Bowflex for my personal workouts and my clients as well. I really like the machine. I have had no problems with it and it is nice and sturdy. I bought the additional lat pulldown attachment which increases your exercise options. My only complaints are that the power rods come in increments of 5#. Sometimes, this is too much weight when increasing the intensity for certain exercises. Other than that, I love the machine and my clients seem to like it as well. I do not use it exclusively though--I mix it up between the Bowflex and free weights.

Another staisfied customer here. I have a bad back and find that I feel much safer with the bowflex than with free weights for back and chest work. I even do Cathe tapes with it. I'm glad I paid a bit more and got the sliding seat (for leg press and other things) and the lat pull-down bar (for back, etc.) Putting it together was tougher than learning new Cathe choreography, so be prepared.
--Ann

My BF has a bowflex and I use it on weekends, IMO, it rocks! I love mixing it w/my dumbell and barbell routines. I believe that by incorporting it, my muscles are given a new workout and kept 'interested,' if you will. Love that Lat bar!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.