Botox?

Jennifit

Cathlete
Has anyone tried Botox? What are your thoughts?
I just looked in the mirror the other day and felt old :( I see lines that were not there and I am bummed about it! Are you happy or unhappy with the results of botox?

Thanks!!

I have not tried Botox, but have been pretty happy with my Renova prescription. Also, have you heard that "bangs are better than Botox"? I love my bangs! They're saving me a lot of $$.

Botox

I tried botox and hated it! Botox made my lids sag. It got rid of wrinkles but my friends said I looked really tired. I hate to spend $500. to look tired. If you hate wrinkles, I would recommend you see your dermatologist. There are lots of options these days including peels, fraxel lasers, thermage, derma fillers etc. Choose what is right for you! One thing I love is Silk Peel...it delivers your glycolic acid and moisturizer deeper and it feels wonderful. There is NO downtime.

I got botox about a month ago and I love it. I did not spend anywhere near 500 dollars either. It depends on where you live as to the cost. I had 15 units and paid $84. I tried the bangs but I look better without them so botox it is and really it is just an upkeep like coloring your hair imo.

LOVE Botox. Jamn, sounds like you had a bad experience, I'm so sorry! :( Anyway, I've been using it for years, but using it judiciously. Just a bit betw. the eyes, & a little above the brows, which actually lifts the lids a little. I pay a bit less than $500. LaDonna, do you have a connection or something? ;)

I wish I could wear bangs. My hair is too curly. :confused:

I got botox about a month ago and I love it. I did not spend anywhere near 500 dollars either. It depends on where you live as to the cost. I had 15 units and paid $84. I tried the bangs but I look better without them so botox it is and really it is just an upkeep like coloring your hair imo.

You must have connections. Prices vary from $10-15 per unit(usually toward the $15). You paid just above "cost" which is $6 per unit.

You must have connections. Prices vary from $10-15 per unit(usually toward the $15). You paid just above "cost" which is $6 per unit.
Yep I have an "in" with my dentist. :eek: I think it was around 7 a unit. Something like that. That is her first time charge but since I have been her dental patient since she opened she said she would keep me at that price but I don't think her normal cost is that much more.

I wish I could wear bangs. My hair is too curly. :confused:

I love the bang idea...but, with my curly hair - I would afro in a second :) Then, I would be posting about my hair!! ha ha

Thanks for ALL of your opinions! I don't think I want to spend that much money right now...I will look into other things, too! Getting old can be stinky! LOL

Hi Jennifit!!

I had botox for the wrinkles around my eyes about 2 months ago and am waiting not-so-patiently for it to wear off....:(

It did exactly what my ps told me it would: get rid of the wrinkles around my eyes, but accentuate the line under my eye when I smiled. Now I hate how my eyes look when I smile to the point where I've been trying not to smile. And that is what everyone has noticed: that I'm not smiling as much as I used to. And that makes me very sad to the point that I'm looking forward to seeing my wrinkles again. Never thought I'd ever say that!!!! ;)

That being said, fillers (Juviderm and/or Radiesse) are well worth every one of my pennies!!! :D

LOL!!! Thanks Jennifit. I will more than likely never do botox again. Just wasn't for me.

Moving on to fillers...

Jennifit, I do not know if you can use fillers around the eyes. Maybe someone else will chime in with some input.

I have not had my lips done, Catherine, but the woman that does my injections has and they look so fabulously natural, it's tempting.

I have had juviderm injected into my nasal labial folds and the corners of my mouth. I had it done in April and I am really happy with the results. All of the women in my family have the folds and the corners of their mouths droop down, making them look like they are constantly frowning...:(. My sister refers to it as "cabbage patch face".

Hmmmm...yeah, not ready to look like a cabbage patch kid yet..:eek:

I have not had my lips done, Catherine, but the woman that does my injections has and they look so fabulously natural, it's tempting.

I have had juviderm injected into my nasal labial folds and the corners of my mouth. I had it done in April and I am really happy with the results. All of the women in my family have the folds and the corners of their mouths droop down, making them look like they are constantly frowning...:(. My sister refers to it as "cabbage patch face".

Hmmmm...yeah, not ready to look like a cabbage patch kid yet..:eek:

My mom has that frowning thing going on too and I sooooo don't wanna look that way. Hmmmm,....

Melissa, the 'tox will probably wear off from your eyes faster than it would from other parts of your face. Supposedly repetitive movement makes it wear off, so smile a lot. :)

I use a filler under my eyes, & whatever's left over goes into the labial folds. I have major hollows under my eyes--I actually noticed when I saw the pics from last year's RT--EEK! So I asked my doc what could be done about it, fully expecting to go under the knife. I was very pleased to find fillers did the trick. But you have to be VERY CAREFUL when it comes to the doc who does it. Many who do fillers don't do under the eye b/c it's a really tricky procedure & can go terribly wrong if done incorrectly.

Anyway, those are my "needles in the face" stories & yes, all this stuff is in my annual budget. :D

I did Botox for the first time three weeks ago and Restylane four days ago and I'm so glad I did. The botox was in between the eye area. 25 units at $15 per unit. I have very heavy eleven lines in that area. It relaxed it quite bit. I can still tell I have it but no where near has heavy or tight as before. It also gave me a little bit more natural looking eye brow arch.

The Restylane is a filler that was used in the nasal labial folds and a little around the mouth area. Again folds are not as pronounced. The filler is suppose to last 6 to 9 months. Botox lasts 3 months or so, and I know I want to do the Botox again.

I am turning 50 in late August and wanted to freshen up my look a little. I like the results so far. I too have the hollow area under the eyes and thought about possibly injecting a little restylane in that area next time.

Just my experience.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.