BodyRx and Cathe tapes

Lynjap

Cathlete
Hi Guys!
After a LONG abscence I have now got time on my hands to browse again! I am trying to do this Body Rx plan and i would like to know how you use Cathe vids for this. I am on cycle one and have been using the S&H series but only doing 6 reps as high as could go with the weights. Do you do all 8 reps, 3 sets with Cathe or 5 sets, 6 reps as the BodyRx routine?
I would appreciate any help at all!

By the way, Debbie H, how's the elbow????

Lynne

Hi Lynn! I'm using Cathe's S&H series as I'm also in Cycle 1, Week 3. I'm using the heaviest weight that I can using excellent form but eeking out 6-8 reps/3 sets. On some exercises, however, such as w/shoulders I'll do the posterior delt bent over and in the slow and heavy fashion that Cathe does. Same thing for back. For legs I've been mixing it up each week 1st week Leaner Legs, 2nd week PS Strong Legs and this 3rd week S&H Legs. Its amazing to me how much weight I'm using than Cathe and reaching failure by the 6th or 8th rep. I think I'm going to stick to S&H for all the cycles but I may have to look at MIS to see just what exercises Cathe uses on this tape. I'm going to do my weight lifting exactly as is mapped out according to the book. Its scary to think of what weights we'll be using by the final cycle!! Good luck and let me know how you make out. Kathy

I do the S&H with all 8 reps. I find that for legs, I just can't hold enough weight to exhaust my legs on 6 reps. I loaded my barbell to 60lbs..my arms can't get much more safely over my head!!! I went up on the pre-exhaust stuff but that doesn't seem to get em' either!!

How do you all go heavy enough to get the absolute exhaustion out of 6 sets???

I just don't think there is much of a difference between 6 and 8 reps. I think with Cathe you kindof have to stay at 8 seeing as though you are not working on machines where you can really up the poundage. I understand now what Mr. Connolly is talking about when he shuns at home workouts..for some exercises you really do need the powerlifting apparatus' in the gyms..atleast for the strength rotation.

Janice

Thanks for the info guys!
Kathy - I know what you mean re" weights and reps etc, to be honest, I never thought about MIS - must give that an airing!

Yep - Naughtjo - He does seem to scowl at home workouts doesn't he!
thanks again
Lynne ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.