Body Fat Percentage photos

Dela

Cathlete
I thought this was an interesting article/blog piece, it helps visualize with photos for men and women what body fat percentages look like. I know my percentage comes in much higher than I would have thought it is, but looking at the pics, I guess it's not so far off, but probably not quite as high as that scale said it is :confused:.

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

Very helpful. Thanks for sharing. I can definitely see that I am different above the waist than below the waist.

Very interesting Dela. I was wrong in guessing. I thought the low people should be lower and the above 20 should be higher. Melissa

I wonder why it said that there is no need to visually represent body fat percentages over 30% - it's like if you have more than 30% body fat you are such a fat cow there's no hope for you and you're too gross to contemplate visually.

I wonder why it said that there is no need to visually represent body fat percentages over 30% - it's like if you have more than 30% body fat you are such a fat cow there's no hope for you and you're too gross to contemplate visually.

I had this same reaction, I thought it was an obnoxious thing to write!

The pictures were helpful in making me realize how low I DON'T want to go in body fat percentage. Low 20's is about the lowest I would feel good at.

Thanks for posting this, it is helpful to see.
I'd like to be 18-20, but I think I'm more in between 20 and 25.

I thought it was interesting that the writer pointed out that the lowest % woman is 'probably on steroids and flexing' (I wouldl never have guessed she was flexing otherwise, LOL!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.