Body Beast?

I too bought Beast for my DH. He is so good about doing all my female oriented workouts like STS, Chalene Extreme, Slim in Six, etc. I figured it was his turn.

There are three phases to this workout, Build Phase lasting 3 weeks, Bulk Phase lasting 5 weeks and Beast Phase lasting 4 weeks. We just completed week four of Bulk Phase. I have lost 10 pounds of fat and gained about 2 pounds of muscle so far. I love STS but I never got these kinds of results with it. The major difference between STS and Beast is that Beast concentrates on only one body part at a time. You use drop sets, forced sets and progressive sets to totally exhaust that body part. In bulk phase, for instance, your week looks like this:

Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Arms
Thursday: Abs/Cardio
Friday: Back
Saturday: Shoulders
Sunday: Off

The workouts are short, less than 45 minutes, but intense. I usually do a cardio workout following the Beast workout. Right now I’m addicted to The Addiction series, MMA using a heavy bag. I know to bulk up you shouldn’t do cardio, but I’m not trying to look huge, just the opposite, I’m trying to lean out and so far this program is working for me. As for my husband, he is definitely putting on muscle, especially in his shoulders and arms.

One last thought, in my opinion no one in the industry does legs as well as Cathe; however, Sagi comes in at a very close second. His quadzilla leg workout will make you cry! I have to recommend this series.

I just ordered through Mary since everyone here trusts her and I'd sure like to keep giving her credit. Plus, I want the free DVD by ordering through her. I also added on the Tempo DVD. Why not? It's my Christmas present!

I just ordered Body Beast also. You guys talked me into it. I can't wait to get it. I have done 4 rounds of STS and feel like I want something different. You guys make it sound good.

Jean

Hmmmm this loos like the perfect 'gift' for my DH!!!!:eek:

Who is Mary that LasVegasFit mentioned? Does anyone have her contact#?

Mary from Total Fitness DVDs.
Here is her BB page

Total Fitness DVDs Beachbody Products

Main website
Total Fitness DVDs - Your Total Source for Fitness

Don't let the cast and crew fool you....This program is for women too!
Many of us on the VF are seeing a lot of upper body definition.
I agree with the comment comparing Sagi's legs to Cathe's....Beast leg day is challenging!! I would not do Sagi's leg day with food in my stomach. I often feel nauseated.
What I like most about The Beast is that Sagi hits every muscle group hard in a very short time.
I'm going to restart the program and increase my calorie intake for more muscle growth.

DH and I are just getting started but I will post results. DH had crazy doms last week, but he's only really done P90X before this. Mine were not as bad, but I am an STS graduate ;). Program reminds me a bit of STS, but there is not 1RepMax testing. Wish there was as I am having a bit of a time figuring out which weights to pick. Since you repeat workouts, there is time to tweak!

body Beast

How much is the program? I'm also interested in doing STS, does STS include cardio and weights or how does the program work?

Shorty

I'm intrigued! After 4 rounds of STS, 3 rounds of P90X and 1 unfinished round of X2 (didn't like) I am always looking for something new ;)

My main concern is lack of cardio for 3 months and loss of cardio endurance. From what I've read so far, it appears there is only one day of cardio and while I know too much cardio can affect building muscle, it concerns me. For those doing the program, are you following it as intended or adding your own cardio?

Thanks!

LOL! I'm w/ ya ladubose, I think Beast would make a perfect gift for my hubby too :D But seriously, I've been eyeing this one for a couple months and have been talking myself out of it but y'all are making me want to get it :eek:

How Pull Up and Push Up intensive are these workouts?? Do you need any other equipment besides a barbell and dumbells??

I just completed Bulk Phase this morning, so I have one more phase to go which is a combination of Build and Bulk phases (like phase 3 of P90X). You need dumbbells, barbell and a bench or stability ball to complete this program. An E-Z bar would be nice but not necessary. My DH bought an EZ bar, not the one from Beachbody, but I'm just using dumbbells. You only do pull-ups during the back workout, and pushups during the chest workout. This is not like P90X where every other exercise is a pull-up or pushup. This is more like STS in that it concentrates on lifting weights.

There is only one 30 minute cardio session per week during this program. Since the workouts are short, most are less than 45 minutes, I find it easy to tack on a cardio workout after I finish Beast.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.