Bicep question

I have been doing Cathe workouts since 2009. I have all her workouts from sts to today and a few from before sts.

I’ve definitely hit a plateau with increasing my weights. I’ve been lifting the same amount for a long time now.

I was doing ripped with hiit back, shoulders and biceps yesterday. With that workout especially, I notice that I can do concentration curls with ease until about the 6th-8rep. Then I physically can’t lift the weight anymore. I go from easy to failure, there is no in between. It’s frustrating because I’m only doing 15lbs, which I can usually lift pretty easily for biceps in other workouts.

Does anyone else have this issue? I don’t want to lower my weight. I don’t understand why I fail so fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you done any high rep or slow and heavy to give your muscle fibers a change up. YOu have slow and fast twitch fibers and each person has a different number. I'm a slow switch person so I can shoulder press 50 pounds but when I do one of those metabolic workout with a bazillion count with low weight shoulder press my shoulders are burning. SO I make my self do them but I've never gonna move up my weights LOL Im forever plateau on high rep workouts. I make myself do them cause working both muscle fibers is good for the body

anytime the plateau question comes up on this forum when it was more active everyone said SLow and Heavy for a couple of weeks got them out of a plateau.

GOod luck

have you done any high rep or slow and heavy to give your muscle fibers a change up. YOu have slow and fast twitch fibers and each person has a different number. I'm a slow switch person so I can shoulder press 50 pounds but when I do one of those metabolic workout with a bazillion count with low weight shoulder press my shoulders are burning. SO I make my self do them but I've never gonna move up my weights LOL Im forever plateau on high rep workouts. I make myself do them cause working both muscle fibers is good for the body

anytime the plateau question comes up on this forum when it was more active everyone said SLow and Heavy for a couple of weeks got them out of a plateau.

GOod luck
Yup, this is me. I can lift very heavy, but metabolic not so much. Fifteen lbs is the max. Never going to move up. But, you definitely need to switch it up.

Maybe try Xtrain Biceps and Triceps. You just work the 2 muscle groups back and forth and can really build up some endurance. And don't feel you have to do the exact weight Cathe is doing. Your muscles will tire out too fast if you go too heavy too soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.