BFFM Check-in 5/2/06

marcy

Cathlete
Hi everyone! I guess it's up to me to start things off today.
I did GS Legs this morning. I love this workout; gets my legs shaking every time.
First meal: egg white omelet with 2 slices of ww toast.
Second: Yogurt and banana
Third: Healthy Choice Chicken Margeretta
Fourth: Yogurt and Orange
Fifth: Grilled chicken, asparagus

Tip of the Day: Do not let yourself go into starvation mode! Don't ever go below 1200 calories a day. 1400-1600 is more realistic. If you go too low, you might lose calories, but also muscle mass or you might not lose at all. We want to keep the lean body mass. If you want to lose the fat, do more cardio.

Marcy

Good Morning Marcy,

We've must have been on the same wave length, I posted about the same time as you did.

I'm gardening and getting ready for our vegies and fruit to come in. So today (as well as yesterday), there was no time to exercise. I'll tell you though, lifting heavey dirt over and over again, is quite a workout, so I consider gardening exercise enough for now.

I'm eating fairly clean, and still toning up, but one day, will be able to do more, and start gaining muscle. At least I'm not gaining, and only about 10 pounds overweight. I have no doubt that I can get rid of the remaining pounds this way. I spend hours in the garden just to get it going.

Janie

Gardening definitely is a workout (at least 270 cals an hour) so keep it up. I agree with you about keeping a diet journal. It was one of the best things I ever did. I've lost about 20 pounds so far since February 1st. As soon as I get rid of my pooch (hopefully only another 5-10 pounds), I'll be able to just start maintaining. Keep up the good work!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.