Best Pregnancy Workouts

Monica11

Cathlete
I'm sure this has been posted before, but won't you indulge a cranky pregnant lady? What are your favorite workouts to do during pregnancy? I've been very conservative--picking the easiest ones in my library--and I fear I am limiting myself unnecessarily. So I'm eager to hear what you ladies like (liked) to do during pregnancy, and with what modifications (if any)?

I must expand my horizons. I have all the Hard Cores, Body Blasts, Intensity Series, and some older ones (not CTX unfortunately ;( ). But I am too cautious too touch some of my old favorites like the Imaxes or KPC. Please share your wisdom!!!

So far, I have been sticking with:

Cardio & Weights
Push-Pull
Treadmill to walk/jog
SJP

I would stay away from IMAX as you shouldn't go anaerobic during pregnancy...unless you can modify it down...I don't know because I have never done an IMAX. I did the step portions only from IMAX 2 one time during pregnancy and that's it so far. Other than that I'd say no holds barred, just modify where you need to so that the moves are comfortable for you and so that you are not overexerting yourself or overheating. BTW---Some say not to do kickboxing but I did (modified as I got bigger) and I was fine...it's up to you though if you are comfortable with it.

HTH :)

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Hi and congrats, I know this has been answered before but I am clueless how to find old posts . My favorites when pregnant were:

Cathe-wedding tape
Firms-tortoise,hare, the classics and firm strength/cardio(most of the firms are great during pregnancy with some modifications.
cia-gay gasper-two jammmin workouts-(cardio strike workout has pregn. modifications), greatest step
zumba-adv.

The only pregnancy video I liked was fit for 2.

Cathe's CTX series was one of my favorites (except for LL - all leg workouts were uncomfortable so I didn't do that one). I did her beginner workouts (Basic Step/Body Fusion, High Step Circuit) just before my feet gave out and would've stuck with them to the end of my pregnancy if my feet hadn't hurt so much! I did step blast (without the blasts) and SJP early on but stopped when I got bigger and it became uncomfortable to do those. For all weight work I liked MIS because it was easy to modify if I had to. Kari Anderson's Body Tech was good because it was 30 mins of step followed by 30 mins weight work & stretch. I also dusted off a lot of older workouts (Gin Miller, Donna Richardson). I was glad I kept them! I purchased Fit For 2 but only did the step part once. I didn't like it very much. I didn't do any interval training as it's not recommended while pregnant and if there were intervals (like in some of the CTX workouts) I just modified. Hope that helps!
Diana

Hi, I"m reviving this thread so far I"ve been either walking outside or on the treadmill
I also really really like the perfect pregnancy workout video, it's a total body workout and I feel great after, I've also been doing pilates side kick series along with the bar method dvds.

I'm looking forward to the new beginner cathe dvd's after.

Besides walking and using the elliptical, here is what I grab most frequently:

PS Series
Push Pull/Supersets
Low Max
Musle Max (I like the premixes b/c they are shorter)
GS Legs - 33 min premix
KickMax (thanks Sandra ;) )

I tried LowMax today with just the step portions. I feel a little wimpy leaving out the blasts and lowering my step for an already low impact workout but it's fun and seems to get me just worked out enough without making me feel wiped out. If I overdo it (which doesn't take much), I feel bad for the rest of the day. It's a little frustrating to be completely depleted after something that's not usually too hard, like SJP, but that's the way it is I guess.

I preordered the new DVDs and threw in BS/BF to take advantage of shipping. I don't think these new workouts would have interested me before I was pg but now they sound perfect, esp for after the baby.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.