Best hotel in Aruba?

Dela

Cathlete
Hi all, anyone been to Aruba? I'm wondering what is the nicest hotel to stay in? No kids involved, definitely not looking for "family friendly" :p. Thanks!

We went to Aruba a few years ago and had a GREAT time. We stayed in one of the high rise hotels but I can't remember which one, lol. It was next door to the Hyatt. The Hyatt was really nice as was the one we stayed in. It might be the Radisson. Don't think of Radisson like you see around most of America which are total junk. It was very nice. Be sure whichever hotel you get that you request a balcony room. You'd hate to not be able to enjoy the balcony experience, lol. We walked in all the highrise hotels and you can't go wrong. Very nice. All of them. Have fun and be sure to eat at the Pier Restaurant on the beach. They have shrimp the size of your arm. Yummy. I think we need to go back to Aruba.

Love divi trees and the tradewinds. Aruba is one happy island, lol.

Thanks Tracy for all the tips and info! I did some searching, and actually Radisson is at the top of my list. That's funny to me too, you are right, the Radisson's here are usually pretty bad. I did find one adults only hotel that has a lot of rave reviews called Bucuti, but it's about 3 miles away from the center of it all, and I think for my first time I want to be closer to the other hotels so we are not constantly taking cabs.

I have heard nothing but good stuff about Aruba in general, I'm getting pretty excited. We won't be going for quite a while, but I like having something to plan for.

I asked DH about our hotel. It was the Wyndham. It was great. I remember planning this vacation. It was so much fun. Just to let you know some of the things we did.....banana boat rides. If you do this be sure not to ride in the front because the water is in your eyes the whole time. Sit in the middle. We also went parasailing. Very cool. Take your camera up with you and you will get some awesome pictures. We took a bus land tour so we could see the entire island and hear about all the stuff like the lighthouse and the caves. We took an evening catamaran dinner cruise - very cool. If you are a big party person they have party boats and they have these big swings you can swing on and drop out into the water. Looked like fun but we didn't do it. We took the bus to downtown Orjanestead and shopped and ate food. You'll see the enfamous Carlos and Charlies down there. There is some fun shopping there. Be sure to rent a palapa on the beach a time or two. It's nice to be on the beach without having to be in the sun all the time. The pool has bingo with great prizes and they had a guy walking around with fruit kabobs. Yum! They also have big a$$ iguanas that walk around the pool area like they belong there. Kind of gross at first then you get used to them and it's pretty cool. My DH was laying on the beach chair with feet hanging off the end and an iquana went up and nipped at his toes. It was a funny videos moment.

It's so relaxing and beautiful. Really probably the best vacation we ever took. Also the first vacation we ever took without our kids. Hmmmm.

Have a great time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.