best elliptical?

We are just starting our search, have heard good things about livestrong brand and sole brand.
anyone care to input about the type you have, or have heard good things about?
Thanks!

I have a Sole and I really like it. One thing though: even on the lowest resistance it seems harder than higher levels on the Precor at the gym. But it is very well made.

I got a horizon ex-78 w/incline and it had issues where when you got to 5.0 mph the speed would show 2.4. I was not fixable. They finally sent me out a AFG 4.0. I really like the AFG 4.0

Livestrong is also made by a division of Horizon. I've seen the models at Dicks. They are very simular to the Horizon ex-78. If you go with the Livestrong make them plug it in and get it up to 5.0 mph and make sure the speed display does not drop down to 1/2 the speed.

Get one with the heaviest flywheel you can afford. It makes a difference. Sole, Vision, Precor, AFG, Spirit - all of these are good choices.

thanks everybody!
we decided on the sole E35, looks like a good model. We got to test it out at Dicks sporting goods and it sold us. but we are ordering it online direct because it was much more expensive in the sporting store!

looking foward to getting it, the days are getting shorter here and there is not enough light to run in the AM or PM!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.