Best beginner recommendation needed

mjw1967

So, I left my mom in charge of my teenagers while I was on vacation and while I was gone, she used my gym and gave one of cathe's STS DVDs a go and enjoyed it. She's recently lost over 40lbs walking and I'd love for her to try something new because she loved the change of pace (even used my elliptical which unbeknownst to her was set on an incline!!!). It cannot involve jumping.

Can anyone recommend a starter Cathe aerobic DVD that can be done in her basement (no gym equipment) and also, a strength DVD that isn't STS (my gym has everything, she has nothing)...maybe something using just bands or body weight would be great.

Thanks!

Maybe travel fit would work. I do not have that one personally but I heard the only equipment needed is the green band and it can be done with no jumping. Also I may get some na Sayers on this but I think Supercuts would be good because its metabolic training and not any jumping. Non that u can remember and she keeps the weight light she should be able to do them. Cardio super sets is low impact and I don't think she needs much equipment. Maybe some dumb bells but I'm sure maybe she can get maybe some three pounds and five to start off with or whatever you think she can do. Oh she doesn't have a step? Cause the DVD called fusion is great for beginners! It is step workout but premixes you get circuit training and a bonus upper body lower body split ! I think that one is the way to go first fusion, and there are steps small ones at Walmart for not to much money. The fusion I think used tubing but the green band can work. I love Hard strikes but that has jumping in it but I bet she could walk in place or jog during jacks. But maybe not yet. I hope u find something for her! Please tell us what you decide, them tell us what she thinks about it. Also for weight supersets and push pull are fun to!

That's great news re you mum - I wish mine would try something new. ;)
I agree with Renee. Also slide and glide from the low impact series - I use tupperware lids as my 'discs' :eek: (also requires bands) I love it for my inner thighs.
Also turbo barre, as you only need a chair and band.
HTH
Justine

So, I left my mom in charge of my teenagers while I was on vacation and while I was gone, she used my gym and gave one of cathe's STS DVDs a go and enjoyed it. She's recently lost over 40lbs walking and I'd love for her to try something new because she loved the change of pace (even used my elliptical which unbeknownst to her was set on an incline!!!). It cannot involve jumping.

Can anyone recommend a starter Cathe aerobic DVD that can be done in her basement (no gym equipment) and also, a strength DVD that isn't STS (my gym has everything, she has nothing)...maybe something using just bands or body weight would be great.

Thanks!

Travel fit as starting point is fine.

For strength training, when she is ready to use equipments, I would advise to start with total workout (instead of split program) with light weight. body fusion has a weight segment I think. or power hour with light weight. There are a lot of form pointers.

All the best,

Thanks everyone. Turns out she had taken matters into her own hands. Not sure what she ordered, but glad she did. I have super cuts, so when she's ready, she can give it a go.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.