Beachbody products from ebay or amazon

Farah636

Cathlete
I was wondering if anyone here had experience buying beachbody products from ebay, or from 3rd party sellers on amazon. I really want to get some of their dvd sets, but they're so expensive, and I was hoping to save a little money buying them from amazon or ebay...but I've read about bootleg copies being sold and how they're really poor quality, and sometimes don't work altogether. Anyone ever buy off of there and did you run into any problems?

Hi,

I recently purchased Insanity from an Ebay seller. My cousin's son really wanted it and could not afford the price from Beachbody. I didn't notice it was coming from China, and when it arrived, 3 of the DVD's were blank. It was a bust. Never again.

Oh, and that was after waiting almost 8 weeks for it to arrive.

I was wondering if anyone here had experience buying beachbody products from ebay, or from 3rd party sellers on amazon. I really want to get some of their dvd sets, but they're so expensive, and I was hoping to save a little money buying them from amazon or ebay...but I've read about bootleg copies being sold and how they're really poor quality, and sometimes don't work altogether. Anyone ever buy off of there and did you run into any problems?

Don't forget when you go through ebay or Amazon Marketplace, you don't get the money back guarantee you get from buying from a BeachBody coach.

I would only buy from ebay for BB if I felt certain the seller was selling her one and only copy that she did not want anymore. I did buy CLX online, I wasn't sure I wanted it, and got it for $40, I think they are legit (but who knows), but if you recall, they had a huge issue with very scratched dvd sets in their first run, so I guess some people were able to get their hands on the scratched sets and sold those, there was some of the extra documents missing too, but the dvds played despite the scratches.

I bought a copy of turbo fire off amazon is was supposed to be a used copy " that someone couldnt use anymore" from a seller in the u.s. but arrived in a week and it was a whole new shrinkwrapped set. worked that time for me. You do have to really careful and be willing to take a risk from these places. Angela

eBay is a good choice if the seller has a good rating and the eBay guarantee. I got TF off of eBay and I know many other people have purchased BB products this way too. They just always made sure the seller was legit, etc.

BEWARE

I bought insanity off ebay and two of the dvds didn't work at all - the chapters were in the wrong order :( I then saw that Charlene Extreme was really cheap on Amazon market place, but I was a bit unsure after last time, and emailed the seller, and asked for some form of assurance that the dvds were genuine. He said 'if you're that concerned, buy from someone else' which to me proved that my concerns were correct!

I know some sellers will be genuine, but it's so risky. And I have since ordered through a beach body coach and will never go back. Yes, I have to save up for longer, but the service is brilliant. It's really worth going through the 'proper' channels :)

I bought Chalean Extreme off eBay for half of what it would cost through bb - the discs all worked fine but the guidebook it came with was a poorly scanned copy of part of the proper guidebook (I assume anyway since I haven't actually seen a proper guidebook). It had no page numbers but referred to things on certain pages that weren't in it and was more of a pamphlet than anything. It also came shrink wrapped and had been listed as "new". That experience taught me a lesson as I did not know bootlegged copies existed on eBay and I decided I would not buy bb products from eBay in the future just for peace of mind. And just because something comes shrink wrapped means nothing - many businesses have those for repackaging things - you can probably buy one on eBay in fact though I haven't looked for one! :)

Thanks for your comments -- I think after reading them, I'm just going to save up and buy directly from BB some day, otherwise buy it used from someone who definitely just has the one copy and is selling it b/c they have no need for it anymore.

Thanks for your comments -- I think after reading them, I'm just going to save up and buy directly from BB some day, otherwise buy it used from someone who definitely just has the one copy and is selling it b/c they have no need for it anymore.

There are some things I will buy and some I won't. Movies, used video games - yes. Electronics and workouts, no. Things that are important to me must come from the company where I know it's guaranteed. And most of the time, you're not saving THAT much. You'll be happy with your purchase when you do it. I loved Turbo Jam and am doing Insanity now. STS got me to the point where I'm not afraid of any workout anymore.

Don't forget when you go through ebay or Amazon Marketplace, you don't get the money back guarantee you get from buying from a BeachBody coach.

Not true. If you buy from Amazon Marketplace there is the A to Z guarantee, but usually the seller will refund you without resorting to that. You will be refunded in full if the product is defective and if a third party seller is selling bootlegged copies the will be kicked off. Amazon is actually much safer than Ebay for the buyer. I've sold many beachbody products on Amazon. Never had an unhappy customer. In fact, with most sellers you can even return it if it's not defective.

Turbo Fire Fine

I bought Turbo Fire from Amazon marketplace and it is fine - no boot leg, shrink wrapped, all the pieces in it that were advertised on the BB site. I don't know any - coaches? - and was more comfortable buying it online. I always make sure that the vendor I buy from in Amazon has sold a fair amount of goods and that they have positive comments for the majority - at least 95% or higher. Haven't been ripped off yet. I won't comment on the USPS that deliver the product in a freaking puddle of water, though :)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.