Barry's Bootcamp Opinions

I'm thinking about purchasing Barry's Bootcamp 5 disc set. The feedback on Amazon.com look good, but there's only 4 reviews so far. Is this series worth the $58.00? Is it as intense as Cathe or P90X?:)

If you do a search on Barry's Bootcamp you'll find TONS of stuff on here.

I only paid $19.99 for it but it was SO worth it. I love it. I've been thinking of doing another round, now that you mention it.

Oh, and Joey is hot ;)

I don't think you have to pay $58.00 for it. Most people on here have gotten it far cheaper. I know I didn't pay that much and some got it cheaper then I did! Check out QVS and HSN...one of them used to carry it for less $! Good luck!

I am doing a BBC rotation right now. I've had the series for a while and played around with it when I first got it but never used it for more then a couple of weeks. I've decided to give it a go for a month and see what happens. Most who have given opinnions on it here like it but you have to be prepared as it is not Cathe quality. The production quality is lousy compared to Cathe's stuff but the work outs are definately intense so I still think it's worth getting!

HTH a bit!:)

ETA: I second that Joey is hot. He is BEYOND hot. He is ON FIRE!}(

>I really enjoy BBC and like others have said, you can get it
>waaaaay cheaper than $58. I got it for $20 on HSN!

Ditto.

I haven't done BBC in a while. I should give it another shot. The workouts are short and sweet and killer! I was never able to do the treadmill cardio's since I didn't have a treadmill but now that I do I should see what they're like (I've heard they're brutal). }(

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I'm glad you posted this! I have BBC (I actually forgot that I had it until I read your post) but never really got totally into it. I did the shoulder workout once and remember it being KILLER. I've been looking for a change so maybe I'll give it a second chance.

Does anyone know if the cardio can be done on a stationary bike or is it strictly for a treadmill?

I got mine for 19.99 at HSN too.

HSN no longer has it for $19.99, but I'm going to purchase it from a member on this forum. Looks like I'm going to enjoy it and yes, Joey is definitely HOT :) Thanks for all the input!

>>and yes, Joey is definitely HOT :)
>
>Yes, he really is. :9 Too bad he's as gay as the day is
>long... *sigh*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! WHY OH WHY??

I'm sure if he ever met me he'd be so overwhelmed with lust and heterosexual attraction that he'd never go back to men again.... ;)

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

>>and yes, Joey is definitely HOT :)
>
>Yes, he really is. :9 Too bad he's as gay as the day is
>long... *sigh*

Oh shush Emily! You are ruining my fantasy!;)

I have a love/hate relationship with BBC. The non-treadmill cardio, especially the cardio led by Barry, makes me want to puke. I think of myself as fairly advanced but again, this cardio KILLS me. There is a bit of a dread factor for me. I think this really shocks my body but my problem is getting motivated enough to do it to see results. I would love to sick with a BBC rotation one of these days to see what it does for me. I may have to do 4DS weights with BBC cardio then switch to other cardio and 4DS weights b/c I can only take so much of the instructors. I don't think the instructors are too pretty boy. One of them (the one that leads chest) mumbles through the ENTIRE workout and it really drives me nuts (he also doesn't blink). I enjoy Barry's personality...I think he's all talk and just pretends to be Mr. Tough Guy and would let any one of his participant lay on the floor and pant if they needed to. I actually like the music and set...it seems very real and different from Cathe. I guess I'm learning to enjoy the variety and I actually don't want every other series or instructor to be just like her. They are off count, but again, I don't mind b/c I just keep my reps going with the beat or if I want to lift heavier, I slow it down. I just make sure to count and do even reps on both sides. I think BBC is worth owning (the orginal set) but as others have said, shop around... you should be able to get it for MUCH cheaper. I got mine from HSN.
Angela:7

I purchased it for my DH and he doesn't care for it. I tried it myself, and it just does nothing for me. If you want, I'd sell it to you for what I paid, which was $25.00. Just e-mail me off the list if you're interested. But personally, if you love Cathe's style, queuing and intensity, I don't think it compares.

>>>But personally, if you love Cathe's style, queuing and intensity, I don't think it compares.<<<

Nope, BBC is no Cathe but it is certainly intense. It depends on what you want and personally, as awesome as Cathe is, I just can't work out with the same instructor day in and day out. I crave the variety! :)

OK, Allison....then you try to convert our beloved Joey while I get Stuart all to myself at the RT! }(

Gayle

Ladies ladies ladies, now don't get jealous but Joey and I just spent some quality time in my basement...;)

All this talk about BBC today made me pull out BBC Back & Shoulders. The back work was kind of ehhh, but I got a good burn on me shoulders! And being able to stare at Joey for a little while wasn't so bad either..:7

When you guys do these workouts do you do both cardio and strength all in one session or do you split them up? I have the workouts and they are just sitting there collecting dust.

I would love to do a rotation of them but not sure if I would be able to do all the high impact or TM cardio everyday. Have knee issues and the TM cardio can get tough, of course I go at my own pace. I would die if I tried to keep up at their pace of running so fast on a steep incline.

Any doing a rotation of this now? I know there use to be a BBC checkin either here or on VF but not sure if it exists anymore.

Rhonda

I am currently doing a BBC Rotation, but only using the UB DVD's. I do Bar Method/Ballet workout for my lower body (boy what a difference this has made). For Cardio, 2-3 days a week, it's between Kickboxing/Power Walking. I find that the BBC Cardio is way to hard on my knees!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

I am doing a BBC rotation as well. I am doing all of the weight work outs as perscribed but only using a couple of the non-tm cardios and then the rest of my cardio is running on a tm at the gym where I can't use the tm cardio they give you. My cardio days range from 2-4 days per week. Sometimes I do weights and cardio in the same day, and sometimes not. I am planning to do atleast a 4 week rotation and I'll bet every week ends up being a little bit different. I like the variety. :)

I guess I'm the odd man out on this one, but I sold my BBC as soon as I previewed them and only did a couple of the weight workouts. I didn't think the priority was on joint safety so felt like what's the point if I'm going to end up getting hurt.

I'm glad you all enjoy the workouts. As for me, I'm sticking with Cathe and my few Mindy DVDs and when I get bored, I get a workout from Netflix.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.