Barry's Boot Camp

i do have this and love it. i only do it at the end of the year when my sisters and their kids are here because the cardio is no more than 30 min or almost an hour if you do the tredmill and floor aerobics. the upper,one body part per day is half an hour including abs. you might want to have extra risers.the only one i did not like out of the 5 is butt and legs.

laura

Are you asking about the 5 day academy or the new Barry's system?
https://www.barrysbootcamp.com/

I have the 5 day academy and love them. I'm not sure about the new one. I've read the lower body workout is lacking. It looks different and is very pricey. I'm going to wait for the price to go down:)

BBC 5 day academy series is a great endurance work out system that doesn't take up alot of time. It's not beautifully produced like Cathe's stuff but it gets the job done.

I am on week three of a rotation right now and loving it. I have done it before as well but have never followed the program as produced. I usually do the weight work in order but mix up the cardio by doing some of Barry's and some running or whatever else I feel like. I also choose not to do cardio every day but this is my personal preference.

Many people do not like the leg work out for whatever reason but I tend to disagree. Half of it is standing work and half of it is floor work. It is KILLER. I used a loaded barbell (they use DB's in the work out) for the standing work the last time I did it and then only did the first exercise from the floor work plus a standing squat/jack combo she does at the very end and OMG I had DOMS for THREE DAYS! How can you not like that!? ;)

JMHO!

I think I should clarify my leg statement. I've read the new Barry's leg day is lacking.

I agree with Wendy about the leg day in the 5 day academy. I get serious doms after doing it. Many complain about Nadia's cues in the 5 day. She does say, "Right, left" waaaaaaaay too much. It doesn't bother me because I tune it out. I like her cues during the donkey kicks. Those suckers burn and I feel her cues help push me through it!

this is not the 5 day one. I watched an infomercial yesterday (big mistake). They could sell me anything. Anyway, it looked really good, so I think I will try it. $72 with shipping for I think 6 DVDs and a ball-type thing and tubes.

The only thing I can say that I find a bit annoying about the series is that they time everything. Everything is done for 1 minute or 2 minutes so if you are doing each arm or each leg separately it's up to you to count reps to make sure each side is even. In Shoulders and Back Joey does it by time but also knows how many reps should be done in that time so he counts. Many of the others do not and if you use thier pace and reps and count them, they are often uneven. I have written down how many reps I can do in the given time so I aim for that amount and make sure I do the same number on both sides. :)

ETA: Oh and they play the same extremely annoying song for all of the work outs except for the full body day. They do have a no music option though. Thank goodness. I use it often. ;)

Peggie,

Will you come back and give a review after you've tried the new series?

I really like Barry. He's fun and motivating. He was my favorite instructor in the 5 day series. Joey being a close second because he's just so nice to look at:p

>Peggie,
>
>Will you come back and give a review after you've tried the
>new series?
>
>I really like Barry. He's fun and motivating. He was my
>favorite instructor in the 5 day series. Joey being a close
>second because he's just so nice to look at:p

ITA that Joey is a hottie and I think he's my favorite instructor in the series just for that reason! Yeah, I admit it. I'm bad! LOL
}( :9 }(

Wendy- I think the timing thing rather than counting reps is a bootcamp style... I have loads of new folks every month and a huge range of abilities... timing keeps it roughly even despite the different fitness levels.

(I found a lot of things about BBC annoying and sold mine asap.)

>Wendy- I think the timing thing rather than counting reps is
>a bootcamp style... I have loads of new folks every month and
>a huge range of abilities... timing keeps it roughly even
>despite the different fitness levels.
>
>(I found a lot of things about BBC annoying and sold mine
>asap.)

True Amy. Very true but then the instructor should suggest each person count his/her own reps to keep both sides even. JMO or maybe I'm just being too anal! LOL :)

The original series (I guess you call it the Academy series) is tough and kicks my butt. I do a rotation of it when I want to shape up for an event. I'll probably start a BBC rotation soon for bikini season. This new series doesn't look all that tough, judging from the infommercials. I'll be interested in your reviews. Keep us posted.

I agree!!! :) Not saying I never forget to have them switch every 5 or 10, but I try!

*Especially* when you think about how much LA folks are paying to work out with this guy!!!

I have both the original 5-Day Academy and the new one. I like the original one better--and not just because of Joey.;) ;) ;) I do, however, like the "stability tube" and the band that come with the new set.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.