Barlates body blitz subscription

Thanks ladies! The best part about Linda is that she has so many free workouts--so enabling is a good thing, right? (even tho I have spent a lot money buying her workouts in spite of the 100s of free ones available on YouTube....)

I presume her freebies open up sales... I have watched few of her freebies and I am a bit interested to try cause it is not pure barre!
I have seen some mobility drill sprinkled in her workouts:);)
@jengollf --- What do you like the most in linda's offerings?

nckfitheart2009--There is a lot I love about Linda's workouts--tons of variety. She does everything--cardio barre, mat work, bands, resistance loops, traditional weights, kettlebells. Though I like all of her workouts, my favorites are her cardio barre workouts. A good example is Mix and Match HIIT and Sweat Series. You are getting so much in these workouts--cardio and conditioning and that is my favorite kind of cardio workout--one that combines more than just cardiovascular fitness (which is why I also love metabolic weight training and kickboxing--more bang for your buck) and cardio barre workouts do that. She has some great metabolic weight training ones, too. I really love her Quick Fix Total Body Weights--an intense metabolic weight training workout (and it's free). She doesn't do any heavy strength training--even her workouts that use heavier weights are more endurance than anything else, but she does it well. Oh! Her Back Strength workout--I adore that workout (again, free!)! Another thing I love about Linda is when she works a muscle group she burns it out. Every. Single. Time. Some of her lower body workouts have made me walk funny in the hour or two afterward.

Last edited:
BTW--though I love barlates and cardio barre workouts, I would never personally do them exclusively. I do think they very nicely supplement heavier strength work and I love using the cardio barre/metabolic workouts for my cardio. A lot of her cardio barre workouts are low impact, which is a bonus.

Hi Jen

I have never bought one of Linda's dvds. Please can you recommend to me the ones you would say are the best for my goals. I love your site and usually go with alot of your recommendations. I love lifting heavy weight training, hiit workouts and Cathe style workouts. I was looking at the Linda Wooldrige workouts as good add ons. I like the look of her 100 rep challenge workouts and her Hiit mixes. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
Laura
x

Hi Jen

I have never bought one of Linda's dvds. Please can you recommend to me the ones you would say are the best for my goals. I love your site and usually go with alot of your recommendations. I love lifting heavy weight training, hiit workouts and Cathe style workouts. I was looking at the Linda Wooldrige workouts as good add ons. I like the look of her 100 rep challenge workouts and her Hiit mixes. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
Laura
x

Hi Laura, I haven't done any of her 100 rep challenges yet (though I plan to soon). Mix and Match HIIT is great for intense cardio + conditioning. Same with Full Body HIIT Series. And they are the perfect length for use as add ons. Another great one I use for add ons a lot is 5 Best Exercises.

Hope this helps!

Jen

Laura:

amazon's library of Linda's workouts is more extensive than Mary's site. What you might like to do tho' is buy the boxed sets from Mary because then you get even more bang for your buck. About 11 workouts in a boxed set, plenty to experiment with and see what you think, $25 for the set. Bargain!

Watch out though: the workouts currently being assembled and released by Linda in boxed sets and largely pre-released material. So, before you buy, look carefully at the contents listed. I have now twice made the mistake of rushing to buy single DVDs (and even then, there are at least 3 if not 4 workouts on each DVD) from amazon, only to then have Linda release them in a box set with 2 other series all together. It saves money to get the box set collections. She has another boxed set that will be released by Mary in the coming weeks too.

I would say that your best bet is to head to youtube and view Linda's workouts there and figure out what you need to and want to buy after reviewing clips/footage. She has more released than even JenGolf --the lovely lady and very helpful blogger, aka enabler! Jen we all love you!)-- has managed to review yet so you might find things that appeal to you that have not been mentioned by any of us yet.

Linda make sit all look terribly easy. But as Jen has said here: Linda will burn out every muscle! You think you are in great shape because you match Cathe's weights and beyond, but these micro-movements are no joke!

Clare

You are getting so much in these workouts--cardio and conditioning and that is my favorite kind of cardio workout--one that combines more than just cardiovascular fitness (which is why I also love metabolic weight training and kickboxing--more bang for your buck) and cardio barre workouts do that.

@jengollf Thanks Jen, for being so spot on reviewing this. Linda combines various fitness elements so exercises can get more their buck.
That is why I am inclined to try it out. This is added to my try out list and I'll let you know, in private how I like them.

Last edited:
Thanks Clare for the advice. I've purchased some downloads from her site. The files seem very big so DH is going to sort them out for me tomorrow, as my laptop seems a bit slow to download them. Otherwise I'll get the dvd boxed sets from Mary. Amazon.uk doesn't seem to have as much selection as amazon.com, so I think if I buy dvds I'll go through Mary's site as she ships very quickly. The postage is higher, but her customer service has always been excellent.

Off the topic a bit. I went to the local gym today to do a back, biceps and shoulder workout. I felt like a kid in a sweet shop with all the weights available, it really felt good to have the availability of more dumbells and weight plates. I will definitely be going back I think.

Laura
x

Yes Laura: go back to that gym and play! I don;t currently have a gym membership as I let it lapse. But I used to enjoy doing different workouts there, stuff you can't do at home. The variety is boredom-busting for sure. And I agree: Mary gives excellent service and customer service. She is my go-to site for fitness DVDs always.

Please come back and share with us your fave sequences from Linda's workouts, won't you? I have quite a few, many I have not done yet and it helps to have people's opinions to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Clare

Hi
I've been going on a bit of a barlates spending spree lol. I've purchased alot of downloads as I've found its cheaper for me to download them all on a usb stick. It is a bit confusing between whats free and whats not free, but I think I would pay for some of the free hiit ones, so I could use them when I don't have internet connection.
Also I was a bit confused when you get a freebie. According to Linda the bundles are already discounted so no freebie is available when you purchase those. So freebies only apply when you buy 2 downloads; so buy 2 for 1 freebie, buy four get two freebies, buy six get three etc. Its difficult to track, but she has so many free on you tube there are loads available.

I've been using them mostly as add ons to cathe workouts. Also I've been going to the gym, so I'll add one on with my weight workouts. I'll let you know which ones are my favourites. Thank you all for enabling lol.

Laura
x

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.