Barbecue Pulled Chicken (Crockpot)

Boingo1

Cathlete
I'm making this tomorrow night. It is SOOOOOOOO sooo good. LOVE chicken thighs. I served it open face on a light wheat roll.

~Chris

Barbecue Pulled Chicken
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/barbecue_pulled_chicken.html

From EatingWell: February/March 2006
This fanciful reinterpretation of pulled pork uses chicken and lots of tomato sauce. Have sliced jalapenos, sliced red onions and some sour cream on hand to top this hearty main course.

8 servings | Active Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 5 1/2 hours

Ingredients
•1 8-ounce can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
•1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
•3 tablespoons cider vinegar
•2 tablespoons honey
•1 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika
•1 tablespoon tomato paste
•1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
•2 teaspoons dry mustard
•1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
•1 small onion, finely chopped
•1 clove garlic, minced
Preparation
1.Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
2.Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
3.Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.
Nutrition
Per serving : 184 Calories; 8 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 68 mg Cholesterol; 8 g Carbohydrates; 20 g Protein; 1 g Fiber; 257 mg Sodium; 303 mg Potassium

1/2 Carbohydrate Serving

Exchanges: 1/2 other carb., 2.5 lean meat

Tips & Notes
•Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.

Ingredients:

* 1 whole chicken, cut up
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 (16 ounce) can of cola
* 1/2 cup ketchup
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar
* salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker or crock-pot over low heat. Stir and let cook for 8 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker. Remove skin and bones and shred. Serve on buns or rolls. Good served with coleslaw right on the sandwich.

I made this recipe tonight. The barbecue pulled chicken is sooo good. I used chicken breasts instead of chicken tights, loved it. I also cooked the chicken in my pressure cooker, cooks faster than the crockpot:eek: the chicken was moist and very tasty. I served it on a Kaiser Roll:p Evern my husband and son loved it! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.