Bands for Assisted Pull-ups

I am in the midst of STS and so purchased a pull-up bar to attach to a door frame. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help - Have any Cathletes used bands to assist with pull-ups/chin-ups? If so, did you find them useful with the STS program? Any recommendations on particular brands? Amazon shows a chart that gives suggested widths and tensions depending on your weight and ability to perform unassisted pull-ups.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2055621862&pf_rd_i=desktop
Is this chart in line with what you found? They also suggest buying 2 bands...
"We recommend that athletes use one thin band and one thicker band together. Start your pull-up progression with the thin band. Then when you tire out switch to the thicker band. Then finally to squeeze out the last reps, add them both together."
This sounds good, but is more expensive (especially here in Canada). Have others found it worthwhile to invest in 2 bands? Any thoughts are appreciated! My unassisted pull-ups are pretty non-existent. I use a chair to get started and have increased the time I can hold the position but only able to do one full, clean pull-up on a good day.

Thank you so much. This is really helpful! :)
I watched a video on-line and now understand that the higher the tension, the easier the pull-up. Just figured out that the pounds of tension is the number of pounds the band lifts of your body weight. I will definitely buy 2 of them so that I can gradually progress to one lower tension band.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.