Bands and tubing question

Hello,
I was wondering if I could get a recommendation on good brands of workout bands/tubing. My green and pink Cathe bands snapped on that move she does in ripped w/ hiit where she squats and pops up. I never thought those bands were quite long enough anyway despite the fact that I'm short.

My tube just broke today, I'm not sure what brand it is. I actually prefer the tube to the band in most workouts. The one that I had could have been harder. I don't have cathes tubes. Are they any good?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a green 6 foot long band at Walmart. Love those Gold Gym bands, they come in really nice colors.Most bands I find very short (even Cathe's) and I am short :( They also have a 6 foot long pink one too :) I use Cathe's blue tubing and I also have a few from Beachbody (those are tough), but I like the color. It's pink.

Last edited:
Geez, I wish I could remember the brand of the tubing I have! I have heavy and extra heavy and have been using them for 12+ yrs now. Meanwhile, I ordered some cheaper ones on Amazon a few months back cause I needed some light-medium for rotator cuff and serratus work and they are absolute crap. I think the non-latex ones just aren't as durable.
If you need longer than 7 ft or whichever of bands (not tubes ...I prefer tubes with a handle), many phyical therapy clinics have it in very, very long rolls and can sell you the length you request. Again, though, unless you or someone in your house has a latex allergy, get latex as they seem to be better.
Looks like you can purchase separate handles for the flat bands. Not sure if these are worth the price tag though.
http://www.workoutzwholesale.com/Resistance-Bands-Accessories/Foam-Padded-Handle-with-D-ring.html

Thanks. I don't need long tubes, just slightly longer bands for her band exercises that I can't use a tube for. I'm going to go to Walmart and look for the golds gym ones. I know resistance can vary from brand to brand. I'm thinking heavy would be good? Or will that be really stiff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.