ball of foot issues

Kimenem

Cathlete
Has anyone had problems with the ball of their foot? I can rub this area and it feel slike the nerve twinges or something. It goes into one of the toes and this area feels strange when I walk, especially in shoes that aren't very cushioned. My toe isn't numb but feels like the sensation is dull. Now the same place on the other foot is doing the same thing, except not into the toe. I'm sure it's a nerve but I was just wondering if anyone else has had foot issues.

Last edited:
Hi

I am definitely not an expert here, but your feet may be inflammed from high impact aerobics or other causes. You said you don't feel as much with shoes with cushion. I am stating the obvious but support or Cushions soften the impact and you don't feel as much so for the next few weeks, may be you should wear footwear with proper support to lessen the impact since staying off your feet completely is probably out of question.

I used to get dull feeling on the ball of foot when I was doing a lot of jumping and stuff without proper support. I messaged the ball of my feet and the whole bottom of my feet using my knuckles. I apply light lotion to reduce friction. Foot messages helped me. Hope it helps you.

Penny

HI Kim,
You might want to google Morton's Neuroma and see if the symptoms are similar to what you're experiencing...

Wendy

I have similar problems - the twinging - the numbness, but the ball of one foot actually hurts really bad. It hurts no matter what shoes I wear, what cushion I put in and it doesn't matter if I'm walking normal or high impact. I teach aerobics and have been painfully getting through it before. I took a few months off and its not any better so I'm hoping someone here has an idea that we/I can try, too.

Thanks for posting this, can anyone help us.

Marcia.

Just looked up Morton's Neuroma and it sounds like my problem. I'll try extra cushion, taping my foot and arch support to see if that helps.

Thanks Wendy - this looks like a great place to start.

Marcia.

I read posts here about Morton's Nueroma but I thought that was an extremely painful condition. Mine doesn't hurt. Maybe I should still look into it though.

I also have pain in the ball of one foot. I have been seeing a foot doctor for the past 6 months and nothing has helped. Mine is not Mortons and is more from the middle out and under the big toe area. I have tried every shoe including Chung Shi and even custom inserts. Nothing helps for long. The longer I am on my feet during the day the more it hurts. I just bought some Sketchers Shape-ups and they are wonderfully cushioned but are only good for walking not working out in. I thought the extra cushion would help and it does feel good for awhile. The doctor told me to make sure the shoe has a rocker bottom. I go back on the 19th to let him know the custom inserts are not working either and see what he does next. Also he told me to never go barefoot and I love going barefoot.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.