bags under the eyes

laura35

Cathlete
I have recently noticed an increase in the bags under my eyes. I have had alot going on but my god have I looked rough lately. does anyone know of any product to use to help shrink if not eliminate them? any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I am interested in knowing too. Someone told me to put vitamin E under my eyes. I never tried it and don't know if it would work. I guess for me, going to bed earlier would help.

There is a family nearby where I live, the mother, daughter and two sons have the biggest bags that I have ever seen. They are very dark. I was wondering if they are up really late or if it a nutrition factor.

Debbie

This may be a duplicate post... I don't know where the first one went.

A newscaster once told me he used Preparation H, just don't let anyone else use it for something else!!!

Yes, but the prep H sold in the states isn't the one that works. The prep H that works can be purchased from Canada.

>Yes, but the prep H sold in the states isn't the one that
>works. The prep H that works can be purchased from Canada.
>
>
Is this true Sue? Prep H is an anti-inflammatory that shrinks blood vessels. What is the difference betw. the US version & the Canadian version?

Laura, I'm going through the same thing right now--I've spoken w/my dermatologist about it & evidently as we get older fat collects under our eyes & the bags we used to have from being tired become permanent. As far as I know the only thing that'll get rid of them is a procedure where the fat is actually sucked out from under your eyes. I'm not ready for it yet, but I think in about 5 years or so I will be. :-(

Is that a hereditary thing? I don't think I've seen this in my family at all. Maybe a bit on my father, but I'm more genetically similar to my mother.

That I don't know. I guess it could be but I don't really see it in my family either. I most definitely see it on myself though. x(

OK. The article says there's an extra ingredient in the Canadian version that helps with wrinkles. Nothing about puffiness or swelling.

I don't have the permanent ones, but get puffy eyes every now and then. This is what is in my cosmetic drawer:

Hylexin: hands down, the best anti-puffer out there, plus it helps with dark circles

Bliss baggage handler eye cream: works on the bags-love it

Ice packs: works to reduce swelling, place on eyes for a few seconds or mintues at a time...this doesn't work on fatty deposits of course, but after a long night of weeping or drinking or even sleeping on your face strange, it works!:7

Back to say, any eye cream with caffeine, works to reduce the fatty areas (or so they say, this is the active ingredient in those cellulite products) so look for that, it sometimes goes under the name "amolliphynine" or something that looks like that!:)

Ooh, I also vote for Hylexin!! It's pretty expensive, but worht it! I started to use it about a year ago and boy do my eyes look better. Less puffiness, and definitely less dark circles!!

Hi, I am certainly not an expert but I can tell you from what I read that having extra sodium can create fluid retention in your body as well as how much water you are drinking and how much sleep you are getting.
Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin so you have to be careful on how much you take (A, D, E, &K) are all fat soluble-stored in fat. The other vitamins flush out of your system but a person should be careful with them too. Vitamin A is good for keeping your skin in good health. I also heard vitamin B needs to be taken for stress in the body especially if someone works out regularly.
I read in a magazine a person could take two regular kitchen teaspoons put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes then place them on your eyes once they are tolerable.
Dip two green tea bags into a little water then place them in the refrigerator for about 15 to 20 minutes then place them over your eyes for as long as you need.
I also heard about the preparation h idea working to just like everyone else said.
Well I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Diana

After looking at a lot of reviews, I just ordered Teamine Eye Complex; it's supposed to be great for circles and wrinkles, but I think I read somewhere that it can help with puffiness. Amazon has it for $55 a jar.

:)

You can slice some cucumbers and put them on your eyes for a while (as you relax). Or some tea bags (brewed, but not hot/warm).

Some bagging can be due to fluid retention.

Sleeping at an incline (as Louis XIV did!) can help as well.

thanks everyone for your tips and responses. I will have to try something. somedays they are worse than others.Obviously when I get less sleep they are worse. I guess I am getting older and dont want to admit it. such is life!!!! thanks again;)

I have noticed when I don't get enough sleep or enough water I'll get bags. But if I increase my water intake from 64 oz to an additional 32, get at least 7 hours of sleep and sleep on my back they're gone......leigh:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.