baby mamas - june 22-28

St, THis mught be a dumb question but what is Shiraz???
Well, I don't feel like a runner....more like a jogger! But it IS geting a little more fun! My legs felt like lead starting out last nght and then I really opened up and it felt great!
Hope you have fun shoppig.... and the OH sounds fun too!

Wendy, LOL on the weighted vest! I refer to J as mine too!
Glad JJ is on the mend.... and your WO's will get back! Little bits here & there add up too! Don't discount all that walking!

-
Busy day.....getting lots done....back at it!

hello everyone. I'm doing much better today. It DID go away on its own this time. sheww! in fact last night I was feeling mostly better and got a 30 min cardio in. I guess I have to set lower goals for myself.. or else I end up frustrated. I can try hard to atleast get 30 min in even if I go to bed late. I gotta get in shape if it kills me. ha.
Baby has been a BIG handful the last few weeks. he was seriously easier as a newborn. he just turned 2 months and is hard to keep asleep when I put him down. he no longer falls asleep in the car or the sling. ugh! He is half awake all night with gas and I feel like I'm not getting any good sleep. :(
I jumped through hoops today to try to get him asleep before an outing. I wanted to get a few outfits for when DH visits. I'm still wearing some pregnacy clothes! ugh! I feel frumpy. I wanted to wait till I can fit in my old clothes but since that may be a while. sigh. I figured its ok to get a few things in a larger size. well anyway I pre-cooled the car (its WAY hot here) and nursed/rocked him to sleep, got him in the carseat and into the car. He slept on the way there but woke up as soon as I got in the store screaming!! sigh. I had to drive back home with a fussy baby. I tried to console/feed him first and that was a no go. :( I may try again later after his nap. Hes asleep on me now sigh!
You all are doing so good with your workouts I feel like I'm doing miserably.. sigh.

Well thats all from me. I hope everyones doing well. I'm so behind I don't know if I can type a response to everything.

gfmom -welcome. I eat so much garlic I'd be surprized that a suppliment would help ha. didn't know there was a med you can take. may look into it. I'm a SAHM mom with 3 boys! yes I have my hands full haha.

kate -I don't have any underwires. I avoided them for that reason too. but still getting this problem? sigh.

hello everyone else!!

kate, i can answer for stephanie, its a red wine (well a grape but you know...). i guess you are a foodie but not a wino lol =) glad youre enjoying the running!

jess - yay for no clogged duct!!! i think 30 mins a day of something at 8wks pp is awesome and it could even be in 10 min increments here and there...

am nap was crappy but pm nap was fab... i used th mix & match on bm2 to make a circuit of step combos and ub plus abs. feels great! tho i cant do half of the ab stuff in there right now =/ just sub in other moves that i CAN do but still work me, i guess i will get there. me looooooves circuits! jj is outside with dh playing in the water table. he seems all better but for the rash still. ods is off to a sweet 16 party this eve. insists on wearing jeans and a t-shirt????? i told him if they dont let him in not my problem lol.

later

wendy

Kate-I love, love, love the carrier:) Let us know how you like it! I may need one for Ryder;) Good luck on your race tomorrow!!

Jess-Hang in there:D I never did more than 30 min w/o's when Ryder was that young.

Stephanie-I love chinese food!! I ate Thai food at the farmer's market:eek: It was so good!

Wendy-glad JJ is doing better:) My friends baby has roseola right now. He had a temp of 105:eek::eek: I love BM2!

Welcome gfmom:) You will lose those 15 pounds in no time!

My youngest sister is about to make me an auntie again today!!! She is having twins, a boy and a girl!!:D I am so excited!! She lives in Wa. so I don't know when I will get to see them:( One of my sisters is up with her now and another sister is leaving Sat to go up there. I'm glad she will have some family with her. She already has a 1yr old son so she is going to need a lot of help:eek:

Tonight Mike is going to be gone so I am planning a movie and pizza night with the boys and a couple of their friends.

I did Butts and Gutts this am and my booty is sore:eek:

Candra

Hi mammas......

Candra... Congratulations on becoming an Aunt again!! she will have her hands full.

Wendy... your circuit sounds like something that I should look into. Sounds like it would burn some of my extra mommy fat. funny about your older son and his jeans. teens...;)

Jess.. don't be so hard on yourself about the workouts.. wonder why he wouldn't sleep for long??

Stephaine... you seem to really enjoy CLX.

Kate....wow on your running!!

Hi Lisa.... Hi Greenfitmom... and everyone that I've missed
-------
Well.... I go home tomorrow!! Glad this trip is almost over. missed the baby lots this go around. I did get on the treadmill quite a bit. So that is good. I am back into my size 10's but things are sooooo soft!!! I really need to get back at it. Have a good night ladies.

Wow you mamas were chatty today! And I missed the party!! :p Had FUN shopping today, but I spent too much money. I bought the boys Easter outfits for next year and Charlie a beautiful white sailor suit with baby blue trim for his christening (hopefully at the end of the summer). I just love Strausburg, but I can only afford them when they have this big sale every year, hence the Easter outfits for NEXT year!! :p Bath and Body works also was having a BIG sale so I bought small little shower gels and lotions to put up for teacher gifts next year (I'm notorious for buying gifts early and stashing them..). Also went to Disney store, which is having a BIG sale and bought the boys tennis shoes. Henry's are buzz lightyear and they light up when he walks. Super tacky, but he LOVES LOVES LOVES them. Oliver's were Wall-E ... and a size too small. Oops. :eek: Guess I'll put them up for Henry... or Charlie. Man it's great to have other kids to share in the wealth!! :p Made homemade pita chips tonight and ate them with hummus and had a salad for dinner. YUM! And more Shiraz...:eek:

Kate--Shiraz is Australian red wine ... similar to petite syrah. Very yummy. But I'm a wine-o. I love the baby carrier you ordered!! You know you need to have another one now to get full use out of it!! :p

Sydney--Glad you get to go home soon! YAY on the 10s!! Way to go, girl!! Yes, I like CLX very much, but it has phases, and I'll be out of the first phase in a week. I'm READY to move on to the next phase. Phase I has gotten a bit easy for me.

Jess--SO glad you're feeling better!! I'm sending sleepy vibes your little one's way!! :)

Wendy--I would make brown rice for my Chinese food, but I LOVE the sticky white rice once in a while. I love brown rice usually, but there's something about that sticky white rice. And it's easier to eat with chopsticks. :p Sorry about the roseola. My boys have had that. I think the rash means the worst is over. I read your introduction, and you and I could be the same person as far as pregnancy weight gain! I gained more than 50 pounds with EACH of my three pregnancies, and I still am battling 25 to 30 pounds this time around. Charlie also is almost 9 months. WHEN WILL IT GO AWAY!!!?? So if you need someone to lean on.. I'm right here with ya, sister!! We'll get there! Slow and steady wins the race, right?? ;)

Hi to everyone else! Gotta go tuck the kiddos in and watch Valkarie with DH. And I think maybe another glass of shiraz?? :eek:

Last edited:
Hi mommies! I am wiped out. Spent the whole day driving around. I did a small Costco run as well as visit a friend who just had a baby almost two mos ago. I also had to take my two older ones to the dr. for their physicals and these were all over the island so I spent most of the day driving. Thankfully the traffic was not bad today.

Wendy - My odd had roseola when she was around 18mos. Once the rash shows then its almost done. The worst part of it is over. I love farmer's markets also, but don't go to very many. Not much here where I live. Yes, I did do the whole B&G last night. Another baby as a weighted vest momm y here!

Kate - Another one who uses the baby as a weighted vest. LOVE the Becco you bought. I am a runner on good days and a jogger on not so good. Last run was a runner day. The one before that was a jogger day, lol. Good luck on your 5K tomorrow!

Jess - Funny you say that we're doing good with the wo's, but seriously only recently as in the last month did I start wo regularly. When P was as young as your LO, I had such a up and down wo schedule. Some weeks were good and some weeks I was lucky to get one wo in. It gets better after solids, or at least for me it did. I started solids at 6mos, so it's only been two mos of consistent wo's for me. Don't worry, you'll get there. Enjoy your baby and remember, bfing burns lots of calories also!

Steph - I love me my wine also. I used to drink every night prepg. I have yet to find a good Shiraz, but I found a really good Pinot Noir that I could drink my calories for and I usually much rather eat my calories. Anyway, sounds like you got some good shopping in and you're doing so great with the CLX wos!

Candra - I did B&G last night also! My legs were shaking during floorwork. I love that wo though. Def. one of my top fives. Congrats on being an auntie to twins! How fun!

Sydney - Glad you get to come home soon to your baby. I don't know how you do it. I give you tons of credit.

I'm thinking of taking a rest day today, but not sure. I might do a wo and rest tomorrow. We'll see. Anyway, have a good weekend ladies! My weekend is full. Potluck in the am then ballet on Sat. and Sunday is a brunch with my fam then pool with the kids. Any fun plans??

Lisa

Hi Mommies!

To the mommies who use baby's as "weighted vests," do you actually wear them while you are working out or are you talking about just while you are going about your day? I always think of that when I'm carrying Ellie in the wrap but I'm hesitant to actually work out while I'm wearing her. Maybe when she is older and has more head control? It would definitely increase my chances of getting a workout in if I could wear her while I'm working out although that would be a definite sweatfest!

I am really proud of myself for my workout yesterday. I did LIC cardio only premix and did all the blasts full out! I'm not ready for Imax 3 yet lol, but at least I got my heart rate up there and I completed the whole 48 minutes! It looked iffy there for awhile but Ellie finally decided to take a nap while Anna was still sleeping.

Sorry I'm not doing personals. I'm still trying to get to know everyone. :)

HEy Mamas!!!

Race is done!

I beat my time - Got 28:15
WOOOHOOOO!

Slow for most runners, but I am happy with it/

bbl.....

Wendy, Nope, not a wino!:p I do cook w/ it sometimes but I'd rather eat my cals!:p
Glad JJ is doing well. LOL at ODS!

Candra, How's lil sis doing? Hope the babies are doing well too!
Your night w/ your boys sounds so fun!
B&G - owie fun!:p

Sydney, I'm sure yo're glad to be home!
yay for down a size!

Stephanie, We used to have a Strasbourg but they closed a cpl yrs ago. Sounds like all the shopping was a success!
How was your movie night w/ DH?

Lisa, You are so busy!!! I'm tired just reading all that!
Brunch and pool time sounds great!

gfmom, I just carry Julia around!:p Too much!:p But I LOVE HER! so its all good!:p Never have used her for an official WO. I'll do pushups or planks over her ... or goof around and do squats/lungs w/ her...but nothing official. Sometimes I take walks carrying her. She's 24# now.....I'm gettin' some GUNS, baby!:p:p:p:eek::eek:
WTG on the WO!! wooohooooo!

-
Today's been a great day. The race was lots of fun and the girls did 2 races too. They both did the kids 1mile....Isabel was a powerhouse! That girl dominated that run! I was so proud! She blew by Gina and kept on going! All this from my unsure worried little bean! And she came in 2nd in her age group for the dash. I was the proudest mama there!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Kate--Way to go on your run!!!!

Hi to everyone else! Just got finished eating a WONDERFUL meal: grilled turkey burger, rosemary garlic bread:eek:, fresh corn on the cob, potatoes and baked beans. Oh and wine, of course. berry crumble for dessert (mostly clean)... Guess who will be working out A LOT tomorrow??? :p

Went to the farmers market this a.m. FUN! Also went to Whole Foods and got some Whey protein. Decided my protein intake was way low. I'm only getting about half what I should. Maybe that's what's slowing my weightloss??? We'll see.

If anyone has any protein shake recipes (sans bananas, please) please send them my way!! :)

Valkyrie was a great movie. Tonight some Liam Nieson movie is on the menu. Forgot the name of it. It's a boy/action movie, though :confused:.

Hope everyone has a great evening!!

Kate - Awesome job to you and Isabel!!
Steph - Dinner sounds yummy!
GFmom - I wear my baby around when doing errands not working out. I do like Kate and play around with her and lift her up like I would weights, but not a real workout.

Got a great run in today. Did 4miles. Eats were not so great, but will get back on track. P is up. Better feed and bathe her!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.