Baby Dropping

K

KCampbell

Hi I'm currently in my 31st week of pregnancy and my baby dropped a week ago! I've had several tests including an ultrasound and the baby appears healthy and active. My doctor has recommended bed rest until my delivery, which is incredibly boring!!!! My biggest concern though is that I might have the baby too early which can cause complications. Has anyone had their baby drop this early and how long can you carry the baby after it has dropped? Thanks for any help or information you might have.

P.S. This is my first baby

Not as early

My last baby (No. 2) dropped about six weeks before delivery and since her brother dropped about four days I was convinced I would go into early labor; but, didn't happen. I would take your doctor's advice though at least until 35 weeks for sure just to be safe. When I asked my doctor "does this mean she's coming early" he said not necessarily yes or no, they come when they're ready. Also when I was on bed rest after preterm labor in my seventh month with No. 2 I read a lot of books on various subjects (including fitness) because I knew I wouldn't have time after having the baby, and I was right; haven't been able to read more than three books in the last nearly three years! Take it easy and keep us all posted.

Stephanie :)

bedrest now

My baby dropped about the same time and by week 34 I was put on bedrest because I started to dilate and still am on it now.(35 1/2) I know it is boring but you just have to keep your self on a schedule and plan things to do. Start stacking up your books, magazines, crafts, etc. You'll be amazed at what you can do while in bed. By the way, this is my third time dealing with bedrest)

Always remember, the best place for your baby is inside your "incubator". You really do not want to deal with complications if your baby comes too early. This is really a critical time!

Joyce

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.