awww... rescued a dog tonight

ImFiddY

Cathlete
We just got back on a red eye flight from vegas at 6:00 a.m. this morning (both my husband and I got picked for the new scanner and we opt'd for the molestation instead) We pick up our dog from the boarding and when taking him on property to go to the bathroom our dog see's this little pekingese dog and chases the poor thing two laps around the property. We live on a self storage property. The pekingese disappears and we get or dog back in the house and then I see the pekingese sprinting by the office but I cannot get him to stop and lose him again.

Tonight we again see the dog and with my dog on the leash this time we are able to corner it up against a storage unit. I was able to approach him and pick him up. The poor guy was exhausted. We brought him up to the office and after awhile I was able to get it to eat some chicken. We noticed that it had some blood stained near it's mouth and some blood on it's paw. We called an emergency vet and asked if we brought it in if they could scan it to see if it had a chip. The dog looked well cared for, it had a collar and a flea collar but no tag. It was an older dog with a cataract. The vet said to bring it in and when we did they said he did not have a chip but since he was injured that we could surrender the dog to them and they would take care of it and try to place the dog if the owner could not be located.

I'm glad to get the poor dog out of the freezing cold. He's been on our property for at least the whole day, could have been here the whole weekend since we were out of town. Poor guy.

Please chip your pets or make sure they have a tag !
I put an ad on craigslist in lost and found and will post a poster on the new telephone pole out front - another long story - last week a young lady feel asleep and ran her car off the road and plowed thru the telephone pole, street light and landed in our front yard and walked away unhurt from the accident. It ripped the power and phone lines from our house and left the business without phone and power for about 16 hrs. Cost us $450 for an electrician to repair the connection on the house and the lady was uninsured. It's been a interesting week !

You have a kind heart! I am so glad to hear that you rescued the pup. I hope his owners can be found.

Very Proud of You!

An interesting and expensive week.:confused:

I love your kind hearts. You are my kind of people.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.