~*~*AUG 09~*~* CHECK-IN for the 17th~*~*~*~

bitmover

Cathlete
Hey, I cannot believe I'm starting us off! Hopefully we won't have a double start. I am done with cc #3 (love that one!!) and then I did the thigh and seat work from the P57 Express workout. It was maybe 15 minutes of work, max, and man it was tough!! I think I may sub in that type of leg work for Cathe for a while and see what happens.

When are you guys planning to start STS? Any week off weights in between this month and the start?

Happy Monday!!!!

Hey Beth!!!

Welcome back, chickie!!!

Reading yesterday's thread, it sounds like you guys had a great adventure. One you and your boys will remember for a long long time!! Can't wait to see some pictures!! ... Gosh, I hadn't thought about taking a week off of weights before STS, think we should? I don't think I did that before, did you? .... On Chalene and FB, she does put some spam out there for her turbokick workouts, but it's not constantly and some of it is amusing to watch, really. She has some great inspirational/motivational little blogs though. I love reading them!... I also have Tony Horton as a FB friend, and he puts that kind of stuff out there too. (without the spam-ish stuff).

Good workout today for you! I am so going to order PHYSIQUE57 tonight sometime!!! I, as usual, procrastinated on that last week...

Hottie: Hope your Evee is feeling ok! I can't believe she "ate the whole thing"!!! :eek:

*BIG WAVES* to Vilma and Kathy!!

Today I start week #3 OF AUG 09 ROTATION, and it's S&H week! Haven't done these in forever ...

OFF I GO!!!

Hi everyone..

I am back from the inlaws...I didn't get a chance to get on the computer. I did fit my workouts in though. YEAH! I did Kickmax on Saturday, Sunday Vic and I went to the park and did some run/walk intervals for about an hour. Today we drove home. So, it was my rest day. Which was ok because I needed one..Tomorrow I am going to do Bis & Tris slow & heavy!

Chris: My back and chest were sore over the weekend since I did s&H on Friday...

Beth: I am thinking I am waiting to start STS because we are going to VA beach the week of Labor Day and I don't want to mess up my month. I might start back with it in maybe October...

Hey all! Yeah, Evee ate all of it but she's now looking more like her lean self. I've been giving her food to push it out of her system faster. It was hilarious -- in the morning walk Joe was like, yeah, whatever you gave her its working and then my friends walked her when I went to lab and they were, "WHATEVER YOU GAVE HER IS WORKING" because I apparently didn't give them enough bags! Eek! (so glad I didn't have to be there!)

No workout for me most likely. I slept a lot which only really happens when I'm sick and frankly I felt something tingle in the morning. I dropped off my friends at the airport and I'm futzing before I start an evil experiment. I think we're going to get home near 9p tonight. It was nice having so many guests over but I'm a bit exhausted and am glad to be able to walk around the house in just a tshirt.

Beth -- how cool! I am rather intrigued by P57 but like I said, I hope to see it on craigslist...my goal to start STS is either the 30th of this month (so I guess the 31st maybe?) or the 6th of September. I've been going to slowly I think on my 1rms so having a closer date forces me to work it through...

Chris -- S&H! Have fun with that! did you have a good sunday?

Kathy -- sounds like you were so much better than me this weekend! Good for you!

Avoiding the evil experiment...

S&H Chest & Back...DONE!

Holy COW, my chest was quivering!!! :eek: I think I may feel this tomorrow, like you did, Kathy...

Welcome back too!! Good for you for keeping up with your workouts, you rock! That's fun you and DH did intervals together. Does your hubby work out too, usually, Kathy?

So how many of us are starting STS up again in Sept and what week ? Just want to be in sync with everyone. I do have this tiny thought about doing P90X instead , but I guess I'll let Greg do it by himself... though it probably would be fun to do it together... But then again , I really want to do STS with you guys!! LOL!!

Hottie
: Hope you feel better and don't get dragged down with being ill. You're doing the right thing listening to your body... Glad Evee is ok (in spite of the extra use of poopie bags! LOL!!). .. the "evil expreriment"... should be followed by and evil laugh, Hottie!! LOL!

I had a good weekend at work, really. Saturday I worked on another floor (it was my turn) and actually had a great assignment, EASY people. The nurses weren't THAT friendly though, so I found myself in with my patients listening to their life stories...interesting , I love that stuff!.... Sunday I was back on my unit, and had a sick sick guy. Very sad. Almost made me want to go back to the alcohol abusers on the other floor!... SO glad it's Monday though!!!
Okay, must get showered and start dinner (SO don't feel like it today)...

Hey Chris: It was fun to do workout together. Yes, he works out. But, he isn't into the videos. He does his own routine with weights and then hits the elliptical. He usually does about 4 times a week. I am happy that he is doing something. I have tried to get him into doing a Cathe video and he hasn't shown any interest yet..I am still hoping!! Glad to hear your work weekend went well..

Hottie: Thanks..I am always happy when I plan to workout away from home and I actually do it. Sounds like an interesting weekend for you. Sounds like you have your house to yourselves again?! That is always nice..

Hey! Glad to see someone finally posted. :D Kathy, way to go on doing workouts away from home!!! That takes a lot of motivation and fortitude! Good for you.

STS vs. P90X -- Chris, so crazy..... I have the P90X and have never done it -- just bits here and there, so if you want to do that sometime, we could do that together. I am kind of psyched to do STS again though. Yeah, I think you're right -- we didn't take any time off of weights because everyone was anxious to start -- I was remembering the weeks in between mesos. Well, let's see what everyone thinks for a start date.

I'm exhausted.... lots going on here...... I guess more tomorrow......

Get the heck OUT, Beth..you have P90X?? Joanne said she has it too, and never did it. We really do need to do it after (not RIGHT after , but after) this STS round!!! That would be a hoot! (LOL!)

Kathy: Yep, Greg says he feels weird working out "with a bunch of girls". Of course , he doesn't know that they can ALL kick his ass, ..must some male ego thing he can't get over. Although he used to do Step with me years ago to Gin Miller (MTV step vhs tape!). I guess it was techno and lots of guys in it. ... It's good to hear your hub has gotten into working out though! Very cool!

Okay, gotta get these kiddos prepped for bed, I get to watch THE CLOSER tonight (LOVE that show!!!...)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.