Audio sync problems with Workout Blender?

wendyloo

Cathlete
I subscribe to On Demand, and this has been an issue for me for a long time, but I keep forgetting to post about it. When I make a workout using the Workout Blender (I'm using Windows 7 on Google Chrome, if that matters), the audio does not sync with the video. Sometimes this is also true for just using the premixes in the blender (not mixes that I've created, but the premixes from the drop downs). It's barely a beat behind on most of the workouts, but as Cathe will tell you, being off beat just doesn't work. I can deal with it for weight workouts, but for cardio and metabolic workouts it's so frustrating.

Is this a reported issue for many people? I did email customer service about it in the past (specifically about Athletic Step, I think) and they said they saw what I was talking about, but nothing has changed.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

I have been having some problems with this as well while using Google Chrome in Linux. I haven't reported it because I haven't had a chance to test it on other computers or apps, but it is definitely happening on my workout computer. I first noticed it with the new Fit Split videos.

I subscribe to On Demand, and this has been an issue for me for a long time, but I keep forgetting to post about it. When I make a workout using the Workout Blender (I'm using Windows 7 on Google Chrome, if that matters), the audio does not sync with the video. Sometimes this is also true for just using the premixes in the blender (not mixes that I've created, but the premixes from the drop downs). It's barely a beat behind on most of the workouts, but as Cathe will tell you, being off beat just doesn't work. I can deal with it for weight workouts, but for cardio and metabolic workouts it's so frustrating.

Is this a reported issue for many people? I did email customer service about it in the past (specifically about Athletic Step, I think) and they said they saw what I was talking about, but nothing has changed.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Hi Wendyloo,

I tested Athletic Step on a Mac and a Windows 10 machine and didn't experience any sync issues while playing this video using the Workout Blender. Windows 7 is now a 9 year old operating system and I would suspect it might be the cause of your issues as the codecs it uses may no longer be up to date, but I don't have a Windows 7 machine that I can test on to be sure.

Hi Wendyloo,

I tested Athletic Step on a Mac and a Windows 10 machine and didn't experience any sync issues while playing this video using the Workout Blender. Windows 7 is now a 9 year old operating system and I would suspect it might be the cause of your issues as the codecs it uses may no longer be up to date, but I don't have a Windows 7 machine that I can test on to be sure.

Oops--sorry, I'm using Windows 10, not 7. And I just went in and tested, and it doesn't seem to be happening anymore. If it does I'll contact customer support :) Thanks for responding.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it's working for you now.

Thanks--although today I did one from Fit Split and the issue is there. If you compare the warm up from the premix version of Shred Cardio to the original version, you will notice a very slight delay in the sync. It is barely discernible, and you will probably have to stand up and actually do the warm up to experience the issue. It is so slightly off, but enough that it puts you off beat. Cathe is totally in sync in the original version, but if you switch to the premix version, or if you use the warm up chapter to create your own workout, the issue is there. When I preview it, I can hardly see it--but even if you just tap your foot along to it you should see what I'm talking about. I'd love to hear back to see what you find. Thanks for checking and getting back to me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.