attn: Steppingup aka Kelly

getnfit@38

Cathlete
Hi Kelly :)

I just wanted to tell you how delicious your sweet potato recipe is! I made it "as is" and didn't play around with lowering any calorie or fat content because I wanted to actually see what it should taste like before I started fooling around with it, and OMG it was so freakin good my hubby and I had to stop ourselves from just digging right in the casserole dish with spoons and polishing the whole thing off! :)
I will NEVER make sweet potatoes any other way from now on! And for the taste, the calories really aren't THAT bad. They were wonderful, and I thank you for sharing that recipe! :)

Donna

p.s. WARNING! Anyone reading this try this recipe at your own risk! It is absolutely addictive! The crunchy topping is, as my daughter would say, "off the wires!" :)

I had posted this at videofitness but never did here. Sorry about that. This is sooooo delicious. It's not the healthiest recipe in the world but with one cup of sugar it has to taste good!!!

Sweet Potato Bake

3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or
butter)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

TOPPING:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine

In a mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, milk, butter, eggs, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-quart baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown
Yield: 8-10 servings

Enjoy!!!

Kelly http://www.sgtfuzzbubble99.homestead.com/files/Smilies/De_Niro/eeyore.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.