Attn: Paula regarding Amy Bento

gogigi

Cathlete
Hi Paula,
It is a good think you like hi/lo b/c I believe that, along with step, is Amy's forte. She also has some unique weight work. I pretty much love everything Amy has put out but I will keep my rec's to your preferred workouts styles.
For short a short workout that introduces you to Amy's hi/lo and some weight work try Cardio Pump Hi/Lo. It will give you a short hi/lo section followed by a short total body pump (somewhat of a functional twist and not heavy weights). The production value isn't the best b/c this is one of her first offerings but I often reach for it and Cardio Pump Step when short on time and want to hit a bit of everything.

Hi/Lo:
Hi/Lo Xtreme (HLX) - great, fun, energetic combo's followed by a quick interval burst. The choregoraphy is a bit complex...definitely more complex than Cathe's but total fun once you get it. There is not a lot of teaching break down and there was a bit of a learning curve for me but it was worth the learning!

Hi/Lo Dome Challenge - fun, fun, fun with more of a steady state feel. The combo's were not as hard for me to learn as in HLX and intervals don't seem as much like intervals to me. My heart rate stays going pretty steady in this one. The music is fantastic and I really, really enjoy this workout.

Kickbox:
Kickbox Xtreme - people complain about her form and that it's not true kickbox so if those types of things bother you, this may not be for you. It is more like hi/lo with a kickbox flare. A couple of the combo's are tricky to catch onto and I do have to modify a bit for space. The music pumps me up and I find this workout to be quite creative and again, worth the learning curve.

In the Ring with Amy Bento and CIA All Cardio Hi/Lo Knockout are the next workouts she is filming. I think they sound FAB!

You may want to go to http://www.nrgfitness.net/videos.html and check out the clips and read the descriptions of the above workouts. She gives nice, long clips that give you a really good idea of the type of workout you are getting.

I hope that helps. Let me know what you decide on. She has become a fast favorite of mine in the last year or so!

Angela:7

Hi Angela,

Sorry about posting the question on the wrong forum......I ordered Hi/lo extreme and Kickbox xtreme today on ebay. There was a company that was selling them with free shipping if you spent $20.00 or more. I am really excited about these. I love Cathe!!!!!!! but to be honest, I didn't love 4Day Split. I did Rhythmic Step yesterday, and loved it.....did Boot Camp in 4Day Split two days ago and couldn't wait for it to end. I am looking forward to more of Cathe's kickboxing, cardio and total body workouts.

>Hi Angela,
>
>Sorry about posting the question on the wrong forum......I
>ordered Hi/lo extreme and Kickbox xtreme today on ebay. There
>was a company that was selling them with free shipping if you
>spent $20.00 or more. I am really excited about these. I
>love Cathe!!!!!!! but to be honest, I didn't love 4Day Split.
>I did Rhythmic Step yesterday, and loved it.....did Boot Camp
>in 4Day Split two days ago and couldn't wait for it to end. I
>am looking forward to more of Cathe's kickboxing, cardio and
>total body workouts.

Angela
On enjoy them! You bought good ones. They have a bit of a learning curve, but they are fun, fun, fun in my opinion! HLX has a lot of footage from APX so you will get a taste of what her weight work is like also. A great premix from HLX alternates some of the hi/lo with the leg work from All Pump Xtreme and it gets your lower body good! So, don't forget to check out the premixes!!!

I just didn't want to recommend a butt load of Amy's workouts to you on Cathe's video forum...tee hee! I actually try not to "police" the forum...I kind of dislike it when forum members do that. I just wanted to explain why I was responding elsewhere!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.