Attention personal trainers!

macska

Cathlete
Just a question to you guys: if you work in a gym what % of the money you get from what you make? Thanks, Mari

Hi, Mari. I recently convinced the gym owner I "work for" to treat me as an independent contractor thereby making it easier for him and much more profitable for me. I pay him "rent" every month-$75.00. The clients then pay me directly. Currently, all of my clients buy 9 sessions at a time for a total of $230.00. Prior to this, I was making 60% of every session. I've brought quite a few members to the gym and currently have 15 clients at a gym that had zero less than 1 year ago. I don't know if you are looking at hiring a trainer or becoming one, but I taught at the secondary level for 14 years prior to this and haven't had a single regret. It's so incredibly rewarding plus I'm my own boss! Hope any of this helped!

Thanks Deena! The owner of the gym where I work asks for nothing if I bring the member, but if I train their existing members he wants to give me 60%. I had no clue about the going ratio, that's why I was asking. It seems that the 60% he is offering is the going rate. Maybe I can also work some "rent" out with him too. Thanks a lot, Mari

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.