Are you worried about the dogs?

V

VLEstrange

Cathe,
This is the first time I've checked out the fitmoms forum, but I have been wondering how you are doing. How great to get an update on your pregnancy!!! I think it is great that you are willing to share this very special time with all of us. It helps me relive my pregnancy too. My little boy is almost 15months now!! It goes by soooo quickly. Anyway, are you worried bout how your dogs will welcome the baby? I have 2 cats and I was really worried about how they would receive the baby. One of my delivery room nurses told me to ask for one of the towels that they clean the baby off with, one that has the vernix (I think that's the name) on it. Anyway, leave this towel where the dogs sleep so that they will get used to the baby's scent before you bring him (by the way, congrats on it being a boy)home. We did this and the cats seemed only mildly curious when the baby came home. Of course now that he's walking they're not thrilled with him. Sorry this post was so long. God bless, good luck.

Addi and Hampton

Unfortunately, our little service dog Addi(that we are training for one year)will miss the arrival of the baby. He will be returned to the program in November or December for more extensive training. As far as our "permanent pet" Hampton is concerned, he is the most mellow marshmallow on this earth. Have you ever seen the movie "Homeward Bound"? If you have, Hampton could have played the part of the old, wise, golden retriever Shadow. Hampton would probably be more reliable than a babysitter
happy.gif
. I can already see him sitting in front of the crib, swing, car seat, play pen, etc. watching over the baby and giving a little bark if something seems suspicious to him.

Hampton

How wonderful that you will have a built in "alarm" to alert you to anything out of the ordinary. I'm glad everything will be great.

Dogs

Cathe- reading your response reminded me. I don't know if you have had time to look at all the great kids stuff available, but there is the cutest book series that you will just need. The Carl books. It is about a gorgeous dog (Carl) who always ends up babysitting an adorable baby. These are wonderful picture books (they have only a sentence or two total), and are a complete joy to look through. I suggest the chubby version for a small baby who likes to chew. By the time they get old enough not to ruin the pages, they seem to be ready for more complicated stories. Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.